Newton Europe Lead Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Lead Consultant

5.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Huge focus on personal development, with excellent training opportunities (in 14 reviews)

• The work itself is diverse and you can get great responsibility early on by proving you can handle it (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Working away from home during the week; can be quite tough with longer hours when projects get busy (in 32 reviews)

• A lot of travel and at times need to put in some long hours (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great company, but can be long hours during the week. Great opportunity for advancement aged development."

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time

Pros

Great team work culture, fun events and a leadership team that's really interested in its people. Great training and development.

Cons

Long hours and does not pay as much as other consultancies for more senior role. Salaries are shown as packages which can be difficult to interpret.

2. "Interesting, rewarding work that really makes a difference and a fun company to work for"

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Variety and change as you do many projects across different sectors; challenging projects in a good way - always being stretched that little bit; morally rewarding work with public sector organisations making a real difference to the end users; good rewards package and great opportunities to develop professionally; strong focus on the social side of the company with lots of events to bring employees together; work expenses are all covered

Cons

"Genuinely awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Newton Europe (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with and for oustanding people
    Rapid career progression
    Challenging work with good variety
    Supportive & fun culture

Cons

Lots of time away from home - this can be managed to an extent, and Newton are flexible, but it's tough to do the job without being on-site. Expect to be away 4 nights a week on average

Advice to Management

Keep supporting people's development
    Maintain the entrepreneurial feel as we grow
    Keep the balance of sectors to make sure there is always variety of work
    Make sure salaries compete with those that compete for our people, not just those who compete with us for work

5. "Excellent personal development combined with exciting people"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Oxford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Oxford, England (UK)

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

During my career with Newton I've also been pushed to take on more responsibility and deliver better. This has helped me to grow incredibly quick and taught me skills I expected to have much later. The people are work with are excelling individuals who almost all have something driven, ambitious, and special about them. The fact that these are not just colleagues but mainly friends says enough.

Cons

The most difficult aspect of the job is the work-life balance: being away from home Mon-Fri is incredibly challenging and at times makes you feel like you're being lived rather than living yourself. Although the job is hard work, weekend work is an absolute no-no and evening work kept to a minimum.

Advice to Management

Newton is as good as we are because of the culture: make sure this is given full attention.

6. "Challenging and interesting work in a very dynamic environment"

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Too many to list in reality, but a few are; the people are amazing, the work is varied and most of all it's great fun. You never have two days the same, and the company really care about making it work. You can get involved in whatever you are interested in and are encouraged to start new things if you want to.

Cons

You work away from home, which doesn't suit everyone. Although we never work weekends and get good holidays it can be hard work during the week.