Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews

Found 1,536 of over 1,677 reviews

4.0
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Nina Leigh Krueger
Nina Leigh Krueger
Pros
  • "This is a excellent place for work life balance - 4 day work week- AMAZING(in 271 reviews)

• "There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St(in 123 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance work ownership(in 99 reviews)

• "Long hours, back stabbers, poor leadershkl(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Here to stay!

Mar 2, 2021 - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong business, strong culture, teamwork oriented

Cons

Somewhat set in old ways of working, but getting better in this space

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on 10+ years of dedication to Nestlé Purina! Our "strong culture" is one of the most unique characteristics about us, and we're pleased to hear you find it to be one of our greatest qualities. We wouldn't be who we are today without the dedication of our employees, like you, and we can't thank you enough! As we continue to grow, and obtain feedback from our employees, changes can occur. However, please know that every change we put into place is done so with our employees top of mind. Again, thank you and congratulations on 10+ years!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great workplace!

Jan 14, 2021 - Supply Planner in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for growth, cross functional collaboration

Cons

Work life balance work ownership

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! The cross-function collaboration we experience and promote at Purina is unique, and we're pleased to hear you find value in this. We encourage our employees to look at their careers as a rock wall vs. a mountain, gaining as much knowledge as possible in each position they hold with us. Working cross-functionally is one of the many ways this is obtainable. We know work-life balance can be difficult, but our hope is you can use the generous PTO offered to take the time off you need to recharge before returning to work. Know that this feedback is helpful to us and allows us to make valuable decisions and changes with our employees top of mind. Again, thank you for your feedback!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good & bad

Mar 17, 2021 - Shopper Marketing Manager in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of internal movement opportunities Development role opportunities to grow skill set Collaborative team

Cons

Very political Old boys club mentality still exists

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Horrible place to work

Feb 16, 2021 - Office Manager in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

there was nothing positive about working there

Cons

there is a tone people that don't do anything and hide behind their computers

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on your experience in Ontario. We want our employees, current and former, to feel valued at work and feel accomplished each day. Our hope is, during your time spent with us, you were able to feel those two things. Our Five Talls are represented in everything we do. We believe in a culture of integrity, passion, expertise, performance and innovation. We strive to take on new challenges while setting the bar higher, however it seems this may not have been the culture you witnessed during your time spent with us. If you’d like to further discuss your feedback, do not hesitate to reach out to us at careers@purina.nestle.com, so we can further understand your concerns. Thank you — Sara, Director Human Resources

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growth opportunities

Sep 13, 2020 - Operations Supervisor in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good leaders to work with and overall working environment is good (safety first)

Cons

No cons I can think of.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place To Work, Limited Opportunities

Dec 4, 2019 - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Management is great and wants to set you up for success - Collaborative people - Focused on healthy work life balace - Pays well

Cons

- Small office, hard to move up if no positions are available

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great experience for the first 13 years. Then downward spiral and poor moral.

Oct 11, 2019 - Category Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bring dog to work. Good benefits and relatively ok compensation.

Cons

Wrong people promoted. No appreciation for hard working dedicated employees. Must kiss butt to get ahead.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback as a Category Manager—I appreciate your perspective. Pets at work is one of my favorite perks, too, but you mention some significant concerns I’d like to address. As an organization, we train our leaders to enable their teams rather than some of the management styles you mention. I’m surprised and disappointed you still saw this in action. It sounds like we might have some room for improvement in the recognition department, too. Finally, know that involuntary turnover is never the outcome either party wants and only occurs in dire circumstances. I wish you well & value your feedback. Thank you! —Scott, Director HR Strategy-Commercial

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company

Apr 29, 2019 - Senior Financial Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities. Young team. I enjoy working here

Cons

Kind of old fashioned. None more I can think of

Human Resources

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your role in Finance. We’re happy to hear you enjoy your role day to day and recognize the growth opportunities available to you. With our rich history, it’s easy to fall on old habits or ways of thinking. Challenge this behavior and contribute new thoughts when they arise—this behavior will not only renew our way of thinking but also contribute to innovation, one of our 5 “Talls”. Thanks, again!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Overall, it is a great company to work for, but be prepared to work!

Oct 29, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Canadian management team is supportive, fair pay, and the company recognizes innovation and supports community work. Great pet friendly corporate culture!

Cons

The company promotes work life balance but there is an unspoken expectation that you work until the work is done. However, the work it is never done. Tasks take longer because of outdated systems, processes and hardware. Lots of time spent doing administrative work which takes away from achieving corporate goals, yet expectations to reach corporate goals remain high which leads to stress.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Marketing at Purina Canada

Aug 29, 2013 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent working conditions, nice offices, flexible hours, good access to support resources such a external agencies. Excellent employee benefits including the ability to bring your dog to work, company store, training.

Cons

New blood needs to be brought into the company, senior management has been there for 20+ years. Some policies and procedures are outdated, new best practices could be implemented.

1 person found this review helpful