National Debit Card Network Reviews

Updated Dec 19, 2016

Found 23 of over 28 reviews

2.9
National Debit Card Network CEO Jon Levitt (no image)
Jon Levitt
  1. 1.0

Fake and full of lies.

Aug 1, 2015 - Contractor in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Never had such a bad experience working with a company as i had with this one. They work for Global payments but say that they have their own network. Liar's.

Cons

The worst experience of my life in the worst company ever. Forced appointment. People say no when you arrive.

13 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

How low can you get?

Dec 12, 2013 - Account Manager in Ottawa, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very aggressive on the market Excellent training Most lead are genuine

Cons

No consistent pricing policy. Shady commerce practice.

15 people found this review helpful

VP Marketing

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you found our training to be quite useful and the appointments that you received solid. We strive hard to make sure that all leads are prequalified and preset. Since each merchant’s needs are different, we have several different pricing structures and utilize that one that represents the best savings to the merchant. After all, there is no one-price-fits-all strategy. As far as a “real” office, we have three offices with a combined 250+ employees (not counting our independent sales representatives). As far as credibility, we were founded 15 years ago and have serviced the needs of over 100,000 merchants. We were even ranked by Inc. Magazine as one of the fasted growing companies two years in a row. We are sorry that you did not enjoy the success as many of our outside representatives but wish you luck in future endeavors.

3. The latest conversations about Finance

83 Comments

Finance

7.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=National Debit Card Network~506606
    Join the conversation on
  4. 1.0

Not Good

Dec 19, 2016 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Was hired by VOLT Payments, then found out I was working for National Debit Card Network...bait and switch. Very little training and provided appointments never happened. Spent money on business cards and 6 hours in training with nothing to show for it. Do your research on these guys and their other business connections. Be smarter than I was and look elsewhere for employment.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee

The whole system is so unprofessional

Nov 19, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get about 10.50 a hour

Cons

You will get yelled at and threatened with the lost of your employment if you don't meet quota. The supervisors are so unprofessional . And it's not a happy place to work at all. This place is always hiring because people are always quitting

VP Marketing

Thank you for your review. As many people know, working in a call center is not everyone’s cup of tea. We have many agents in that location who have enjoyed a long tenure and successful career. We have made some recent management changes in that particular regional call center. Good luck in your future career.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good salary, generous commissions, reliable residual income

Sep 2, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Salary, generous residuals, reliable residual income. Safe and ethical work environment. Good 401K, benefits and discounts. Encouragement for growth and mentoring

Cons

without salary, your commissions are up to you. You choose how big your bonus/ commission/ residual income figure is

Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Regional Sales Executive

Sep 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Income Potential at this company, with the life time residual and upfront paid commissions its easy to grow financially quick. Also hours are great , M-F from 9-5. The 3-5 warm to hot a appoints is a huge perk as well.

Cons

Not to many here, giving free equipment to customers can effect a larger commission sometimes .

Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 1.0

waste of time and money

Sep 6, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

the preset appts was a plus

Cons

you burn up gas for $100 deals. lied about pay

VP Marketing

Thank you for your review. Our first question would be did you attend the weekly training sessions; many of our successful outside sales reps find them very helpful in sharing best practices, rebuttals, sales strategies, etc. It’s a great opportunity to hear from our top sales performers on why they are so successful. As always, the income you make in this industry is based on your sales. Our representatives who are closing 25-30 deals a month are doing quite well financially. As any salesperson knows, the more you sell, the more you make. We find it unfortunate that this position did not work out for you as well as many of our outside sales representatives, but wish you future success.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Terrible experience. Stay away!!

Aug 6, 2016 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only Pros here are all the negative comments below. All negative comments or head on. Make sure you read all comments.

Cons

All of the positive comments on this company appears to be internal. Definitely a burn churn company. The company comes across professional at first then disappears.

2 people found this review helpful

VP Marketing

In regards to your claim that the positive comments “appear to be internal”, isn’t that what Glassdoor is all about? Comments for current employees. The fact there are so many positive reviews from current employees who are enjoying a profitable and successful career at National Debit Card Network demonstrates our professionalism and commitment to our workforce. We are sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience during your time working here and wish you luck in the future.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A good place to work (if you're willing to put in the effort)

Mar 25, 2016 - Customer Service in Melville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is opportunity for growth and advancement which I have seen and taken advantage of. I have always been well taken care of if I have ever needed time off or adjusting schedule to fit needs. Good workers are recognized for their contributions. I have seen many suggestions (some of my own as well as other people) implemented for the betterment of the company. It is also a very friendly atmosphere, which sometimes even has a family feel to it.

Cons

The wages, while competitive, could always be higher. However, that could be as much a function of the economy as anything else.

VP Marketing

Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear you are very satisfied in your position at National Debit Card Network!

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Overall - A Great Company To Work For!!

Mar 11, 2016 - Floor Manager in Scranton, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

When all the gears from the top down run smoothly together, it makes for an efficient, well oiled machine. That's exactly what we have here. The TM's are well trained, knowledgeable about our services and work well with each other to constantly help when new hires are struggling. The management team goes above and beyond to ensure that each appointment we set is a solid sales opportunity for the field reps. We don't lie to or mislead merchants, and at the end of the day we do exactly what we say we do. The transparency between our office and the New York Corporate office are second to none. On any given day, our TM's can reach our corporate officers immediately if they have an issue that in-house management can't handle; which is rare if not non-existent. The office hours are a breeze too, which still allows plenty of time for families and outside activities. Besides all this, our TM's walk out the door every day with incentive cash in hand! What else can I say? National Debit Card Network is an awesome place to work for and I'm happy I put my application in almost four years ago. It's a great opportunity for anyone who can take the guidance given.

Cons

There are no cons, with the exception that former employees who couldn't produce and ultimately were either terminated or resigned can leave bad reviews.

5 people found this review helpful