NHS Blood and Transplant "private sector" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

NHS Blood and Transplant Employee Reviews about "private sector"

Updated Sep 23, 2019

3.9
NHS Blood and Transplant Chief Executive  Betsy Bassis
Betsy Bassis
Pros
  • "I've always felt supported as a working Mum and the flexible working arrangements make working life smoother(in 10 reviews)

• "I've experienced lots of opportunity for professional development since working at NHSBT, and feel like a valued member of the team(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are many great NHS organisations -this is not one of them(in 6 reviews)

• "The salary isn't as good as when I worked in the private sector(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "private sector"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - Recruiting Assistant

I have been working at NHS Blood and Transplant part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I work with the best team I've ever worked with and have very supportive and encouraging managers.

Cons

The salary isn't as good as when I worked in the private sector.

NHS Blood and Transplant2019-09-23

"Great team and management with lots of opportunity for development"

Current Employee - Recruitment Advisor in Sheffield, England

I have been working at NHS Blood and Transplant full-time for more than a year

Pros

A really friendly and progressive environment to work in, that is aided by supportive management who take the time to listen. I've experienced lots of opportunity for professional development since working at NHSBT, and feel like a valued member of the team. No two days are the same, as the role is busy and challenging but in a good way. There are great perks such as flexible working and high annual leave allowance, which makes for a good work-life balance. Moving to NHSBT was one of the best decisions I've made.

Cons

The pay is lower than working in the private sector, however this is easily outweighed by the good work-life balance, pension and feel-good factor you get from working for the NHS.

NHS Blood and Transplant2019-06-10

"Great team but place is mismanaged"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

I have been working at NHS Blood and Transplant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team. flexibility as long as you're on the good terms with your manager.

Cons

Place is mismanaged and lacks direction. Pay not as good as private sector. Lack of progression opportunities. People tend to do the same job for years or till they find something else in another company. Staff turnover is quite high.

Continue reading
    NHS Blood and Transplant2019-01-10

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews