Nexonia Inc. Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Jan 15, 2017

3.9
Nexonia Inc. CEO  Eric Friedrichsen
Eric Friedrichsen
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Great atmosphere to work in along with great people(in 6 reviews)

• "Social events (FNL, Holiday Parties, Potlucks, Game Nights, Jays Game etc(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "If working at a fast-paced SaaS company was easy, there would be no challenge left(in 4 reviews)

• "Newly acquired company, good luck with the integration - hope none of you are also let go(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews

"Nexonia Culture Revamp"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Recent changes have been implemented at Nexonia. There were some concerns about the culture going down and management listened to ensure that as always, employees come first. At first, we were all a little worried about the new changes, but then I realized that the leadership team has always kept their word to be transparent, lead with integrity and treat each other with respect. I'm so hopeful and optimistic with all the new changes we're going to see that I actually feel a surge of positive energy in the air. HR provided me with some updates on what they plan to roll out this year and I can truly say that the focus is on their employees. Big plans for learning and development and the opportunity to collaborate on what we want to participate in to continue to grow. The discussions are ongoing and completely open - that's what it's like working here. We almost lost that connection at one point, but it looks like we're spot on again - a return to greatness.

Cons

Change can be difficult and sometimes, it makes us nervous. The unknown can be a vast and scary thing. However, if you run a business as if it were your own, you will always care about your product, respect your employees and manage the way you want to be managed. If working at a fast-paced SaaS company was easy, there would be no challenge left. I love working at Nexonia and knowing that I'm continuously being pushed to be the best. It's not always easy but I wouldn't give this up for anything else!

June 20, 2016VP, HR

Thank you for your honest feedback. We have recently implemented some new initiatives and we're going to ensure that we take the time to do things right. It may take a little time for all of us to get used to some of the new initiatives that get launched but we'll always ensure we're listening to what our employees have to say. Thanks again for letting us know how you feel and sharing that with us!

"Change is inevitable in this line of business"

Former Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Nexonia Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've noticed a trend with some former Nexonia employees' Glassdoor reviews skewing on the extremely negative side of things. Since I have also recently moved on from Nexonia, I feel compelled to write a Glassdoor review that, in my opinion, is more objective and less dramatic (yawn, boring I know). I'm empathetic to my colleagues who have lost their jobs due to budget cuts, departmental restructuring or a recent merger/acquisition. However, these business decisions are rarely (if ever) personal, and Nexonia does their best to offer career transition support. Many similar companies experience the same turnover rate (or higher), so none of this exclusive to Nexonia. Personally, I'd rather channel my energy into something positive (like finding a job that fits my skill set/personality better) rather than something negative (like writing about how your former employer is the "company of your nightmares") but to each their own I guess. For those of you who are pondering whether or not to apply for a job at Nexonia, here are some of the "Pros": - Decent benefits package - Great office location on the subway line - Colleagues who are genuinely nice people who are hard workers - A chance to really use and challenge your current skill set and develop new skills - An opportunity to make impactful decisions and positive changes, which is difficult to accomplish in a more established organization.

Cons

I believe Nexonia has the potential to get a 5 star review, but at the time I left the company they were (like many high-growth brands) experiencing some disconnected communication between departments, and the culture is suffering from a bit of an identity crisis at the moment (especially in light of a new merger). For some people, the fact that the processes and systems are new or change with frequency might deter someone who requires more structure and routine. It's a fast-paced environment at Nexonia, and not everyone is up for that challenge. I would argue that those types of experiences help shape you for the better, but again that's just my humble opinion.

January 26, 2017VP, HR

Thanks very much for your review. It's rare to read a review that is so honest and objective, especially coming from an employee that may have been impacted by job loss. I can appreciate many of the points you make in your review that are truthful and agree with much of your comments. For one, I highly respect your optimism and drive to find a job that fits your skill set and personality - love that. I also admire your empathy towards those employees who may have been negatively impacted with job loss - it's never easy to lose good people. Ever. Your advice to management is spot on - better communication about change and direction. We recently launched our Change Champion Network at Nexonia in order to ensure that we communicate better and provide timely updates on how our company is doing. Attracting and retaining new talent is top of our list as well - we want to ensure we bring in the best and retain the highest performers. Lastly, continuing to make data-driven decisions has never changed and likely never will. It's what keeps us informed about how our company is faring and what steps we need to take to ensure we keep getting better. Your review is very thoughtful and helpful - thank you again, for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback.

"Great Company, Great People!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nexonia is a great company with great people! The products are awesome and very easy to use. The CEO is very passionate about the company, customers and employees and is always will to make changes and improvements for the better. I have seen many changes over the years and it is very impressive how much the company has grown and it's great success.

Cons

Nexonia is a great place to work so there are no downfalls, but with any growing company many things change quickly and you need to be able to adapt in a fast paced environment.

December 22, 2015Director, HR

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! So glad to hear that some of our changes have made a positive difference for you. While we never want to stress out our employees with too much change, we certainly won't stop making improvements where we can to ensure that we make the right changes! Thank you for your advice to management - we will never stop listening to our employees. Just keep telling us what you need from us to succeed! Sincerely, Christine

"Growing fast"

Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Nexonia Inc.

Pros

Excellent high growth market for automated time and expense management tools Great mid-town Toronto location on the subway Fun, engaged and smart colleagues

Cons

Fast paced and some travel needed to trade shows

December 22, 2015Director, HR

Thanks for your feedback! We love our mid-town location too! We have gone through a major growth spurt in the past few year and we'll continue to grow as business needs dictate! It's been an amazing experience meeting all the new faces and talent that have joined our organization lately. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - we really appreciate it. Sincerely, Christine

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews