Netbuilder Employee Reviews about "pub"

Updated Oct 17, 2019

4.6
Netbuilder Director Daniel Gregg (no image)
Daniel Gregg
Pros
  • "Very generous in holding / orgainising social events(in 9 reviews)

• "Company paid for nights out at the local pub(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The training is unpaid but they make you very aware of this before you begin so it's just part of the job(in 10 reviews)

• "You must be geographically flexible thus may need to move around often(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "pub"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "NETbuilder, a company of broken promises"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Netbuilder full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get the cheapest perkbox package and a fair number of holidays. The people in the delivery centre are very friendly, often going to the pub for lunch on a Friday.

Cons

I was hired and had to assemble my workstation on my first day. I was then told to research a technology on my own for the next few weeks. I was given no formal training and was put on to a client facing role straight away. The company is archaic when it comes to employee benefits. No flexi time, no work from home policy, the cheapest band of Perkbox rewards and no bonuses. For a company that moved to trendy Brighton, it is very behind the times in this area. The company has absolutely no career development. No training is offered and no matter how hard you work, your hard work is not recognised. You are just another cog in the machine and you will feel like it. You will be underpaid for your role. You will not be paid overtime, no matter how necessary your work was. You will be given personal objectives tied to pay rises and promotions, you are expected to these in your own time as "you must be billing". I was always at 100% utilisation and never given anytime to work on my objectives during office hours. The sales department is an absolute farce with a complete inability to find new work. We were promised work holidays to France and Spain, both of which never happened. We were heavily pressured to pass an exam that required a minimum of 2 years’ experience. Of course, we were given no time at work to prepare for this exam. There is a massive disconnect between senior management and the work force. You can get glowing feedback from a partner or client and no positive feedback from the company at all. There is no sick pay unless you are off for more than 3 days at once, even then it’s statutory, if someone gets ill, they feel obligated to come into work, spreading the illness round the office like wildfire. This company expects everything and gives nothing in return.

Netbuilder2019-10-17
  2. "IT Consulting, Pool Table, Beer... what more do you want?!"

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Social time on a Friday is a great for getting to know everyone. -The company has great connections to other industry leaders. -The company provide accommodation during training. -Great company events which get everyone involved, Xmas Party, Pub Quiz, Welcome Drinks!!

Cons

-Providing for yourself during training can be an issue, unless you have savings.

Netbuilder2015-12-11
  3. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - DevOps Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Company paid for nights out at the local pub - Company paid for holiday after a year's work - Pool League tournaments and mandatory Friday social time - Great opportunities for jobs anywhere in the country - Great banter with colleagues and trainers - Great training in multiple niche technologies - Friendly office environment - Office Charity Events - Cake Bake Off - Give Graduates a chance for a decent job early on

Cons

- Lack of internet at the Riverside Apartments - Lack of internet bandwidth at the office - More notice/communication about moving for placements would be appriecated

Netbuilder2015-09-29

Netbuilder Response

November 24, 2015Marketing Officer

Hi, its great to see listed all the things you have enjoyed. We are hoping to have many more out of hours activities in 2016. We always take into account the cons to and appreciate you bringing them up to us. We will look into this. Thanks.

4. "NETbuilder Consultant trainee"

5.0

I have been working at Netbuilder part-time

Pros

Work atmosphere is excellent Social activities are a key part (pub, pool competitions etc.) You meet some fantastic people Located in MediaCityUK Live in paid for accommodation 10 minutes from work, 2 minutes from the pub, 2 minutes from the nearest supermarket Starting salary is competitive Prospects are limitless Work is challenging

Cons

Work load can at times be stressful Training is unpaid

Netbuilder2015-07-15
  5. "Pega Consultant"

Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder

Pros

Get full training in high demand technologies. Spacious Offices in heart of Media City During Training Period, provided accommodation in luxury apartments Get placed on site at prestigious clients. Lot of company events like dinners, pub quizzes, football matches etc. Chance to gain certifications and qualifications in industry leading technologies

Cons

Training period is hard work and requires a lot of effort both in and outside of work hours. Geographical Flexibility is a must. If you aren't willing to move around the country, don't even show up to the interview. While Netbuilder will try and put you in a region if you have a preference, it's no guarantee, and you will be expected to go where you're sent. Plans can change rapidly, and you may find yourself having to arrange things on short notice, but again, Netbuilder will usually show consideration.

Netbuilder2015-04-23
  6. "Great Opportunity To Begin Your Career in IT"

5.0

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time

Pros

- Improve Technical Skills - Improve Business / Professional Skills - Improve Social / Networking Skills After the training course you will not only gain experience in a new technology (possible gain industry acknowledged certification) but also gain insight into the business analysis skills needed to be an IT Consultant. You are provided with a nice apartment to stay in while you’re training less than 10 minute walk away from the academy office in the Heart of Media City. (Wi-Fi, Washer/Dryer, Dish Washer, Electric Cooker, Microwave, Fridge/Freezer… Everything you need really…) There are many out of work activities and events to get to know your colleagues: pub visits, quiz nights, pool competitions, football matches, etc.

Cons

Training can be quite intense but is definitely manageable The technology you go into is based on what is available so you do need to keep an open mind

Netbuilder2015-04-17
  7. "Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

Initial training course is very useful making sure that the employee is confident not only in IT industry, but Business environment as well. Lots of out of working activities keep everybody involved: we have quiz nights, pool competitions, random pub visits, football matches, etc. Lots of work involved from the trainers to make sure we get all the information, we constantly have tests and catch up sessions. For niche technologies, we all get industry acknowledged certifications after passing the exam. Apartments available whilst you are training are very high standard in the Heart of Media City. Great networking opportunities with consultants based with many different clients.

Cons

Very intense training, however everything is possible if you put your heart to it. More information should be provided of what's happening in the company besides the academy.

Netbuilder2015-04-13

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews