Cover image for NHL

NHL

Is this your company?

NHL

Add a Review

NHL Employee Reviews about "concerts"

Updated Apr. 22, 2019

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 125 of over 126 reviews
4.3
88% Recommend to a Friend
94% Approve of CEO

Found 5 of over 126 reviews

4.3
NHL Commissioner Gary B. Bettman (no image)
Gary B. Bettman
Pros
  • "great medical(in 3 reviews)

• "There is real work-life balance, the people are friendly for the most part, good benefits and decent salary(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No vacation in first year of employment, inability to work from home even when it would make sense(in 3 reviews)

• "Not very progressive in terms of company culture(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "concerts"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I guess its different depending on your department

Apr. 22, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I don't know why people are complaining about vacation time not being allowed within the first year. We get half a personal day a month and an additional personal day for your birthday month. That's 7 personal days not included in your vacation time that you can take in your first year. Unlimited sick day policy which is also great. Pension and great medical benefits. Free tickets to concerts & games. No micromanaging (at least in my department).

Cons

I don't have any cons at this moment

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Director

Oct. 21, 2018 - Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working at NHL. There is real work-life balance, the people are friendly for the most part, good benefits and decent salary. Some perks working for the league include free tix to concerts at MSG, a pension plan and summer fridays!

Cons

There are a couple of archaic policies such as no vacation during the first year and only 10 vacation days, and no working-from-home.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. Join the NHL team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Have worked better places then the NHL.

Feb. 9, 2017 - Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The medical benefits are exceptional, basic 401k match, pension which becomes vested after 4 years of service. Are able to go to games and concerts. My fellow colleagues are great people hands down.looks great on a resume.

Cons

The Senior Management is horrible especially in the Finance department. You have people who supervise employees and the lack training to supervise people. Basically if you have a high title then you get a staff even if you have never had experience. The NHL should make management training yearly, my supervisor was an extremely immature person who would throw you under the bus to protect herself. Which I find horrible because I could never trust her and we clashed often. Now with Senior Management they barely speak to lower level employees so you can really establish a relationship with them they really only interact with their staff thus any conflicts you have with your direct supervisor you can only go to HR because Senior Management only supports their direct reports which leaves you in a bad place. Your image is tainted and you can never ever redeem yourself. The salary and bonuses are horrible and that is only because it's the NHL and they know people who love the game want to work there and some will settle for anything. There are no employee incentives to get any type of certifications or schooling which is really messed up considering that other departments within the NHL does offer this to their employees. No room for growth for the minions however the favorites always excel and get promoted, big bonuses and the staff get nothing.

7 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Honest opinion

Jul. 21, 2015 - Payroll Administrator in Budd Lake, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great perks: free tickets to Hockey games and concerts.

Cons

Depending on the department, potential for growth is limited.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

The worst Senior Management I have seen in years!!!!

May 6, 2015 - Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great medical benefits, ability to obtain tickets for concerts at MSG & Prudential Center. Great relationships with my fellow employees, rare at some places. Looks good on resume

Cons

Senior Management is horrible and miserable, minuscule salary increases and laughable bonuses. Favoritism is extremely apparent and lowers morale of hard working employees. If I could give no stars I would!!!!

4 people found this review helpful