NHS Blood and Transplant "nhs" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

NHS Blood and Transplant Employee Reviews about "nhs"

Updated Oct 9, 2019

3.9
NHS Blood and Transplant Chief Executive  Betsy Bassis
Betsy Bassis
Pros
  • "I've always felt supported as a working Mum and the flexible working arrangements make working life smoother(in 10 reviews)

• "I've experienced lots of opportunity for professional development since working at NHSBT, and feel like a valued member of the team(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are many great NHS organisations -this is not one of them(in 6 reviews)

• "The salary isn't as good as when I worked in the private sector(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "nhs"

Return to all Reviews

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at NHS Blood and Transplant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some decent people. Nice offices.

Cons

There are many great NHS organisations -this is not one of them. Favouritism, cliques and poor management are rife here. The workload can be impossible and you are expected to work unpaid overtime to complete things. Management are unapproachable and don’t seem to care if you have a problem any way. I thought working in the NHS I would feel like a person and not a number but unfortunately this is not the case. There is also very little opportunity to progress unless you are willing to relocate.

NHS Blood and Transplant2019-10-09

"No wonder the NHS is stuffed"

I worked at NHS Blood and Transplant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pension. A few nice people.

Cons

A terrible "institution" feel to the place, populated mainly by incompetent "institutionalised" idiots. Managers that have no clue and some staff with even less of a clue. A very restrictive working environment that kills innovation, progression and (ironically) quality. Most staff are literally just holding out (with as little effort as possible) for either death or retirement. Some have succumbed to the first and no one has even noticed. The NHS will fail due to the numpties that work in places like this. Avoid.

NHS Blood and Transplant2019-07-25

NHS Blood and Transplant Response

July 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on NHSBT. We are disappointed to read your comments as this is not the sort of feedback we normally receive about NHSBT, its managers or our colleagues. All members of staff who are leaving NHSBT have a leavers questionnaire to complete, giving an opportunity to provide us with feedback and we would hope that you noted these comments at that time. We take very seriously any negative comments and will always endeavour to investigate and where necessary put processes in place to change/improve. Please be assured that we always listen to, and take seriously, the concerns of all our colleagues. If you haven’t had the opportunity to complete the leavers questionnaire or would like to speak to anyone about your comments, please contact HR Direct.

Continue reading

"Great team and management with lots of opportunity for development"

Current Employee - Recruitment Advisor in Sheffield, England

I have been working at NHS Blood and Transplant full-time for more than a year

Pros

A really friendly and progressive environment to work in, that is aided by supportive management who take the time to listen. I've experienced lots of opportunity for professional development since working at NHSBT, and feel like a valued member of the team. No two days are the same, as the role is busy and challenging but in a good way. There are great perks such as flexible working and high annual leave allowance, which makes for a good work-life balance. Moving to NHSBT was one of the best decisions I've made.

Cons

The pay is lower than working in the private sector, however this is easily outweighed by the good work-life balance, pension and feel-good factor you get from working for the NHS.

NHS Blood and Transplant2019-06-10
  4. "Massive Organisation with Massive Problems"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at NHS Blood and Transplant full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working for NHS BT is great by the fact of contributing to the common cause of Saving and Improving Lives. Laboratories are well designed and staff have many opportunities to participate in additional courses and education.

Cons

NHS BT is a massively inefficient organisation, wasting huge amount of resources on inefficient workers and contractors; It is largely influenced by Unions, making it difficult to assess staff performance and set objectives to improve efficiency. HR is useless. It won't support managers to evaluate staff capability or to carry out disciplinary. It rather impedes the process, Most of times, it plays together with the Unions to avoid management action.

NHS Blood and Transplant2017-01-19
  5. "Tissue Bank Technician"

I have been working at NHS Blood and Transplant full-time

Pros

Autonomy in the role. Practical based.

Cons

Nhs problems. Lack of resource funding.

NHS Blood and Transplant2016-09-07
  6. "NHSBT, generally very good"

Former Contractor - Senior Analyst Developer in Bristol, England

I worked at NHS Blood and Transplant for more than 3 years

Pros

The people there are fantastic. Flexible hours and holiday. Rewarding work.

Cons

Some senior management are a little detached from the workforce and too focussed on their careers rather than benefiting the NHS.

NHS Blood and Transplant2015-07-06

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews