NCSA Next College Student Athlete Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Nov 9, 2019

3.8
NCSA Next College Student Athlete CEO Lisa Strasman
Lisa Strasman
Pros
  • "Work from home and have great supervisors and co-workers(in 51 reviews)

• "They are led by genuinely good people who want to help both student-athletes on their path-to-college and employees with their career(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "For some departments, work/life balance can be tough to manage(in 46 reviews)

• "When I took my job as a 'Head Scout' at this company I could not have been more excited(in 22 reviews)

"Great first step into the sporting inudstry"

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete

Pros

NCSA provided me with my first step in the door to working within the corporate side of sports. Through my experiences with the company I acquired much of the fundamental sales and customer service training I carry with me today, and can only thank NCSA for providing me with the opportunities to learn and launch my career. Looking back I was truly fortunate to work with some amazing people, obtain exceptional... contacts, and having fun doing so.

Cons

As with joining any rising company going through rapid growth you have to be prepared to experience the ups and downs along the way. There was a lot of change as the company continues to find the best practices in running a majority of business areas. This most definitely builds character and requires a versatile attitude.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees -They will be your greatest asset and the group I had the pleasure of working with have become life-long teammates within my professional network.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2014-09-05

"Love This Company and What We Do!"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for less than a year

Pros

Remote, flexibility, well-qualified peers (work side by side with so many former high level coaches and athletes), making a difference and having an impact on people's lives. Everyone in this company genuinely cares about helping kids find the right fit school. The bottomline is always brought to the forefront so that business side of things doesn't ever let us lose track of the ultimate goal and mission!

Cons

some weekend hours, some late nights, a lot of work to balance

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2019-11-09

"Opportunity to help others"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, great product and guiding, helping and educating families

Cons

work, life balance seems to be out of whack.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2019-11-06
  4. "Solid Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great colleagues/people to work around, even if they aren't particularly good at their jobs -In theory, and in a lot of cases, (definitely not all) practice, NCSA has a worth while mission -Work from home if necessary -Not necessarily true "management", but the individuals in your role who are your senior and have had success will truly do what they can to help you become better at your role -Upper management... does listen to your suggestions/advice and do seem to take those seriously

Cons

-Calling people who don't want help over and over because they did something like check their email -While 99% of student athletes across the world CAN benefit to a certain extent, at minimum 1/3 of the kids we work with couldn't play dead much less their sport at a college level -SRCs certainly play a part, but at the end of the day, do not have full autonomy over our sales -Biggest one, 2/3 of meetings seem... useless. It's a sales job, you shouldn't get a sales job if you do not know the importance of the tone of your voice. I don't need 30 minutes to be told that -for being a tech company, the systems/phones seem to break down a lot...

Advice to Management

While we're constantly hiring because of consistent turnover, be more selective in hiring process. Better people can be using leads and enrolling clients then when incompetent individuals are assigned to them

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2019-11-07

"Best Job ever!!!!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Family environment, helping, and really wants everyone to be successful.

Cons

Having to clock out and go home at the end of the day lol.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2019-10-31

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Chicago, IL

Pros

I truly cannot say enough good things about NCSA. The team, the mission, the leadership - all are truly outstanding. I've never worked anywhere that appreciates their employees as much as NCSA. If you work hard, you WILL be recognized. Leadership makes a conscious effort to maintain transparency throughout the company, which is evident in the monthly all-team Huddles. The company culture is rooted in NCSA's... core values, which can be seen in everything NCSA does. I'm incredibly proud to work for a company with such a strong give-back mission. I feel very fortunate to be a part of this company.

Cons

Inevitably, there are challenges that come with a company's fast growth. I know NCSA is working to maintain the same tight-knit culture, supportive atmosphere and personal relationships that it had back when it started, and I trust that will continue for many years to come.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2019-10-21

"Fast growing company with great mission and opportunity"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Chicago, IL

Pros

* People top to bottom the people who work here believe in the mission and care deeply * We do important work that makes a direct positive impact on people's lives * There is so much to do, if you have a solid plan and drive there is opportunity grow

Cons

This is a company has experienced a lot of growth and it has been difficult to maintain the same performance in every department. We can do a better job communicating that change and what to expect moving forward.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2019-10-14

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Coach Relations Coordinator

Pros

The people here are beyond incredible. From top to bottom, management cares about your personal growth and development, everyone here is incredibly supportive, this is the best atmosphere I have ever experienced before. And I work remote so what is not to like about that! Also very flexible. Work hours in certain roles can be demanding, but you know what you sign up for. I will constantly recommend NCSA to friends... if they are looking for a place of employment.

Cons

We can always use a bigger salary, but if that is the only thing I can complain about then...

Advice to Management

keep it up. make sure you are constantly caring about your employees because that is what makes this place so great to work. Continue to be flexible with people, and just keep doing a great job.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2019-10-17

"Great company with great people"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Coordinator

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Being able to work remote. The flexibility with this job you just can’t beat it. ( that + making decent money is a huge win) -the people you work with are pretty much all former athletes and are just great people -health care provided is amazing -pays for my gym membership -Ncsa Is by far the most successful athletic recruiting company -Ncsa’s giveback..we don’t turn away athletes that can’t afford ncsa

Cons

-lack of advancement opportunities ..very few spots for advancement so a lot of deserving people simply don’t advance -pay is low..only the top 10% make decent money

Advice to Management

To compete with other tech companies in Chicago do -unlimited pto -have the snack bar (that you don’t have to pay for) -get a panel of tenured people to figure out how to make more growth opportunities (since this has always been a problem)

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2019-10-17

"Salary Incredibly Low"

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive, sports driven tech company with lofty goals

Cons

Work life balance is zero. To be successful you need to work 6 days a week.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2019-10-31