Myplanet Reviews

Updated Jun 8, 2021

Found 89 of over 107 reviews

4.6
Myplanet Founder and CEO Jason Cottrell (no image)
Jason Cottrell
Pros
  • "Management knows the importance of work life balance(in 11 reviews)

• "Supportive leadership team and are focused 100% on the success of the business(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company is growing and is facing 'growing pains'(in 8 reviews)

• "company is growing(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, Dog friendly, Building cool stuff

Jun 8, 2021 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with Myplanet allows career to be developed in acceleration as they get to work with diverse types of client all the time. Staffs have the freedom to choose appropriate tech stacks that fit the product purpose.

Cons

Some benefits might not match those of larger companies.

2. 5.0

Fantastic Place to Work!

Jun 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

After joining Myplanet earlier this year, one of the first things that stood out to me was the amazing culture and people at the organization. I noticed that majority of the individuals here have pride in their work, exhibit positive energy, and open to questions and discussion at all levels of the company. I was amazed by the virtual onboarding process provided upon joining. In addition to the technical onboarding, they went above and beyond to have us meet the leaders of every department in an effort to learn how the different departments mesh together and contribute to the success of the business as a whole. I can see that the company takes an honest effort to incorporate social activities in a virtual environment which I really appreciate as well. Management also does a really good job promoting work-life balance, given the company is a growing tech start-up.

Cons

None to note at the moment.

Director, Culture

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We're happy to hear about your positive onboarding experience and that you've enjoyed your overall experience to date.

3. 5.0

In a league of its own

Jun 6, 2021 - Senior Software Developer In Test in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Myplanet is a hidden gem for the unsuspecting job seeker. When you start here, you will notice the positive energy emitted by everyone. You will be working with the highest caliber of employees, exercise your inner entrepreneur and see the making of the whole widget all at the same time. Furthermore, this company allows you to grow both professionally and passionately if you choose to engage in the many workshops and activities offered by the enthusiastic leadership team and driven employees.

Cons

If you don't monitor your time allocated to specific projects, you may find yourself overwhelmed.

4. 5.0

Wonderful Place to work

Jun 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best culture, accessible leadership, great life-work balance for a growing tech company

Cons

Periodically tight deadlines which is usual for an agency

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

One of the best places I have ever worked at in all aspects

Jun 3, 2021 - Software Developer In Test in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and environments Chance to work in new technologies and different projects Amazing onboarding process in current remote work times

Cons

Not that I can think at the moment.

Director, Culture

Thanks for your feedback! We are so humbled and happy to hear that Myplanet is one of the best places you have ever worked. Thanks for being a part of the culture and company - you are no doubt adding to what makes Myplanet such a special place to work.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good culture but Leadership Team doesn't seem to take action on obvious problems

Mar 31, 2021 - Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good and Supportive Culture on most teams - Most people are quite friendly, motivated and energetic - Good EDI (compared to other tech companies) - There is a good "innovative" culture - we are constantly striving for improvement. - There is no "superiority complex". Most people treat you with respect and dignity.

Cons

- Qualified people that are actually enthusiastic about the company's initiatives and want the company to succeed tend to get ignored, instead the Leadership Team focuses more on motivating everyone else to work on these initiatives or filling these roles with external hires, which I personally don't think is the right move and I've seen it demotivating a lot of people. - There are some people (and teams) that you would want to avoid and they feel very different compared to everyone else in the organization (culture and skill-wise), and I am very surprised that nobody has brought this up in the other reviews. - Even after letting Leadership Team know about these problems, seems like nothing has been done so your best bet is to try to avoid them as much as possible. Not saying this is entirely a bad thing, but from an employee perspective, it could potentially be considered as a "red flag" - We seem to be hiring too many people when we can't even secure new projects fast enough. So chances are, you may be assigned to do research work (which I have seen) instead of working on actual billable projects. - There are a lot of "partnerships" that we have with other vendors so you don't really have the freedom to choose which service or tech stack you want to use in a project. - The "family like" culture that was there pre-covid seems to be dying quite quickly (but this is probably something that other companies are also facing) and I don't see any viable solution to this. - Employee turnover rate is very high. Lots of people leaving within 1-2 years. Haven't seen much improvement in this area at all. - Compensation could be a lot better.

