Myplanet Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Jason Cottrell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work-life balance for an agency, they work to be flexible as much as possible" (in 5 reviews)

• "ambitious leadership team who are also very open to inputs" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Agency growing pains were very apparent at times" (in 5 reviews)

• "There could be a better sense of work-life balance" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Smart Company"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Myplanet seriously invests in employee growth through mentoring, professional development, knowledge sharing and a focus on mindfulness and mastery
    Company processes incorporate agility at all levels with continual inspection and refinement.
    Colleagues at Myplanet are high quality and cross-disciplinary interaction accelerates overall growth in related disciplines
    Weekly talks, events, meditation and chat channels help to take the edge off doing challenging work for high profile clients

Cons

Myplanet is growing fast enough to cause pain in terms of physical access to meeting and collaborative spaces
    The company has a collaborate approach to project management that can be disconcerting for those that are used to traditional command and control shops

Advice to Management

Preserve the culture that has made the company so attractive for employees and clients

2. "Great people"

Current Employee - Developer in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment at the company enables you to grow on many different aspects.
    The fact we have mentors that help us grow is something I particularly enjoy.
    We often see new and exciting projects to work

Cons

Even though the company invest in many different aspects, sometimes it looks like they are trying to save money on details.

Advice to Management

Keep the good work and value your workers!

3. "Great Environment"

I have been working at Myplanet full-time

Pros

- The people at Myplanet are awesome. Everybody is really friendly and eager to help each other out. It feels like you're hanging out with your friends and doing really great work at the same time.
    - Great location. Located in the downtown core and close to transit, shops, restaurants, etc.
    - Open-concept office with adjustable standing desks
    - Flexible work arrangement so you're not chained to your desk
    - I feel like I can be me at work, rather than just a "work me" - authenticity is encouraged

Cons

- Smaller shop means that they're not as organized for training - if you don't know something you have to be comfortable finding answers on your own/trying things out
    - Leadership seem really busy so if you do need guidance it can be difficult to get the support you're looking for unless it's an emergency
    - Not very many meeting spaces or collaboration areas

4. "Product Strategist"

Current Employee - Product Strategist in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Product Strategist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Myplanet has done an incredible job of hiring smart, fun, and caring people. It is truly like any other place I've worked.

- The office is in a beautiful heritage building and everyone is provided a standing desk, ergonomic chair, a high performance computer, and all the peripherals you will need to do your job effectively.

- There is a great deal of autonomy afforded to individual project teams.

Cons

- The company is going through significant growth which is great but the office is squeezed for space so there isn't a lot of quiet space available for those who need it.

- In my limited experience, project teams can fluctuate quite a bit which makes delivery more difficult when you are balancing both a challenging project and changing people.

- There could be a better sense of work-life balance. Staff are passionate about doing great work but there is a need to ensure people don't burn themselves out.

Advice to Management

All in all, I really enjoy Myplanet as a place to work. It is a special place with a unique culture and I'm grateful for the opportunity. Here are my two pieces of advice:

1) Invest in quiet areas for the more introverted team members.

2) Make sure teams don't burn themselves - ensure projects have reasonable timelines and adequate staffing.

5. "Software Developer (Drupal)"

I have been working at Myplanet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great place to work / Excellent work culture
    - Variety of different projects and exciting opportunities
    - Management team always there to help out and support and cares for employee advancement
    - Unlimited Coffee/Hot Chocolate
    - Sitting/Standing tables
    - Shiny new top of the line equipment

Cons

- None at all

6. "Good working atmosphere, amazing leadership team, respectful co-workers"

I have been working at Myplanet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Get to work with a lot of talented and motivated people
    - Very nice office
    - Leadership is very transparent and cares about employee's personal career development
    - Get to work on different projects
    - B-corp
    - Company is doing a good job at making sure everyone is being treated equally and respectfully in the work space.

