Nexonia Inc. Employee Reviews about "social events"

Updated Dec 30, 2019

3.9
Nexonia Inc. CEO  Eric Friedrichsen
Eric Friedrichsen
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Great atmosphere to work in along with great people(in 6 reviews)

• "Social events (FNL, Holiday Parties, Potlucks, Game Nights, Jays Game etc(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "If working at a fast-paced SaaS company was easy, there would be no challenge left(in 4 reviews)

• "Newly acquired company, good luck with the integration - hope none of you are also let go(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "social events"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Brilliant working environment/ culture"

Current Employee - Support Expert in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed and professional working environment Amazing colleagues Managers/ Senior staff very approachable and accessible Interesting and challenging role Growth opportunities Great social events

Cons

I genuinely can't think of any

January 14, 2020Employee Success Manager

Happy to hear that you enjoying the culture and people. We work hard and bring people together through events and social functions. Hope you enjoy all the events in 2020 that our social committee is planning!

2. "Nexonia is an amazing work environment with helpful coworkers and easy-going environment"

Current Employee - Customer Support Expert in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly coworkers - Amazing management - Fun work environment - Encourage social events - Management more than happy to help/ get involved

Cons

- no major complaints worth noting

January 14, 2020Employee Success Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience thus far. Our staff is truly amazing and we strive to provide a positive work environment for all employees. Keep up the great work! Thanks, Ania

"Nexonia is my Second Family!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have to say through all the changes (which can be a lot for some), I'm happy I decided to stay and work through all the ups and downs. Nexonia has shifted from a small start-up to what's becoming a larger company, and it's been amazing working with them through all these changes. The people who work at this company are incredibly kind, intelligent, and motivated - it feels good to be surrounded by that energy. Everyone pushes each other forward, and that's why we're an extremely accountable and collaborative team. If we move forward, it's together - and if we mess up, we own up to it. It provides for a very responsible group of people, and that's a rare but awesome environment to work in. This, among so many other reasons, is why I genuinely love waking up in the morning and coming to work every day. Our dynamic is similar to a family - everyone says hi, asks how you're doing, wants to help where they can ... and I know you might be thinking that this is trivial, but it's truly the reason why I enjoy the company of people I work with. Your colleagues can make your job feel amazing or make it difficult - and Nexonia hires some of the most genuine people who really help create that family bond we have here. Aside from our strong culture, we're also continuously growing and changing. If you're looking for something predictable and dull, we're not the company for you. If you like continuous learning, constant growth, and new opportunities to develop your skills - we're the right fit for you. It's definitely never a dull moment here, and it's one of the reasons why I like this company. It can become very easy to slip into the same routine every day, but Nexonia is ever-changing and provides endless opportunities to learn about new products and meet new people. Some other things Nexonia provides are: - Coffee & tea plus an awesome snack shelf - Benefits which are fairly generous and begin when you start - A happy hour every Friday complete with beer & snacks - Social events (FNL, Holiday Parties, Potlucks, Game Nights, Jays Game etc.)

Cons

I feel like many people would list the constant change as a con, however it keeps things interesting and now that we have stronger direction it's much better. I also think compensation could be better, but when you compare it to the culture of the office - I consider being happy at work a few steps higher than serious $$$ & being unhappy. Our leadership has been quite chaotic for the last year, but as of right now we're on a pretty steady path and I have much more faith in our leadership now. To be honest, I don't have too many cons - there's always things we can do better as a company, it's just not as apparent right now as it was a few years ago.

February 13, 2018HR Generalist

WOW! Thank you so much for your feedback! There are many things that our team at Nexonia is able to provide, you listed off many of them. We always love to hear what our employees have to say about our company! We're very happy to see that you are growing and continue to develop your skills throughout your career at Nexonia. Yes, change is rapid and constant here, but we hope you are enjoying the ride and gaining as much knowledge as you can in order to continue succeeding! We will also continue to work on transparency as all employees would like to see more of that. We will never stop focusing on promoting a fun workplace with a great culture and good people! Thanks for sharing your experience with us! Sincerely, Ania

"Stressful environment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Developer in Montreal, QC

I worked at Nexonia Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid products that used to be developed by smart and nice individuals. Great office locations and worm social events planned by the social committee. But they all belong to the past.

Cons

When I've joined the company I was impressed by the connection between the leadership and the employees. In the past year that connection became a toxic one where the leadership was giving totally false expectations and information to the team. Unexpectedly, good people were laid off.

February 26, 2017VP, HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is always difficult to let go of good people - that part never gets easy, especially when you work at a company that truly values a positive culture vibe and its people. Transparency and open communication will always be at the top of our priority list. Our goal is to get better and better at this so that there are no surprises and employees understand where our company is headed. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your honest viewpoint.

"New Era, New Energy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having weathered a storm of management change and process rebuilds, Nexonia is starting to feel more and more like the company I originally signed up for. Unlike your usual corporate environments, there are no egos here, no internal competition, and finally, no more toxic attitudes. It is incredible to see C-level executives roll up their sleeves in a bull-pen next to entry level employees and simply grind. We're beginning to channel and finally own up to the pillars that have been preached to me since day one: ambition, talent, and high values. Having seen both the high and low times, I can say with absolute certainty that from top-down, the team is ready to push forward and continue growing positively. From increased social events, to collaboration on company-wide strategy, our staff is keen to compete, and our management is keen to let us. It definitely seems like we've ushered in a new era at Nexonia, and the new energy is nothing short of exciting.

Cons

This company, like the industry it competes in, does not sit still for a day. Whether you are customer facing or administrative, every day we are stagnant and void of improvement, we're falling behind. With this comes a level of pressure that absolutely is not for everyone. When I first started at the company, the training in certain departments was poor to non-existent. While Nexonia encourages independence and project ownership, it can be daunting without some guidance. Fortunately, a new Learning and Development Manager has been brought on to mitigate this issue, and the change has already begun.

October 13, 2016VP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to add your feedback about the company. We have definitely seen change happen. Nexonia rarely sits still. One thing that's for sure is that when we need to take action, we don't hesitate. I'm thrilled to hear that you can see the positive initiatives that have helped to foster a more collaborative working environment from top down. Our culture definitely thrives from a grass-roots environment. While the leadership team helps to support the culture, we all foster our culture together to make it what it is. You can't dictate what you want it to be - it simply is, based on our core values and our beliefs. Your advice to management is spot on. Transparency and collaboration is the backbone of what makes our company unique. We want everyone to get involved. This is our company and nothing will ever change that. Thanks again, Christine

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews