NetMotion Reviews

NetMotion Chief Executive Officer Christopher Kenessey
Christopher Kenessey
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee

Must be extremely technical, company needs stronger direction

Oct 15, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful location with access to food and sights within walking distance Good pay and benefits Some fun perks

Cons

At the time, hiring was uncommon so the interview process was flawed and resulted in inappropriate hires. Company needed a direction Layout and vibe made it so there was people I'd never met after a year, when it wasn't a big enough company to justify that

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great product, mixed bag for a working environment

Jul 14, 2010 -  in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great technology, exceptional product in terms of quality and usefulness; outstanding people: smart and great to work with. Flexibility for working hours.

Cons

Constant struggle as a small company to succeed quarter to quarter despite great product; frequent direction changes; always fighting fires, often as a result of attempts to take shortcuts in staffing or development time.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Out of date product, out of date leadership

Jun 23, 2018 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard to find many pros with NetMotion. Existing customer base creates continued busy work, however a lack of need in any “new” products means that there is no additional revenue coming from them. Sales numbers are stagnant, and really unimpressive for a company of this age. For the few people who have stayed (there has been a mass exodus as of late, and many who have stayed are desperate to leave as soon as they can) there is comraderie amongst some, despite the strong “inner circle” of many employees who have a history together from a former employer.

Cons

Flat or declining sales revenue. No product innovation (new “platform” is just a repackaging of old, stale software- zero interest from large customers) Complete lack of leadership in sales... management by fear and belittlement has never been effective.... badmouthing former employees creates a hostile environment. Quarter after quarter, sales only makes their number because one rep “blows it out” or is able to get a large ELA done- smoke in mirrors... there has yet to be a quarter with more than 50% of sales making their number. Sales leadership only cares about 2 or 3 RSM’s, and has no ability to coach train or develop his team. Zero plan for how to help team grow and achieve.

13 people found this review helpful

NetMotion Response

HR Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As a current employee, I encourage you to connect with your Sales leadership or me to discuss your concerns. Because some of our customers span public safety, utilities, and healthcare, we take our support – which can be seen in our NPS scores – and our product roadmap very seriously. Our focus is to deliver solutions that matter, and that make a real impact on current and future customers. By putting our hearts into our work every day, we’re afforded the stability we have now. We’ve also increased revenue quarter over quarter—and just had a record quarter—through the features added to existing products, and our new operational intelligence platform launched in June. In regards to NetMotion hiring from our network, referrals from employees are always appreciated. Some of our success comes from those who are a part of our culture who refer people that can add to it. All of the examples we have regarding our internal promotions speak to our efforts to recruit the right people, train, and coach them up; it’s one of the best aspects about being a part of NetMotion. We’d love the opportunity to speak with you. Please reach out to me or someone on your management team for a conversation. –Christina Balam, Director of HR.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great product, smart people, uncertain future

Jul 31, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The development team is awesome and knows their stuff. Pretty much everyone is great to work with. The company is supportive of working flexible hours as needed. And Mobility is a great product with a loyal customer base.

Cons

They haven't found a good path for growth and as a result there are morale problems. Recent ownership and management changes are not helping, at least not yet.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

New Management is clueless

Jul 1, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant software engineers and great benefits for a company of this size. Folks in QA, Lab and Engineering seem optimistic and generally satisfied with their jobs.

Cons

Very low morale throughout Operations (Sales, Finance, Marketing, IT) with unknown future ahead.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fomerly great company, now just good

May 20, 2015 - Technical Support Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment. Everyone is a "people" person from top to bottom. John Ferron (CEO) is awesome.

Cons

There has been so much change on the Executive team that it creates an uneasiness.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Profitable niche company that sometimes could use better leadership.

Aug 12, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty stable Projects use a version of Scrum Playing in the the mobile equipment space Great group of people on the Engineering side

Cons

QA now reports up the development management chain New ownership has very aggressive goals Second product has yet to prove viable in marketplace

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company with a solid product that customers love.

Aug 15, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid product that customers love and an outstanding customer satisfaction rating.

Cons

The company has gone through some upper management changes and does not have the same culture, and long-time good employees have started to leave.

9. 2.0

Great company !

Sep 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome small office with great people, software sales itself if you are a good a sales person !

Cons

Training could be improved and setting up company cards for travel is a good option for heavy travellers. Nothing really bad to say

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Company with compelling product but lack of vision

Jan 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is located in a very trendy neighborhood and is around other innovative hub in the Seattle area.

Cons

Company has limited runway in growth due to the concentrated area of focus in limited industries.

2 people found this review helpful