Myplanet Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2021

4.5
Myplanet Founder and CEO Jason Cottrell (no image)
Jason Cottrell
Pros
  • "Management knows the importance of work life balance(in 11 reviews)

• "Supportive leadership team and are focused 100% on the success of the business(in 10 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Myplanet"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive environment to work in

Cons

I can not think of any at the moment

2. COVID-19

"Good culture but Leadership Team doesn't seem to take action on obvious problems"

Current Employee - Developer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Myplanet full-time

Pros

- Good and Supportive Culture on most teams - Most people are quite friendly, motivated and energetic - Good EDI (compared to other tech companies) - There is a good "innovative" culture - we are constantly striving for improvement. - There is no "superiority complex". Most people treat you with respect and dignity.

Cons

- Qualified people that are actually enthusiastic about the company's initiatives and want the company to succeed tend to get ignored, instead the Leadership Team focuses more on motivating everyone else to work on these initiatives or filling these roles with external hires, which I personally don't think is the right move and I've seen it demotivating a lot of people. - There are some people (and teams) that you would want to avoid and they feel very different compared to everyone else in the organization (culture and skill-wise), and I am very surprised that nobody has brought this up in the other reviews. - Even after letting Leadership Team know about these problems, seems like nothing has been done so your best bet is to try to avoid them as much as possible. Not saying this is entirely a bad thing, but from an employee perspective, it could potentially be considered as a "red flag" - We seem to be hiring too many people when we can't even secure new projects fast enough. So chances are, you may be assigned to do research work (which I have seen) instead of working on actual billable projects. - There are a lot of "partnerships" that we have with other vendors so you don't really have the freedom to choose which service or tech stack you want to use in a project. - The "family like" culture that was there pre-covid seems to be dying quite quickly (but this is probably something that other companies are also facing) and I don't see any viable solution to this. - Employee turnover rate is very high. Lots of people leaving within 1-2 years. Haven't seen much improvement in this area at all. - Compensation could be a lot better.

3. "Strong culture and energetic team"

Current Employee - Product Development

I have been working at Myplanet full-time

Pros

- High energy environment with motivated team members - A variety of projects and initiatives - Management encourages promotion from within while bringing on outside talent when needed - Management respectful of employees time, recognizing that ongoing overtime is not sustainable

Cons

- Projects can have high-pressure periods to hit critical deadlines - The industry is competitive, requiring agencies to continually reinvent themselves to stay competitive. This can feel chaotic during periods of change.

April 6, 2021Director, Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We really appreciate the kind words. We also agree that it’s great working alongside such an exceptional bunch of individuals who are motivated to do their best everyday. The people are what makes Myplanet such a special place. You’re right, we’re constantly working to adapt and make changes to ensure we’re set up for success and we know that can sometimes feel chaotic. Thanks for being a part of the journey so far! As we move forward, we’ll be sure to keep our values at the heart of everything we do.

4. "Highly focused, fantastic culture"

Former Employee - Tech Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Myplanet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great, bright, motivated people make up this great company. Endless opportunity to learn more, contribute in various projects, and be challenged day-in/day-out.

Cons

Never a shortage of work, always the need to wear multiple hats. Can be considered pro's for some however!

October 16, 2020Director, Culture

Thanks for your feedback. We have to agree that we certainly have the pleasure of working with incredibly bright and motivated individuals at Myplanet! We're so glad your experience was a positive one.

"Interesting place!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Lead in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great office and location - Not what you would expect of an agency. They lead with a lot of integrity and put the people first - Interesting work - Engaged employees - Fun environment - Fast paced - Office dogs!

Cons

- Overall the people are great but there are some employees with a lot of influence... or maybe they’re just loud... who are very exclusive. If you don’t agree with them they are passive aggressive and will slowly ice you out. It can be demotivating since they plan the company events and social activities. I know it’s not just me who feels this way. It’s like high school all over again if you are in the thick of it - Very reactive approach overall but lots of smart people so the two balance eachother out - Employees skew a bit younger so there is a sense of entitlement but leadership manages this well

May 11, 2020Director, Culture

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to hear all of the positive things you are enjoying about Myplanet. Your fellow Myplaneteers and the work environment are no doubt an integral part of this. We work best together when we collaborate, bringing a mix of ideas, experiences, and perspectives to the table, so I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing a lack of inclusion. I encourage you to speak to your leader, HR or myself on this topic - we are all here to help and I truly believe we can solve this. Also, we are looking at fine-tuning some of our processes right now so your feedback on the PGs is something we can look into. Thanks again for the review and for being so open.

