Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2020

4.2
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Joseph R. Sivewright
Joseph R. Sivewright
Pros
  • "High level of importance placed on work / life balance(in 262 reviews)

• "There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St(in 120 reviews)

Cons
  • "Days can be long but there is support to find work life balance(in 92 reviews)

• "Long hours sometimes they can force you to stay extra hours to cover(in 22 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"My Pride Has Amplified"

Current Employee - Human Resources Vice President

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Purina Cares about Pets and People! I've always been proud of my role in the Purina family, but this pride has amplified as I've witnessed the care and compassion for our employees, our communities, and the pets we provide products for, in light of the current worldwide pandemic. For our employees, we are guaranteeing pay, and for those on our front lines we are also providing bonuses, meals, and enhanced safety and cleaning measures to protect them. We are also giving generously to the communities in which we live and work to ensure that small businesses are supported, pets are fed, and our community neighbors continue to thrive. Purina truly walks the talk, and I couldn't be prouder!

Cons

Being part of a global company can sometimes add complexity and red tape to an environment that would otherwise be quite agile.

April 8, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your pride. We’re facing uncertain times but we’re facing them together. Ensuring our employees well-being begins with their safety at work but if there more we can do, assisting them financially or even just removing the burden of packing a lunch – we’re honored to do it for those ensuring our quality products during such a difficult time. We appreciate your feedback and advice. Thank you!

2. "Great Place To Work, Limited Opportunities"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Management is great and wants to set you up for success - Collaborative people - Focused on healthy work life balace - Pays well

Cons

- Small office, hard to move up if no positions are available

"Great experience for the first 13 years. Then downward spiral and poor moral."

2.0
    Former Employee - Category Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Bring dog to work. Good benefits and relatively ok compensation.

Cons

Wrong people promoted. No appreciation for hard working dedicated employees. Must kiss butt to get ahead.

October 16, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback as a Category Manager—I appreciate your perspective. Pets at work is one of my favorite perks, too, but you mention some significant concerns I’d like to address. As an organization, we train our leaders to enable their teams rather than some of the management styles you mention. I’m surprised and disappointed you still saw this in action. It sounds like we might have some room for improvement in the recognition department, too. Finally, know that involuntary turnover is never the outcome either party wants and only occurs in dire circumstances. I wish you well & value your feedback. Thank you! —Scott, Director HR Strategy-Commercial

4. "Good company"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Growth opportunities. Young team. I enjoy working here

Cons

Kind of old fashioned. None more I can think of

May 1, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your role in Finance. We’re happy to hear you enjoy your role day to day and recognize the growth opportunities available to you. With our rich history, it’s easy to fall on old habits or ways of thinking. Challenge this behavior and contribute new thoughts when they arise—this behavior will not only renew our way of thinking but also contribute to innovation, one of our 5 “Talls”. Thanks, again!

5. "Retiring HR Director"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Nestle Purina PetCare offers challenging, engaging opportunities to those that are willing to step out and try things that may be a bit out of their comfort zone. Supportive environment with great people. Opportunities to try new things, to get involved in a positive way and make a difference.

Cons

No cons, great company with great values.

March 13, 2018Human Resources

Thank you – not only for your feedback, but for your years of service to the organization. It sounds like you had a challenging and rewarding career. Your comments on the impact change makes in our factory locations is a great point – we’ll continue to be transparent in our communication with all associates, particularly in our factory locations. Thank you, again, for your continued dedication to helping us grow and improve!

"manager"

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

good work life balance - half day friday for 6 mos of year

Cons

subtle politics. people aren't direct with thoughts or opinions. doesn't pay well

March 6, 2017Human Resources

We're sorry you're no longer with the company, but thank you for the time you had put in - and for your candid feedback here on Glassdoor. We wish you the best of luck continuing forward in your career.

"Great Company but changing times...."

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. for more than 8 years

Pros

Good culture....people friendly and pet friendly work place

Cons

Culture is changing as company is choosing to hire people from outside who really dont fit in the company's "family oriented" culture. These employees from other companies tend to do things their own way and do not integrate with existing Purina folks.

Continue reading
  8. "Average Corporate Environment with Fun Opportunities on Paper"

4.0

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S.

Pros

Fun Team Environment with opportunity to bring pet dog in

Cons

Leadership could be better at hiring lower level management

9. "The workplace"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S.

Pros

Great place to work and you get to bring your dogs to the office. Great work culture.

Cons

salaries may be better elsewhere

10. "Good company"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Industry leader and very ethical

Cons

A little slow to repond to industry trends

Found 1229 reviews