MuleSoft Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Aug 10, 2020

4.3
MuleSoft President & CEO Greg Schott
Greg Schott
Pros
Cons
  • "No work life balance made it tough some times(in 27 reviews)

• "This job is not a 9-5 and is very challenging(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Ups and downs"

2.0
    Current Employee - Account Development Representative

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

MuleSoft has a great product and has many great people that make it fun to go to the office. The benefits are nice and there are many great opportunities being a part of Salesforce. There is a great onboarding process and opportunities to learn throughout your career.

Cons

The AD promotional process is extremely flawed. You have to go through multiple promotions just within the AD organization to even get a chance at interviewing elsewhere in the company. The quantitative and qualitative expectations are very difficult to achieve and take a long period of time. Expect to spend 2-3 years on average in the AD organization, potentially longer. AD leadership fails to be transparent and highlight the operational challenges that exist in the promotion process. Many people are told different things and corporate politics plays a huge role in your career progression.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in London, England

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time

Pros

Great place to work with great people!

Cons

No cons to report at this time.

"Has been a great ride...."

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

*helping to solve legitimate, "real" problems for large companies *lots of great people still within the company; truly some of the most talented I've worked with in my career *overall, very solid product that addresses a major problem within the enterprise *solid culture still intact *leadership up to this point has been rock solid *lots of self growth opportunity and as a salesperson, have had an opportunity to make a lot of $

Cons

*processes are becoming ridiculously taxing; sometimes feels like this is a 200,000+ employee company instead of ~2000 *company simply hasn't kept up with hiring Tech Support and Product Developers in relation to the number of sales people being hired. This has resulted in multiple support issues *Customer Success model is a glorified renewal dept and CSMs simply act as points of contact for customer logging support tickets. Why not hire actual ex-customers or those with ESB/SOA/API experience? This would offload much of what Support deals with currently *layers of management are continuing to grow. Will it completely be phased into Salesforce's machine? Let's hope not

Continue reading

"New phase, same great place to work"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and product!

Cons

Living in a new phase of MuleSoft's evolution and it is finding its identity within Salesforce.

"Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in London, England

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Energetic, fast-paced open culture. Great people!

Cons

Transitioning from young startup to a bit more of a mature company. Experiencing growing pains in doing so.

Talent

Thanks for sharing your experience! Looking forward to seeing you at MeetUp!

"MuleSoft is one of the best companies to work for...."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at MuleSoft for over 2 ½ years. Prior, I have worked for big enterprise software companies to a 30 person start-up in the Bay Area. I have work in high tech for a while now and MuleSoft is by far and hands down one of the best companies I have worked for yet! I have a long commute (2 hours) but I do it because it is such a great company to work for and the opportunities it affords me. This is the only company that really values and respects the skills I bring to my job, my team and my department. I have had the opportunity to make a big impact as we have grown, have had the opportunity to influence upper management, and stretch my skills and grow my career. Great people! Great human beings, authentic, transparent and it is clear that people here are working together to support each other, so we are all successful and management cares about you as an individual. Pace...I love the pace of this company. I’ve been at many companies, over the years that, move really slow, decisions take forever to make, projects get bogged down, too many people need to approve everything, etc.. Here at MuleSoft, we are always moving, pivoting quickly to stay agile as we grow. We are all rowing in the same direction because we want the company to be successful and love the challenge! MuleSoft affords me the flexibility to have work/life balance and I don’t work from home. MuleSoft isn't for everyone - the pace is super fast and the work is extremely challenging. But it's completely worth it if you enjoy that kind of energy. I'm very rewarded the work I do. I’m excited to go to work every day and love the challenges of a growing company!

Cons

Outgrowing Office space and now will have two different buildings...across the street from each other.

Talent

So awesome to read about your experience, thank you for sharing!

