NuView IRA Reviews

Updated May 11, 2022

Found 29 of over 29 reviews

4.0
NuView IRA President & CEO Glen Mather (no image)
Glen Mather

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

90.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=NuView IRA~1330254
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

AWESOME COMPANY

May 11, 2022 - Training Coordinator in Longwood, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

NuView is a great company to work for. The staff is welcoming and supportive. Everyone works together and helps each other. The company cares about you as a person and they are family oriented. I LOVE this company!!

Cons

I can not think of anything!

Human Resource Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review the company!

2. 4.0

Niche industry, great company

Apr 29, 2022 - IRA Specialist in Longwood, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very generous PTO. Upbeat staff and office. Many staff events and paid holidays. Lots of great opportunity to start a professional career.

Cons

Still a relatively small company for the client base (12,000+), but they are growing and improving processes all the time.

Human Resource Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review NuView IRA. The company continues to look for different ways to grow our benefits packages and career opportunities. NuView has placed client experience both internal and external on the forefront to assist with retention and the overall training of all staff. We are so blessed to have a team that truly cares and drives the mission every day for our clients.

3. 3.0

Great company!

May 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Longwood, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits, hours, and family atmosphere. The entire team works together to get the job done and solve problems.

Cons

The company is growing at a rate where not all the problems can be solved immediately. They are continuing to recognize what does need to be worked on.

Human Resource Manager

Thank you for your feedback! Our culture thrives on that family atmosphere and teamwork which makes our company unique. Growth comes with areas of improvement so as we speak the company has projects that will help tackle areas that we can overcome and improve upon. As a company, we see that the world of technology is vast, and we are working diligently to make updates for both the good of the employees and our clients to make processes simpler.

4. 2.0

Senior Management Prevent Any Good Change, Overworked

Oct 26, 2021 - Operations in Longwood, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very friendly, there is food stocked in the kitchen at all times, and you are incentivized with gift cards often. Promotes from within, ability to apply for different roles.

Cons

Very heavy workload, heavy call volume with insulting pay for the work we do. Extremely religious environment. Shoddy technology that crashes or fails daily. Always understaffed due to crazy turnover. Lasting here 1 year is seen as being a ‘senior’ on the staff. Upper management constantly promising positive change, but never upholding it. Departments are treated very differently by management, some are favored/disfavored.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resource Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review NuView IRA. I want to first apologize for any difficult times you have experienced with NuView. We thrive off all feedback we are given. As a company, we use an entrepreneurial operating system that allows for a structure to run the company efficiently. Within the operating system, we have department-based meetings used to discuss issues and create solutions. We encourage all employees to use their department-based meetings to discuss issues and process changes needed to be efficient. The company has an open-door policy to discuss anything with any manager at any time. Technology is an item that we are currently working on overall and we want to make sustainable technology updates that will allow for us to be more efficient. I want to again thank you for this honest review.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Decent company

Jun 15, 2021 - Marketing and Sales Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company culture and environment

Cons

They expect too much from their employees

Human Resource Admin Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to write a Glassdoor review for NuView IRA. NuView IRA thrives on the feedback from current and past employees.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Feb 24, 2021 - Accounting in Longwood, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay for little experience Great culture

Cons

Stressful sometimes Lots of meetings and telephones ring constantly

Human Resource Admin Assistant

Thank you for your honest review about your experience with NuView IRA. Our culture is so important and we want to ensure we are making the necessary changes to ensure all team members feel embraced.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place, and only getting better

Dec 8, 2020 - Growing Company in Longwood, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work here are great, and knows what team work is. The CEO and Vice President, do what ever they can to show their employees how much they are appreciated.

Cons

I wish I got paid just a tad bit more.

Human Resource Admin Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. NuView employees genuinely care for one another and we all try to step in to help one another, when needed.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

My experience here was poor

Oct 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Longwood, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I mostly liked my coworkers

Cons

Poor training, poor compensation, denied raises

Human Resource Admin Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to review NuView IRA. In 2021, we will be rolling out two initiatives that pertain to training and employee satisfaction. We are excited provide a training plan that will allow employees to feel confident in their work and knowledge. Also, showing the employees an even deeper appreciation for their hard work and their dedication to our clients and each other. Again, thank you for your time at NuView and feedback – which we will use to identify ways to continue to make NuView a great place to work!

9. 3.0

Could be Better

Sep 16, 2020 - Accounting Associate in Longwood, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

My coworkers are great. I've gotten close with a couple of them. There is plenty of work to do and the day goes quickly. Team leads are helpful in managing workload. The company allows you to contribute to growth with quarterly projects. Bonuses are given throughout the year and also a yearly retreat and Christmas party with presents for every employee.

Cons

The phone is everyone's nightmare. While I admire NuView's aspirations to excellent customer service, sometimes it comes at the cost of our mental health as our normal workload falls behind when there are high call volumes. In particular, the Transactions team takes the brunt of the hit. Last year, they handled 25,000 calls - a team of 3-5 people at any given time. This call volume was also handled on top of their normal workload. They experience the most pressure and abuse from clients out of any team. They aren't paid enough to do the work that they do in the amount of time it's expected. Personally, I have been belittled and screamed at by clients on multiple occasions. During one instance in particular, a client called me an idiot, and a member of the management team brushed off my concerns and told me, 'They're actually very nice people." I have also witnessed some favoritism. Some employees have been terminated for very little while others poor behavior (personally and professionally) appears to be tolerated. At times the work has been incredibly overwhelming. And while I understand the need for monitoring an employee's workload, it became micromanaging at times. There have been some weeks that I don't feel trusted to do my job and I take pride in what I do and doing it well. Currently, I am burnt out and take little interest in my work as we're testing remote work. This is one of the busiest times of year for our team and it is getting more intense with Cheetah (a new system implementation) coming up. It wasn't a great time for this testing to happen.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resource Admin Assistant

Thank you for taking time to write your review. We are appreciative of your honest feedback about your employment at NuView. We are so glad to hear about your strong team bond with coworkers and team leads. NuView’s culture has influenced our winnings for Best Places to Work, four times. We understand that answering phones in a customer service role can be frustrating, and with over 10,000 clients, there can be large spikes in call volume at any given time. We continue to work on ways to better move calls through the office and are investing significant resources to upgrade our phone systems to simplify the process for our team members. NuView uses a progressive discipline system and provides coaching and discipline as needed to underperforming team members. Due to privacy reasons, individual employees’ disciplinary action is not made public and unfortunately, can appear as though nothing is being done. NuView continues to utilize a coach up or coach out leadership approach with team members that are not performing to the standards of their peers. The testing of remote work, while not timely, was necessary to ensure the health and safety of our employees during an unprecedented pandemic. This testing is providing the framework for remote work opportunities for our employees in the future. Again, thank you for your time at NuView and feedback – which we will use to identify ways to continue to make NuView a great place to work!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Oct 23, 2019 - Finance Manager in Longwood, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone works as a team striving to reach the same goals

Cons

Not enough hours in the day but this issue is being addressed

Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. You mentioned everyone striving for the same goals and that is one of the things I like most about NuView. Our operational plan is "Traction" created by Gino Wickman. Everyone has a voice and everyone is involved. It makes us all accountable. Thank you for the trust component in the "con" section. We do listen and keep tabs on operations in various ways. We are always striving to streamline and make improvements so that we can continue to make this the best place to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews