Mr Green Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.4
Jesper Kärrbrink

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Not recommended at all"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sliema (Malta)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sliema (Malta)

I worked at Mr Green full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, fruits, sea view. But certainly not the money....

Cons

It teaches you how to be very patient. It teaches you how to deal with incompetent and useless people. Your work impacts the real world, the company is big and growing way too fast. However, there are some interesting people in certain department.
    The company has grown very fast and it has caused many gaps that have been filled with hurry and without attention; every internal process is quicly outdated, which is very surprising and frustrating, since you're there to work in a "startup environment"; and there is a lot of bureaucracy that results in even more frustration for the employees. There are many management positions occupied by 'friends of' who are obviously really incompetent but the system they have created makes it impossible to point them out. They are all friends with each other and defend each other when necessary. They have created a pyramid of people who do not know how to do their job but who can't be fired, it looks like a big joke. Reminds me of 'House of Cards'...

Advice to Management

Someone should really take a deep look into the people who are in positions of power and make a clean up. Especially in Operations

2. "5 years later and I still love it!"

I have been working at Mr Green full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for a bit more than 5 years and I loved it when I started 5 years ago in Customer Service and I love it now 5 years later.

As a company, Mr Green is fun and entertaining and the management truly cares for the employees. It is great to work for a company with the employee and the customer in focus at all times and I feel honored working here.

In addition to a management that cares for their employees, I also would like to mention the responsible gaming approach Mr Green has in its Green Gaming. The Green Gaming concept is one of the main reasons I am working with Mr Green!

Cons

There are no cons. Mr Green is great.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Continue to care for your employees and customers :) Continue to invest in Green Gaming!

10 Dec, 2018 – Head of Talent

Thank you for your great, positive contribution to Mr Green! Keep up the good work :)

3. "6 years at Mr Green"

I have been working at Mr Green full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing team of dedicated colleagues make this a great place to work! Approachable management team - working together towards a shared goal

Cons

Accelerated Growth - Makes perfect business sense but as long as we don’t lose the family culture

6 Dec, 2018 – Head of Talent

Thank you for your 6 years at Mr Green, keep up the great work!

4. "Innovative casino website but sadly an awful work place"

Former Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Sliema (Malta)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Sliema (Malta)

I worked at Mr Green full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay (arrives mostly in time), adequate training, mostly nice colleagues (excl. management), "beer fridays" and occasionally free food, plus a PS4 (which most people never get a chance of playing thanks to long shifts / high workload).

Cons

Behind the scences the company is a total mess imho! Swedish staff dominate management as it's a Swedish company; huge amount of staff turnover - hardly anyone in CS lasts more than 1 year! People are constantly monitored + pushed so that many feel like prisoners! A phony climate that is dominated by insecurity, lack of support as well as a lack of transparency. Last, the MrG bonus scheme is utter nonsense and personal preferences determine the amount of bonus paid (as well as promotions granted)

Advice to Management

Provide proper guidance to staff as well as a clear path of career progression; realistic workload for ALL teams and not just some (e.g. Norway, Finland + Sweden). Stick to your promise of having a "flat hierarchy" and allow different tiers of management to cooperate with another (and not just to pass orders from top to bottom)

11 Jan, 2019 – Head of Talent

Thank you for your feedback.
    We're doing our best to build a positive working environment, in which we also offer many career opportunities. In fact, every 4th role in Mr Green got filled... More

5. "Bad Management!"

I worked at Mr Green full-time

Pros

Some fun at work, nice colleague!

Cons

Management & HR are worsts in terms of treating their employees, if their requirement got changed then they will kick you out immediately (within an hour).

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and treat in a good way!

6. "Bad Managment Decisions, High labour turnover"

I worked at Mr Green full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company invests in its people and made me feel valued. Praise is given at the monthly Good Morning MrGreen even if the month was not as good as expected. The company invests in its managers through its Stardust project and monthly mentoring. CS also have their own ultimate journey. There are also sports and voluntary sponsorship programs to help employees achieve their dreams.

Cons

Major discrepancies between teams- some totally relaxed, and well remunerated, other teams under staffed, stressed, demotivated and tired resulting in high labour turnover.

Bad management decisions- investing in things that are immaterial. Although employees enjoy the parties, the breakfasts and travel, they prefer to have a good work life balance and work from home option especially if have a family, or long commute.

The company structure is also very complex, the systems used for certain teams are obsolete, complicated and very manual. Rather than investing in its existing systems and making sure that they are functioning well, the company keeps investing in new projects, and entering into new markets. This I felt was creating a lot of confusion and frustration among employees, resulting in many leaving.

Advice to Management

With the acquisition of Mr Green, I think there will be a major overhaul in the company, how it is managed and probably also in its systems. I hope Mr Green gets better systems and structures in place to deal with its larger customer base and wish the people who work their the best of luck!

6 Dec, 2018 – Head of Talent

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am happy you see our positive initiatives and things we can still improve.
    Thank you for your time with Mr Green and all the best in all your future... More

7. "People make the culture"

I worked at Mr Green full-time

Pros

A positive and engaging work environment, with diverse colleagues in all departments and level of management.

Cons

They pay a fair wage and don't compromise to overcome temporary hiring challenges.

10 Dec, 2018 – Head of Talent

Thank you for your review and for your time at Mr Green!

8. "Great company with great career opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sliema (Malta)

I have been working at Mr Green full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great people
    - Lots of growth opportunities
    - Professional, but relaxed organisation

Cons

Nothing to complain about really.

10 Dec, 2018 – Head of Talent

Thank you for your positive feedback - keep up the great work! Lovely to have you on board in the team

9. "Customer Support"

Current Employee - CS in Mosta (Malta)
    Current Employee - CS in Mosta (Malta)

I have been working at Mr Green full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A very friendly based company with staff well looked after. The goals are often communicated clearly and I think this is a good company to make friends and develop as a person.

Cons

Not much of a con just more interaction with other departments such as the leadership course which is very clever and a nice touch

Advice to Management

Always keep rewarding hard work :)

10 Dec, 2018 – Head of Talent

Thank you for your positive feedback and for your time with Mr Green - keep up the great work!

10. "Verification Agent"

Current Employee - KYC/GGC Specialist in Sliema (Malta)
    Current Employee - KYC/GGC Specialist in Sliema (Malta)

I have been working at Mr Green full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel, health and dental insurance. Daily breakfasts. Newly renovated offices. The majority of the people are nice.

Cons

The company has become too big since merging with another company. Hence it is harder for personal work to be noticed, harder to get promoted and the feeling that work in operations is being done without being praised is discouraging.

Advice to Management

Operations Management has been the same for too long. It is as if they themselves have no ambition to grow. Instead they stopped at that level. As a result, only their ideas go. They listen to other ideas but still only their ideas take life in the end. Customer Support is not that great. The service offered to clients needs improvement.

21 Aug, 2018 – Talent Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it a lot!
    We are doing our best to recognize all employees individually but of course it is getting more difficult as our company grows. We have though... More