6 people found this review helpful

Director, Culture

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Myplanet with us! We’re so fortunate to work with such an incredibly talented team and we're glad to hear that you’re enjoying the people and culture. We also appreciate your detailed feedback, having this helps us to highlight areas of concern and where we can improve for the future. Leaders have a big influence across Myplanet, but so do all employees. We want to continue to cultivate an environment where everyone is encouraged to speak up. We take feedback seriously and act on what we hear. If there is discontent around what project you are working on, your career path and/or access to new opportunities, peers acting in a way that doesn’t align with our values, technology you’d like to work with - anything - we encourage you to talk to your leader or HR about it. We want to hear from you! The demand for our services is high, and that is reflected in our active hiring programs. New hires joining Myplanet are put on project work almost immediately but you’re right, sometimes this doesn’t happen and that is the reality in a professional services firm. At the beginning of the pandemic, it was challenging for us to find the same team connection that we had in the office but we’ve been strengthening this muscle over the past year and we’re happy to share that we’re now in a good place! Some of our long-standing traditions, such as our weekly Lightning Talk, have transitioned well in a remote-first environment, but we’ve also had to get creative! We had our first fully remote holiday party in 2020 which was a lot of fun, and we've been continuing to come up with different remote ways to connect as a team. We’re not perfect. We’re trying new things, making mistakes and constantly learning from them so that we can do better next time around. We thank you for growing with us as we navigated through a lot of changes this year and we look forward to the future together!

7. 5.0

Myplanet

Jan 20, 2021 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive environment to work in

Cons

I can not think of any at the moment

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Strong culture and energetic team

Sep 28, 2020 - Product Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

- High energy environment with motivated team members - A variety of projects and initiatives - Management encourages promotion from within while bringing on outside talent when needed - Management respectful of employees time, recognizing that ongoing overtime is not sustainable

Cons

- Projects can have high-pressure periods to hit critical deadlines - The industry is competitive, requiring agencies to continually reinvent themselves to stay competitive. This can feel chaotic during periods of change.

Continue reading

Director, Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We really appreciate the kind words. We also agree that it’s great working alongside such an exceptional bunch of individuals who are motivated to do their best everyday. The people are what makes Myplanet such a special place. You’re right, we’re constantly working to adapt and make changes to ensure we’re set up for success and we know that can sometimes feel chaotic. Thanks for being a part of the journey so far! As we move forward, we’ll be sure to keep our values at the heart of everything we do.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Interesting place!

Apr 9, 2020 - Lead in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great office and location - Not what you would expect of an agency. They lead with a lot of integrity and put the people first - Interesting work - Engaged employees - Fun environment - Fast paced - Office dogs!

Cons

- Overall the people are great but there are some employees with a lot of influence... or maybe they’re just loud... who are very exclusive. If you don’t agree with them they are passive aggressive and will slowly ice you out. It can be demotivating since they plan the company events and social activities. I know it’s not just me who feels this way. It’s like high school all over again if you are in the thick of it - Very reactive approach overall but lots of smart people so the two balance eachother out - Employees skew a bit younger so there is a sense of entitlement but leadership manages this well

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful

Director, Culture

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to hear all of the positive things you are enjoying about Myplanet. Your fellow Myplaneteers and the work environment are no doubt an integral part of this. We work best together when we collaborate, bringing a mix of ideas, experiences, and perspectives to the table, so I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing a lack of inclusion. I encourage you to speak to your leader, HR or myself on this topic - we are all here to help and I truly believe we can solve this. Also, we are looking at fine-tuning some of our processes right now so your feedback on the PGs is something we can look into. Thanks again for the review and for being so open.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Highly focused, fantastic culture

Oct 15, 2020 - Tech Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, bright, motivated people make up this great company. Endless opportunity to learn more, contribute in various projects, and be challenged day-in/day-out.

Cons

Never a shortage of work, always the need to wear multiple hats. Can be considered pro's for some however!

Director, Culture

Thanks for your feedback. We have to agree that we certainly have the pleasure of working with incredibly bright and motivated individuals at Myplanet! We're so glad your experience was a positive one.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 89 Reviews