Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews

Updated Mar 5, 2021

4.3
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Nina Leigh Krueger
Nina Leigh Krueger
Pros
  • "This is a excellent place for work life balance - 4 day work week- AMAZING(in 271 reviews)

• "There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St(in 123 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Here to stay!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong business, strong culture, teamwork oriented

Cons

Somewhat set in old ways of working, but getting better in this space

March 4, 2021Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on 10+ years of dedication to Nestlé Purina! Our "strong culture" is one of the most unique characteristics about us, and we're pleased to hear you find it to be one of our greatest qualities. We wouldn't be who we are today without the dedication of our employees, like you, and we can't thank you enough! As we continue to grow, and obtain feedback from our employees, changes can occur. However, please know that every change we put into place is done so with our employees top of mind. Again, thank you and congratulations on 10+ years!

2. "Great workplace!"

Current Employee - Supply Planner in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities for growth, cross functional collaboration

Cons

Work life balance work ownership

January 25, 2021Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! The cross-function collaboration we experience and promote at Purina is unique, and we're pleased to hear you find value in this. We encourage our employees to look at their careers as a rock wall vs. a mountain, gaining as much knowledge as possible in each position they hold with us. Working cross-functionally is one of the many ways this is obtainable. We know work-life balance can be difficult, but our hope is you can use the generous PTO offered to take the time off you need to recharge before returning to work. Know that this feedback is helpful to us and allows us to make valuable decisions and changes with our employees top of mind. Again, thank you for your feedback!

3. "Horrible place to work"

1.0
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

there was nothing positive about working there

Cons

there is a tone people that don't do anything and hide behind their computers

March 2, 2021Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on your experience in Ontario. We want our employees, current and former, to feel valued at work and feel accomplished each day. Our hope is, during your time spent with us, you were able to feel those two things. Our Five Talls are represented in everything we do. We believe in a culture of integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation. We strive to take on new challenges while setting the bar higher, however it seems this may not have been the culture you witnessed during your time spent with us. If you’d like to further discuss your feedback, do not hesitate to reach out to us at careers@purina.nestle.com, so we can further understand your concerns. Thank you — Sara, Director Human Resources

4. "Growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good leaders to work with and overall working environment is good (safety first)

Cons

No cons I can think of.

5. "Great Place To Work, Limited Opportunities"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Management is great and wants to set you up for success - Collaborative people - Focused on healthy work life balace - Pays well

Cons

- Small office, hard to move up if no positions are available

"Great experience for the first 13 years. Then downward spiral and poor moral."

2.0
    Former Employee - Category Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Bring dog to work. Good benefits and relatively ok compensation.

Cons

Wrong people promoted. No appreciation for hard working dedicated employees. Must kiss butt to get ahead.

October 16, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback as a Category Manager—I appreciate your perspective. Pets at work is one of my favorite perks, too, but you mention some significant concerns I’d like to address. As an organization, we train our leaders to enable their teams rather than some of the management styles you mention. I’m surprised and disappointed you still saw this in action. It sounds like we might have some room for improvement in the recognition department, too. Finally, know that involuntary turnover is never the outcome either party wants and only occurs in dire circumstances. I wish you well & value your feedback. Thank you! —Scott, Director HR Strategy-Commercial

7. "Good company"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Growth opportunities. Young team. I enjoy working here

Cons

Kind of old fashioned. None more I can think of

May 1, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your role in Finance. We’re happy to hear you enjoy your role day to day and recognize the growth opportunities available to you. With our rich history, it’s easy to fall on old habits or ways of thinking. Challenge this behavior and contribute new thoughts when they arise—this behavior will not only renew our way of thinking but also contribute to innovation, one of our 5 “Talls”. Thanks, again!

8. "Retiring HR Director"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Nestle Purina PetCare offers challenging, engaging opportunities to those that are willing to step out and try things that may be a bit out of their comfort zone. Supportive environment with great people. Opportunities to try new things, to get involved in a positive way and make a difference.

Cons

No cons, great company with great values.

March 13, 2018Human Resources

Thank you – not only for your feedback, but for your years of service to the organization. It sounds like you had a challenging and rewarding career. Your comments on the impact change makes in our factory locations is a great point – we’ll continue to be transparent in our communication with all associates, particularly in our factory locations. Thank you, again, for your continued dedication to helping us grow and improve!

"manager"

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

good work life balance - half day friday for 6 mos of year

Cons

subtle politics. people aren't direct with thoughts or opinions. doesn't pay well

March 6, 2017Human Resources

We're sorry you're no longer with the company, but thank you for the time you had put in - and for your candid feedback here on Glassdoor. We wish you the best of luck continuing forward in your career.

"Great Company but changing times...."

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. for more than 8 years

Pros

Good culture....people friendly and pet friendly work place

Cons

Culture is changing as company is choosing to hire people from outside who really dont fit in the company's "family oriented" culture. These employees from other companies tend to do things their own way and do not integrate with existing Purina folks.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,391 English Reviews