"Great Company, Great Leadership, Great Culture"

I worked at MuleSoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at MuleSoft for more than 4 years was an amazing experience. I was able to build the Sales Operations team from the ground up. Sales Ops is an integral part of the Company and for those who are interested in a real start up culture, working with a great team, confidence in the leadership of the company, I would recommend working at MuleSoft. The Sales Ops team specifically was a great team to work with. There is a lot of freedom in offering up creative and unique solutions not just to deals but also to internal processes for both the team and the overall field sales team. There is a lot of autonomy given to those who have proven to know what they are doing and be trusted to escalate issues when necessary. Some have said there are no career advancement opportunities for current employees at MuleSoft. To that, I say - in my 4+ years at MuleSoft I was promoted twice and got multiple pay increases and additional stock grants. MuleSoft rewards and promotes those who not only work for it and deserve it but also those who take initiative in building their own career path. MuleSoft maintains a startup culture (which is not easy to do at their current size) and that culture is fantastic for fostering great teamwork, friendships and an overall fun place to work. Part of the startup culture is that there isn’t a pre-defined career path for every role, many times someone being hired is the first to be hired in that role and have to work with their management to actively build that path for the first time. With regards to previous reviews on the lack of work life balance at MuleSoft, no one works harder or longer at MuleSoft than the CEO or the President. They are constantly available and willing to do whatever it takes to help the company or any employees both professionally and personally. They care about each and every person who works or worked at the company. The success of the company has been due to those willing to take ownership of their role and the startup culture where often times there is more to be done than can be done in an 8 hour day. This life isn't for everyone but for those who see their individual success tied to the success of the company, working long hours with great people is part of the fun. I’ve made some of my best friends from my time working at MuleSoft in large part because I was there for more than the normal 8 hour day. This isn't a company for anyone who thinks any job is "below them" and that is evident from the top down.

Cons

Some managers at MuleSoft are too hesitant in letting people go when its obvious they are not the right fit or pulling their weight. I saw B and C level players that were not adding value to the team in their assigned responsibilities but were causing a lot of team morale issues as a result of their constant complaining to other team members. These people were kept at the Company in hopes they would improve after multiple conversations and reviews giving feedback on their performance but that was rarely the case.

8. "Changing the Game"

I worked at MuleSoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great People Smart and passionate Really card about the company, challenges and the pace of change in the industry Able to take concept to action very Quickly

Cons

Not a 9-5 job and you should join with the purpose of building something great the journey was one of Do what it takes and that could sometime mean long hrs. but the rewards were good and the sense of team effort was always worth it.

Learning and Development

Thanks for your review, and I'm so glad to hear you got so much value out of your 3+ years here. We definitely want to continue growing our investment in people, and I'm excited about the work that we are doing for learning and development, such as peer coaching and the formal manager training that we'll roll out later this year. We want this to be the best place for every Muley to grow her/his career and are committed to taking the steps to get there. Best of luck in your next endeavor!

"Grow to appreciate this company more every day"

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people – I realize saying a company has great people is subjective, but the more people I grow to know at this company, the more I love it. There are crazy smart people here but they are also incredibly humble and pleasant to work with. I've learned so much from my colleagues both in and outside of my function. Management – from my manager to the CEO, everyone I've encountered in a leadership position at MuleSoft cares about individual trajectory and personal and professional growth. Leadership encourages employees to take on ambitious projects and gives them the resources to support these initiatives. My manager and I meet every week to problem solve immediate problems in my path and also, develop a plan for me to achieve me long term career goals All the usual benefits – free lunches, unlimited vacation...etc.

Cons

At 800+ people and growing, it's critical the company onboards people in a way where they can hit the ground running and have a positive experience from the onset. It took me a few months to get my bearings and meet the people in other functions who would be critical for me to be successful in my role.

Learning and Development

Thanks so much for your review and feedback! I reported to an executive staff member for over 2 years and have to say I couldn't agree more with your view on our leadership team. Regarding onboarding, I'm happy to say that this is a key priority for us this year. No doubt that it's critical as we scale, and I'm looking forward to rolling out improvements in the next few months to make sure new Muleys are well informed and welcomed consistently and effectively. P.S. We are on for MeetUp next year, can't wait!

"Great company"

I worked at MuleSoft

Pros

Tons of great people and friends, really intelligent group of people, executive team truly cares about mission, feedback generally well received and acted upon.

Cons

Murky promotion path, too many barriers to hiring someone (great candidates often turned away for trivial reasons), sometimes political.

VP of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback! Hiring amazing talent is the biggest contributor to our growth and amazing culture. I understand that having such a high hiring bar means that the interview process tends to be longer and more involved than most, and it's something we're working to improve while maintaining the integrity of Muley DNA. To help with this, we also recently just launched a tool to provide more clarity and a direct path to internal opportunities and promotions, we're hopeful that will help. Thanks again for the feedback and stay tuned!

Found 21 reviews