Netbuilder Employee Reviews about "geographically flexible"

Updated Jan 22, 2016

4.6
Netbuilder Director Daniel Gregg (no image)
Daniel Gregg
Pros
  • "Very generous in holding / orgainising social events(in 9 reviews)

• "Company paid for nights out at the local pub(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The training is unpaid but they make you very aware of this before you begin so it's just part of the job(in 10 reviews)

• "You must be geographically flexible thus may need to move around often(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "geographically flexible"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best career decision I made so far"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) Excellent training staff and facilities - I have learned more about the tech world in my first month here than I did at university 2) Excellent social culture at the office - There is a pool table in the break area, company social time on Friday afternoon with free beer, and numerous after work events in and around the offices 3) Fantastic opportunities - I am being trained to work in development at an established company in London, picking up training in new technologies and certifications that can go on my CV

Cons

I had to be geographically flexible as they will place you as and when positions become available (I was placed after 2 weeks)

Netbuilder2016-01-22

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Gateway Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good working atmosphere with a focus on teamwork and self improvement. Good balance between work and play. Pool table in lounge. Regular social activities. Training in leading technologies.

Cons

Need geographical flexibility and no choice in the technology you train in, this wasn't a problem for me but for some it may be a problem.

Netbuilder2015-06-25

"Nothing easy is worth having"

I worked at Netbuilder full-time

Pros

I started at Netbuilder with just 3 hours of code academy javascript under my belt and within seven months I was a mid-level data engineer/helping with data architect tasks at a household name insurance website. I have since left to become data team lead at world leading ed-tech company, all within a year of my initial interview. This journey wouldn't have been possible without Netbuilder's help, training, support and contacts. All the people who are in the Academy, both as trainers and trainees, are lovely and provide you with the basis of a professional network to call upon when you face technical or professional problems or just fancy some old friends to talk to at industry events. Netbuilder's sales staff are magic workers, who have an outstanding record of getting consultants with limited experience and escalating knowledge into placements that they otherwise wouldn't have had a chance of getting on their own.

Cons

Unlike school or uni, Netbuilder academy will not spoon-feed you the information and training because Netbuilder's clients won't either, if you don't know how to do something look it up or cozy up to the people who do. This might feel uncomfortable for some, but will make you into a resourceful and adaptable consultant throughout your future career. You do have to be very geographically flexible and sometime have to move across the country at very short notice (<1 week) with no relocation package or expenses if you want to commute. Pay is lower than some other big consultancies would start you on, however it is stable and more than you would get on rentacoder.com or other such freelance sites if you were to teach yourself and try to build a career in IT on your own.

Netbuilder2015-05-21

"Great Place to Train and Work"

Current Employee - Pega Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training is very good and you can be taught in a range of different technologies that will allow you to go onto a client site and show off your skills. Once you start the training scheme you are instantly thrown into different situations that may occur when you are out there working, they give you training into the business side of things helping you to understand some certain business aspects you may need to know when going into a working environment.

Cons

You must be geographically flexible and while this wasn't a problem for me I realise that other people might not feel the same way. Fast paced training, which might be difficult for some people to keep up but putting in the extra effort and hard is worth it.

Netbuilder2015-05-14

"Good balance of work and play"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

The community is fantastic. Social activities are very common. Accommodation is great, in the Heart (literally) of MediaCityUK. Their teaching approach is different to most but works very well.

Cons

You must be geographically flexible throughout the UK which means you're likely to move around quite a bit. You don't get much choice when it comes to choosing which technology you want to specialize in.

Netbuilder2015-05-11
  6. "Pega Consultant"

Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder

Pros

Get full training in high demand technologies. Spacious Offices in heart of Media City During Training Period, provided accommodation in luxury apartments Get placed on site at prestigious clients. Lot of company events like dinners, pub quizzes, football matches etc. Chance to gain certifications and qualifications in industry leading technologies

Cons

Training period is hard work and requires a lot of effort both in and outside of work hours. Geographical Flexibility is a must. If you aren't willing to move around the country, don't even show up to the interview. While Netbuilder will try and put you in a region if you have a preference, it's no guarantee, and you will be expected to go where you're sent. Plans can change rapidly, and you may find yourself having to arrange things on short notice, but again, Netbuilder will usually show consideration.

Netbuilder2015-04-23
  7. "Great Experience"

Gateway Consultant

I have been working at Netbuilder

Pros

The Academy: Amazing facilities (Office, Accommodation & Location) Great Social Events Good Course Structure Excellent standard and delivery of content Training staff are extremely helpful Friendly and professional atmosphere Both Challenging and Rewarding Industry level training for junior developers in various technologies Industry level recognized certifications/qualifications paid for by the company

Cons

Must be geographically flexible Putting in extra work is beneficial in the long run Not a lot of choice in which technologies you are trained in, it varies depending on what the business needs so be prepared for training in what ever the business needs. Training can sometimes feel rushed

Netbuilder2015-04-23

"Flown from USA to train for 3 months at the Worthing, UK office. Now working as a consultant back in USA."

Current Employee - Gateway Consultant in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Great way to get your foot in the door in the IT industry * The culture of the company feels very young and fun, but also professional * Hard work and determination always gets noticed and will get you far * The training offered is applicable in many different areas of IT and Business * Trainers make an effort to get to know each trainee's personality and strengths/weaknesses * If you're American, you will probably get to go to England, which is just bloody brilliant mate

Cons

* Decisions are made very quickly * You may be trained in a specialization that is so new that it doesn't have a trainer or much material to learn from * Must be geographically flexible * It can feel like you have no control of your own fate, which is a con for life in general

Netbuilder2015-04-01
  9. "Great Company. Truely cares about staff needs."

Current Employee - Gateway Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time

Pros

- During the initial training period, high quality apartment are provided free of charge in the heart of media city. - NETbuilder have partnered with many of the leading technology providers in the market. - Staff are treated very well and are given excellent opportunities to become true experts in highly sought after technologies. - NETbuilder have a really friendly atmosphere; a variety of fun events are often organised outside of office hours such as Pool tournaments, Football matches, quiz nights ect. - Staff are very quickly place on site with one of NETbuilder's partners - Very down to Earth but professional management team.

Cons

- People are often placed with partners on site quickly and it can be difficult to get to know people for longer than a few months. - You must be geographically flexible thus may need to move around often.

Netbuilder2015-04-10

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews