Nexonia Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Nexonia Inc. Reviews

Updated 28 Oct 2019

3.6
Nexonia Inc. CEO Bob Neveu (no image)
Bob Neveu
Pros
  • "Great atmosphere to work in along with great people(in 6 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "If working at a fast-paced SaaS company was easy, there would be no challenge left(in 4 reviews)

• "Newly acquired company, good luck with the integration - hope none of you are also let go(in 4 reviews)

"Great company! Awesome culture"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I worked at Nexonia Inc. full-time

Pros

Amazing place to work. Fun culture & supportive management.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep all lines of communication open.

Nexonia Inc.2019-07-30
  2. "Good office environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Nice people - Flexible working hours (i.e. work from home) - Nice managers - snacks - company events and parties

Cons

- social status - team cliques

Nexonia Inc.2019-10-28

"Supportive Leadership Team"

Current Employee - N/A

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time

Pros

Nexonia is an amazing place to work if you want your creativity to shine. No need to worry about micro-management and other minor things that hinder progress and choke creativity. Leadership is very open to hearing your views and challenges and the ideas that you have to make things better. They will work with you as well to support your future endeavors. If you're up for an exciting challenge and willing to learn... in a fast-paced environment, this is the place to be!

Cons

Construction in the surrounding environs.

Advice to Management

I think just continue to keep the doors of communication open. A lot of changes are happening very fast and the transparency is definitely needed in these times.

Nexonia Inc.2019-07-24

"Not impressed"

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time

Pros

Good way to launch your career if you just graduated Laidback atmosphere with friendly coworkers Decent benefits and free perks at work like snacks

Cons

Mismanagement. Issues don't get addressed and it seems like management 50/50 ignores/doesn't understand obvious issues Lack of transparency. Difficult to get any insight how or why decisions are made. if you ask for more information you usually get a bunch of jargon High turnover. People treat this company as a stepping stone and many leave after 1-2 years so all their experience goes out the window and their... department has to scramble to catch up when they leave.

Advice to Management

People don't feel comfortable coming to management with issues that affect their day to day work. Nexonia talks the talk of being open to employee feedback but doesnt walk the walk. Suggestions fizzle out or are waved away. If you as a company want your employees to feel supported then make an actual effort to hear them out and remove obstacles that affect their work. Otherwise you are just making them more likely... to go looking for opportunities elsewhere

Nexonia Inc.2019-07-29

"Can be much better"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good learning platform for new employees just entering the labour market

Cons

poor decisions by management, too much micro management, no bonus, no promotions.

Advice to Management

start over

Nexonia Inc.2019-07-12

"Nexonia Work Experience"

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay and opportunities for advancement. Nexonia (and the parent company) does believe in hiring from within whenever possible. Very generous with kitchen snacks, beer on Fridays and other perks. There is also an excellent RRSP matching plan.

Cons

Can't think of many at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Nexonia Inc.2019-02-15

"Fantastic place to work!!"

Former Employee - Product Expert in Toronto, ON

I worked at Nexonia Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nexonia is a very friendly and amazing place to work at. The whole team made sure I felt welcome from the day i started work and helped a lot as I was new in town. Everyone I had worked/interacted with was very friendly,resourceful and always ready to help beyond expectation. The leadership team is a great example for others to follow in terms of interaction, access and guidance.

Cons

Cant think of any from my experience

Advice to Management

The friendly and approachable environment makes it a great place to work along with a fantastic workforce. Best of the talent deserves to be rewarded more often in my opinion.

Nexonia Inc.2019-01-10

"Great Company, Great Team"

I have been working at Nexonia Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Nexonia Team is a warm, friendly and hard-working bunch. I was made to feel at home from day 1. The SLT are demonstrably interested and invested in making sure that they are accessable to their employees and that their employees have the tools they need to thrive and grow within the company. Everyone I've worked with has been friendly and willing to help however they can. This is a team that works hard and... has fun doing it.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any.

Nexonia Inc.2018-09-20

"Layoffs in Montreal"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I worked at Nexonia Inc. full-time

Pros

Colleagues- We were a big family of tech professionals working together. Everyone of us was working for the company’s best interest.

Cons

Unstable company. Self-centric SLT. No vision. The big layoffs from Montreal were handled poorly. People treated without dignity and respect after they dedicated many extra hours to the company.

Nexonia Inc.2018-09-24

"A dark side of my life"

I worked at Nexonia Inc. full-time

Pros

The start was encouraging. A few smart and humble leaders along with a promising future. Short experience.

Cons

Regardless the extra hours, leaders would always have a way to show that the work we put in was not enough. That the software was collapsing because we were not structured enough. We were not good enough. The changes were stressful and we were afraid for our jobs. Being the only financial provider in my family I was very dedicated to my job. The lack of communication put my entire family under pressure. Because... leaders were promising too much, I did not look for a new job. My mistake. I should have done that and protect my loved ones from going through a though time.

Advice to Management

Act with maturité. I am a part of the layoffs. Because of them I suffered from depression for 6 months. I could have started a légal action against the company. My lawyer had many wonderful ideas to put me in a winning position but I preferred to focus on my future and not on this horrible company. A former colleague, who knows about my struggle, told me about the immature response from hr in regards to the... layoffs and I just want to wish only pleasant expériences to whom is writing these messages. I hope you’ll never have to struggle like I did and I hope next time you write a message, you will show more compassion. Don’t forget that you are humans working with humans for humans.

Nexonia Inc.2018-10-15