Nexonia Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 15 October, 2018

3.6
Bob Neveu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Working at Nexonia is a great experience as a summer intern" (in 5 reviews)

• "Everyone is super helpful and willing to help even when they are really busy" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Newly acquired company, good luck with the integration - hope none of you are also let go" (in 4 reviews)

• "I love working at Nexonia and knowing that I'm continuously being pushed to be the best" (in 13 reviews)

"Great Company, Great Team"

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Nexonia Team is a warm, friendly and hard-working bunch. I was made to feel at home from day 1. The SLT are demonstrably interested and invested in making sure that they are accessable to their employees and that their employees have the tools they need to thrive and grow within the company. Everyone I've worked with has been friendly and willing to help however they can. This is a team that works hard and has fun doing it.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any.

3 Oct, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thanks for sharing. Our team is really our best asset, the people who work here are fantastic and incredibly resilient. Their warm welcoming attitude really helps new employees feel at home. Keep up... More

"Layoffs in Montreal"

I worked at Nexonia Inc. full-time

Pros

Colleagues- We were a big family of tech professionals working together. Everyone of us was working for the company’s best interest.

Cons

Unstable company. Self-centric SLT. No vision.
    The big layoffs from Montreal were handled poorly. People treated without dignity and respect after they dedicated many extra hours to the company.

3 Oct, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing. As you may know these layoffs happened almost two years ago, I am really sorry to hear that you experienced them. It's taken some time, but we've managed to come out those dark... More

"Great company; great team."

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having left a very corporate culture after having been there for a very long time, I am pleased to say I have found an awesome work-home in Nexonia. The team is great; there is always a good time to be had in this office. Management has always looked out for my best interests since I started--I've been quite vocal about stating my goals and none of them have shied away from helping me get there; in fact, I've been encouraged to push forward.
    It's not always work and no play at Nexonia - we have a great social aspect too: Social Fridays, plenty of after work activities and company-wide recognition once a month.

Cons

Working for a company undergoing a growth phase can be a bit scary, but I can assure you, I've always known where I stand since I got here. The open door policy our company has makes it easy for me to ask any questions about how changes will impact me and I trust that they have always provided the best answer.

Advice to Management

I had been working for a very well established company before coming here - the change was a big one for me as I had been comfortable for so long. I just want to say a very sincere thank you for making me feel at home here so quickly and for making yourselves available anytime I've asked; it has not gone unnoticed.

3 Oct, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your experience thus far. We really do make sure that our team gets a chance to socialize and unwind after the day ends. We are planning some fun Friday events for the remainder... More

"A dark side of my life"

I worked at Nexonia Inc. full-time

Pros

The start was encouraging. A few smart and humble leaders along with a promising future. Short experience.

Cons

Regardless the extra hours, leaders would always have a way to show that the work we put in was not enough. That the software was collapsing because we were not structured enough. We were not good enough.
    The changes were stressful and we were afraid for our jobs. Being the only financial provider in my family I was very dedicated to my job. The lack of communication put my entire family under pressure.
    Because leaders were promising too much, I did not look for a new job. My mistake. I should have done that and protect my loved ones from going through a though time.

Advice to Management

Act with maturité. I am a part of the layoffs. Because of them I suffered from depression for 6 months. I could have started a légal action against the company. My lawyer had many wonderful ideas to put me in a winning position but I preferred to focus on my future and not on this horrible company.
    A former colleague, who knows about my struggle, told me about the immature response from hr in regards to the layoffs and I just want to wish only pleasant expériences to whom is writing these messages. I hope you’ll never have to struggle like I did and I hope next time you write a message, you will show more compassion.
    Don’t forget that you are humans working with humans for humans.

25 Oct, 2018 – Director of Employee Success

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced the layoff while at Nexonia. We certainly do feel empathy for anyone that has had to go through such an unfortunate occurrence. We continue to grow and learn... More

"High stress and low wages"

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I first started it was ok but once you are here day in and day out it’s unbelievably stressful.

Cons

Most of my frustrations come from lack of training and development. No support from my manager on this front.

Advice to Management

Have a clear plan of what needs to be done

3 Oct, 2018 – HR Generalist

We are truly sorry to hear that you are not getting enough support from your manager. The most powerful tool you have are your words, so I encourage you to have a candid conversation with your... More

"Self-promotion culture"

Pros

Not much I can think off

Cons

Self-promotion is the main focus in the company. Political games are a common thing. No focus on healthy growth and personal development.

Advice to Management

Reboot

6 Sep, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback and perspective, we cannot get better as a company without you. We are an extremely fast growing company, and will continue to grow at this pace. If you are looking for... More

"Strong culture and great people"

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Toronto office culture is really great! The people are awesome and there is a lot of opportunities to ask questions and learn. The leadership is also really good. Everyone from SLT and leadership to my peers are approachable and easy to talk to.

Cons

Can't think of any yet. Being that we are a company with a lot of products and brands, communication can sometimes get difficult, but all stuff that I think is common with a growing company.

Advice to Management

Keep the transparency and honesty going. Also continue being approachable and friendly with staff. It helps makes things easier for newer employees.

9 Jul, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our company. We take a lot of pride in how wonderful our staff really are. We completely understand how challenging our products and brand are we... More

"Low morale. no leadership."

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office is above a subway stop, don't have to walk outside in winter. a good place to learn software as a first job.

Cons

extremely low morale that is ignored internally by pointing to 'culture' related stuff like tiki parties and meme walls. zero leadership in the office since certify took over. only middle managers left who care more about protecting themselves than recognizing their employees (even going to the lengths of changing their job titles on linkedin to certify - what message does that send to nexonia employees worried about their job security since the take over?). no leadership has led to cliques forming, silos between departments, gossiping and sense of resentment throughout the office. a lot of good people have moved on in the last year, 5 long standing employees all left to the same company, you would think that would be a wake up call. the cut & paste standard HR responses to previous bad reviews mention an open door policy which does not exist.

Advice to Management

start caring about your employees and your customers who keep the business going rather than yourselves. employ some real leadership at nexonia. change the culture, nobody cares about things like meme walls, people want to feel valued and want to enjoy where they work. instead of ignoring these reviews , recognize and take on board what people are saying.

23 Jul, 2018 – HR Generalist

We’re truly sorry that you feel there’s not enough leadership in our office, or that we don’t have an open door policy. SLT, middle management and employee success in Toronto are always available if... More

"Overall a good experience"

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time

Pros

Great team, flexible work hours, transparent communication, flat structure

Cons

Not much career growth, constant changes

9 Jul, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your experience.

"Wouldn’t recommend to my worst enemy"

I worked at Nexonia Inc. full-time

Pros

I had a good onboarding experience and a good taste of a unified dev team culture. Peers were super nice, too bad the company had toxic management.

Cons

Leadership at any level was just a désastre. Massive layoffs in the dev department - just to have new hires on the same positions, girl replaced while in mat leave, racist and offensive jokes coming from managers and senior leaders encouraging them, employees bribed by managers to keep their mouths shut and to post good reviews on sites like this (you’ll notice that the reviews from here are in waves), lots of backstabbing between managers, backstabbing between co-funders, pay and benefits gap (yes, we used to talk about things like that)... The list can go on and on. Worst job experience ever. This company sucks the life out of you and your family.

Advice to Management

None.

30 May, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to review Nexonia. We’re sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience. While the company does recognize that there have been many bumps in the road, there have... More