Cons

- Have to work on multiple projects at the same time sometime
    - Not every project that you are on is super exciting

7. "Great environment and work life balance"

Current Employee - Fullstack Developer in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Fullstack Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexible hours
    - Work-life balance
    - Being an outsourcing company gives you many opportunities to work on several different clients/technologies
    - Great Downtown location

Cons

- Company struggles a little on how to place employees amongst the building 3 floors.
    - A gym reimbursement would be a great nice to have
    - Being an outsourcing company could also mean you could work with technologies that are not part of your expertise

8. "A Remarkable Workplace With An Unbeatable Culture, Prioritizing People And Work/Life Balance."

I have been working at Myplanet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Myplanet for a little over 6 months now and I must say that I am completely impressed by my experience so far. Here are some notable items:

GENERAL PERKS:

- Plenty of opportunities to receive and provide mentorship

- Remote working/work from home friendly

- Flexible working hours/schedule

- 5 "awesome days" for all employees to work on professional development, projects or anything you want to learn to better your skills

- Profit sharing and stock options

- Pet friendly office. You can bring your dog to work. A very nice way to relieve stress in the work place

- Office inside of a cool historic building in Toronto (tall ceilings, big windows, exposed brick, etc.)

- Professional development budget for books, courses, some conferences and even buying new tech

VALUES & CULTURE:

- Myplanet has a solid culture, series of process and wonderful people

- Strong culture of inclusivity that feels authentic

- Hack days every quarter where you can collaborate with people from across different teams to solve interesting design/tech/business

- Great pride in providing amazing customer experiences

problems

- Company is investing time and resources in very interesting areas like AR, VR, Voice-Tech... amongst others

- There is a strong culture of knowledge sharing and promoting thought leadership

- Myplanet is solid is in documenting its processes. The company wiki is great and super helpful.

- Lightning talks every week. A chance to watch an interesting presentation done by another team member, and enjoy drinks and snacks with everyone

- Culture of mindfulness and meditation is present throughout the company

- 360 degree reviews are done every quarter, where you self-assess yourself and your peers which help inform your semi-annual compensation reviews

PEOPLE & LEADERSHIP:

- My coworkers are very intelligent and fascinating people

- The IT staff are very great in providing you with fast tech support and the right tools to help you get your job done well.

- The leadership team are very down to earth and are very approachable

- 4 of the 5 original founders still work for the company

- CEO is a very nice guy and actually takes the time to get to know people

- Paths of advancements are made very clear to employees

- Managers work closely with employees for professional development

- People are given shoutouts for doing good work as well as for general celebrations (birthdays, work anniversaries, etc.)

MISC.:

- They have an impressive portfolio of clients and partners (some you'll learn more about upon joining the team)

- Opportunities to travel for work if you work in a client-services oriented role

- The company is always on brand

- Employee retention seems quite strong

Cons

Like any company, it has some growing pains but nothing too major. The building is split into 3 floors so sometimes you feel separated from people on the other floors.

The space is starting to feel more full as a result of growth. But the leadership team is acquiring more space to handle that.

The office can feel quiet sometimes because people are offsite for client visits and so on.

There are no stocked shelves full of snacks like other tech companies (that could change though)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep making the effort to hear employee feedback and taking action on them. Keep putting things back into the company that are in the benefit of the people who work there. Also some more snacks in the future would be fantastic! Finally, keep up the amazing culture of CX where we go above and beyond to help the customers we serve.

9. "Software Developer"

I have been working at Myplanet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work life balance
    - Care about career growth
    - You can bring your dog!

Cons

- Because consultancy, will eventually work with older tech, or tech you don't know
    - No gym membership reimbursement

"QA Developer"

I have been working at Myplanet full-time

Pros

- There is lot of passion in the work environment
    - Efficient leadership
    - Freedom to implement new solutions
    - Constructive feedback from mentors
    - Regular PD meets and process improvement meets
    - Various recourses to learn new technologies
    - Promising compensation
    - Amazing work culture both professional and cultural

Cons

Haven't come across nay so far