6. "Great co-workers and awesome vibe, even for remote workers"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a remote worker, getting seen/heard can be tricky. However, I've met more people in different departments here in the last 6 months than I did in 7 years in a previous job. Everyone I've met is easy to talk to and understand the communication issues of remote life. I work with smart people that are quick to help and explain things when necessary, all without judgement. The company is socially and community conscious and have a great startup-like culture. There are numerous gatherings, both for employees as well as for external groups, which are open to remote workers too. The on-boarding experience was intensive, but so good, by far the best I've ever experienced. You get to meet a wide range of folks from different departments, which helps later on when you end up working with them. Very quickly after starting to work for Myplanet, I felt like I was an integral part of the company and received positive feedback for things my team had done. That is huge.

Cons

I've only managed to get to the office once...so far :)

February 18, 2020Brand and Content Manager

We love hearing you've had such a positive experience so far! Come on out again soon— there's more people for you to meet :D

7. "myplanet"

4.0
    Current Employee - React Native Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kind, organized, good culture, good manner

Cons

stressful, multi tasking, some word, some word

8. "Great"

Current Employee - Product Strategist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely professional with none of the usual corporate bureaucracy. They actually respect inclusiveness and diversity, it's not just lip service here. Flexible time to attend to family needs. Projects have real impact. Work is done collaboratively, not in silos.

Cons

Sporadic time off projects makes it hard to plan time between self improvement and work on the next project.

Continue reading
  9. "An employee focused company with a great design and bucapabilities"

Current Employee - Accounts in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Focused on building platforms that last, not just delivering projects - Working culture is great - Supportive leadership team and are focused 100% on the success of the business

Cons

- There are areas to improve but they are open about the plan in how we get there

April 6, 2021Director, Culture

Thanks for your positive feedback!

"Good company, suffering from growing"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Myplanet full-time

Pros

- Work from home policy - Smart people The option to work from home is one of the best perks the company offer. Overall everybody is very friendly and you can learn a lot of things.

Cons

- Crowded office - You need to show off in order to be promoted - Management not entirely honest with some people The office is constantly crowded, all meeting rooms are occupied and sometimes the noise is really distracting. People who show off more get praised more by management. Even if you're doing the same job (or more relevant) than some people, chances are the extroverts have greater chance to be promoted. Sometimes the management says things that are not entirely true to employees. It looks like the company is always afraid of being sued and does not say things objectively. This has lead people to distrust some leaders.

March 3, 2020Director, Culture

Thanks for writing this! It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying the people and our work from home flexibility. We try to remain as flexible as possible to meet employees needs, especially because you're right: the expanding team and work has led to some “growing pains” around the Toronto office. In case you didn't know, we've secured additional space on a separate floor but some issues that were out of our control delayed the availability of that space for longer than we'd hoped for. The good news is, it's almost ready! And once it is, we'll be able to move into phase 2 of our renovations, where we'll be creating new meeting room spaces that should, alongside the noise cancelling headphone subsidy for delivery team members, help alleviate some of the challenges we know folks have been facing on that front. Around your other points, we take a lot of pride in an employee's performance and professional development so we are sorry to hear you're feeling this way. Our goal is for all Myplaneteers to be acknowledged for their hard work. We also hold integrity and transparency in the highest regard. What you’ve outlined has me concerned so if you are open to it, I would like nothing more than to hear you out and gather your feedback. You can also talk to Human Resources, or use one of our anonymous channels, if you feel more comfortable doing so. I encourage you to leverage one of these options as there is always opportunity for improvement in any organization and we want our team to share a vision of how to do that.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 84 Reviews