Nexonia Inc. Employee Reviews about "let go"

Updated Jul 5, 2017

3.9
Nexonia Inc. CEO  Eric Friedrichsen
Eric Friedrichsen
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Great atmosphere to work in along with great people(in 6 reviews)

• "Social events (FNL, Holiday Parties, Potlucks, Game Nights, Jays Game etc(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "If working at a fast-paced SaaS company was easy, there would be no challenge left(in 4 reviews)

• "Newly acquired company, good luck with the integration - hope none of you are also let go(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "let go"

Return to all Reviews

"Defensive Responses"

2.0

I have been working at Nexonia Inc.

Pros

People are great. Location is convenient. Some initiatives have been successful from previous years like mentorship programs and internal learning.

Cons

Management that is defensive and unable to be more self aware of their failures. HR leadership that is defensive to departed employees that are only posting the truth - of why they are no longer at the company. New hires, ask some of the old timers here about our fragmented history. It's pretty scandalous. Newly acquired company, good luck with the integration - hope none of you are also let go.

Nexonia Inc. Response

July 6, 2017Manager, HR

It's unfortunate that you feel my asking questions is a form of being defensive. They're genuine questions as I was not here for what happened previously. You know where I sit, right out there with everyone else. If you ever want to have an open conversation of how to make things better, you are always welcome to stop by. Happy to engage in a conversation.

"Great People. Not So Great Environment."

Former Employee - Support Analyst in Toronto, ON

I worked at Nexonia Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

The place has great employees, who are fun to talk to and an all around interesting corporate atmosphere. The office is nice and well lit, with an open concept flow. Free Macbook Air (but that's just so you can work at home as much as possible)

Cons

The learning curve for the product is steep, and managment expects you to get there in the blink of an eye. While some management was helpful in this process, others were abusive and detrimental to the learning process. Since the company started with two members (the CEO Neil, and one Developer), Neil seems to have trouble delegating or understanding when issues aren't resolved immidiately. Long time customers will go straight to him when they feel they are not getting preferential treatment, and this led to me witnessing Neil the CEO yelling and cursing at another member of the team on the floor, in open view of everyone else in the office. Two seconds later, he is fine and dandy, and will apologize after the fact. His alternating methods of discouragement and encouragement did not lead to an environment that I felt comfortable staying in. The company is definitely growing, but I think in a manner much to fast for them to comprehend or handle adequately. Expect to be fearful for your job, and let go if you speak honestly or out of turn about anything relating to Neil, the product, or your place within the company. Also, expect to be doing 60 hour work weeks to keep up with the amount of work you have been assigned, and that will be a lot. Support members were expected to be on call for 2--3 specified shifts each a week, with no additional stipend.

Continue reading

"Low Morale, no incentives for change"

in Toronto, ON

I worked at Nexonia Inc.

Pros

- Some team members are great to work with - It's a decent location transportation wise - there's beer on Friday evenings - the benefits package is nice for full timers

Cons

- The expectation is that you'll love the product as much as the CEO does. Dedicate your time to it and anything less is worthy of being let go. - There are zero processes. Expect to feel clueless a lot of the time - There is no expectation that people should have concerns. They'll do surveys to make people feel like they are listened to but people are too scared to speak up, because there's no sense of job security - the CEO: his product may be good but he is not good with running people. He has a known temper and it is an unwritten rule that you will eventually be on the wrong side of his temper. Being included on an email thread he is on is panic inducing

"So much potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits... awesome product and the employees are all truly hard working and want Nexonia to succeed. Twice yearly company events that are well organized.

Cons

The company's employees are very tight, and with such high turnover, we talk. When you see employees who have really worked hard and tirelessly, being let go- it does not instill trust in management, but the opposite. HR does not work for its employees, but for the CEO solely. If an employee can't go to HR because they know what they say will eventually be relayed to the CEO, that is a problem. Smart, Nice and Great at what we do. That is the description of a Nexonia employee. It should be for upper management as well. NO employee should ever be berated or yelled at. Period.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews