NetBrain Technologies "growing company" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

NetBrain Technologies Employee Reviews about "growing company"

Updated Dec 5, 2019

3.2
NetBrain Technologies Chairman and CEO Lingping Gao
Lingping Gao
Pros
  • "There is free lunch provided to the company every Friday(in 22 reviews)

• "Everything is state of the art, and they give free lunch on Fridays(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Same problems you will see in every growing company(in 9 reviews)

• "We are experiencing growing pains, but that's to be expected in a company that sees positive growth year over year(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "growing company"

Return to all Reviews

"Good technology company"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

The new version of the product is very stable and provides 10 times ROI to the customer than before. Many customers bought the software for mapping. They are delighted to find out the value of the new version software is so much more than just mapping. The software arms all IT engineers with network automation and helps them resolve tickets much faster.

Cons

Same problems you will see in every growing company.

NetBrain Technologies2019-12-05

January 23, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback. We're incredibly proud of the work our R&D team has done for years to make our product the industry leader in automation that it is today. We've got truly great people here. In addition to having a great product, we're proud of our culture and the people that make that possible. Thanks again for your valuable feedback!

Continue reading

"Could be a good company but not with current leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The product could be great and some of the people here are talented. Free lunch on Fridays. Company could be a big player if they just had the right leadership in place. If you’re a mediocre worker, fall in line and do what you’re told (not questioning management) and have no desires for professional or intellectual growth then you’ll succeed here.

Cons

The CEO talks about going IPO all the time but it isn’t even close. It is not a growing company, it just hires a lot of people to look like it is. Sales is suffering and morale in all of the internal teams is even lower. Each team has its issues: Pre-Sales: This engineering team does all of the work to get a deal done from a technical and sales side, and two of its best just left. Sales: Poor leadership and glorified sales managers, whine and complain, don’t know how to sell and fudge forecast numbers to make them look better than they really are. Customer Support: Horrible history with negative customer satisfaction and close support tickets prior to actually working on them to get metrics. Sales Ops: Runs reports from Salesforce that the Sales team should be required to do themselves and manually creates quotes causing delays. No one knows what else this team does because if anyone asks them to do something that a normal sales ops or sales admin team would do they just stare at you. Services: NetBrain is so desperate and has such poor customer satisfaction that they need to force customers to buy services so that the product can be implemented properly. HR: They’re just kinda there. I feel bad they have to deal with this mess everyday. Legal: They refuse to help do any sales support work and constantly roll their eyes when they’re asked to help any team if it doesn’t sound like something that a legal team would normally do. Finance: Difficult to work with. Negative attitudes and always too busy to take care of responsibilities which are theirs but want others to do. Product Development: The product always breaks and has issues customers wants fixed delaying sales. Just make a better product rather than having to reassign all of development to customer support to fix mistakes in the new release. Marketing: Their efforts bring in no business or value, they don’t work with sales and get a solid message out to the public. You’ll notice a consistent theme looking at the existing glassdoor reviews because this company doesn’t change and the same issues that existed a couple years ago exist now. The company’s CEO fails to evolve and learn from his mistakes and can’t “lower” himself to allow other people who are qualified to lead make decisions and guide the company to where it should be. Save yourself from professional suicide and find a job at a better company, and stear as clear from NetBrain as you can. Those that have joined since this time last year have either left, been fired, or are looking to leave because they almost instantly regret joining and wish they could have stayed where they were or taken a job elsewhere.

NetBrain Technologies2019-10-31

"Fast growing high energy company that values employees and new ideas."

Current Employee - Customer Support in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is growing. The energy is high. The people are friendly. Customers are intellectual and excited. There is so much to learn. The benefits are high-average and free lunches on fridays are excellent! There is a nice onboarding program where each group of new hires have several 20 min meet and greets with the VPs for a department presentation. It's a nice way to understand the company goals and get to know the people in leadership personally.

Cons

As a new employee, I'm not seeing what other previous negative reviews are reporting. With any fast growing company, one has to be willing to change, adapt, go with the flow and sometimes work a little harder. Flexibility and open communication is key.

NetBrain Technologies2017-07-21

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies

Pros

I've been here for more than 2 years, and I am very happy to work in NetBrain. The culture over here is really collaborative. Everyone is willing to help you if you ask for it.

Cons

The company is growing really fast, so there are some growth pains here (which is common for fast-growing company).

NetBrain Technologies2016-10-14

December 6, 2016Global Head of HR

A belated thank you for your response. We have a great market opportunity - and most importantly great people and a unique culture that continues to evolve. Its great to hear your comments. Very much appreciated.

Continue reading

"A very good place to work"

in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies

Pros

I've been here for a year and a half, and I am very pleased to have joined NetBrain. The corporate culture is one that values the employees and their input. NetBrain is defining a new space in the network software industry, and the solutions are not all obvious, so it is a "bring your brain" to work type of place. Very pleasant office space, complete with standing desks. Individuals generally are given their goals and are left to use their experience and intelligence to solve the problem. It is a "self starter" environment.

Cons

As a growing company, there are bumps in the road, as might be expected. Not everything flows smoothly, but you should treat that as an opportunity to define new processes.

NetBrain Technologies2016-03-25

April 8, 2016Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for your review. You hit the nail on the head when saying you should treat bumps as an opportunity to define process. Please communicate any ideas you have, feedback is always welcome.

"Awesome Cutting-edge Technologies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

People in company are all very friendly and helpful. The development and requirement team always like to combine the most current and high-level knowledge with industrial demand . If you are looking for an opportunity to transfer cutting-edge theory or technology into a real awesome production, this is definitely your dream company.

Cons

company is growing fast, sometime you need to find a way to juggle the demands of your job and the rest of your life.

NetBrain Technologies2015-04-15

April 17, 2015Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for writing. We will do our best to move the culture needle forward.

Continue reading

"Fast growing company with a healthy culture"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

NetBrain is a fast growing company with very innovative product. It has a very friendly and collaborative culture. People here are trustworthy and hardworking. Being in a start up, you won't expect to get a 9-5 job, but you spend every minute working with like-minded people to build some really cool stuff rather than fighting politics.

Cons

As a small but growing company, it is going through some growing pain while the company matures

NetBrain Technologies2013-09-26

"Great company with lots of potential"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative product that automates many tedious tasks and empower network engineers with accurate knowledge of their constant changing network. Lunch and Learn sessions to provide internal training across the company. Free lunch every Friday. NetBrain is a fast growing company and offers opportunities to work on different projects based on interest and talent of employees.

Cons

Since NetBrain is a fast growing company, sometimes some standards/policies are not well established yet.

NetBrain Technologies2013-09-17

"Unprofessional workplace, unfair expectations"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies

Pros

Colleagues are pleasant, a talented group

Cons

NetBrain is a "learn as you go environment" where your job responsibilities may change on a day to day basis and communication is very poor, as you will not necessarily be told that your responsibilities or job expectations have shifted which makes it challenging to perform. This is a small but growing company with some very unstable practices, and with some lack of professionalism within leadership.

NetBrain Technologies2012-05-30

July 11, 2019Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the time you took to write this review. Feedback such as this is valuable as we continue to make necessary improvements to our population and culture. WE are a much bigger and better place now and always seeking to implement best practices into our processes. With every company with as much growth as we are experiencing, there are bumps in the road and we feel this is healthy and we are surpassing our goals and targets. Nevertheless, we appreciate your comments and value your advice and wish you the best of luck with your next role.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews