Morgan McKinley Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.3
Morgan McKinley CEO Aldagh McDonogh
Aldagh McDonogh
Pros
Cons
  • "There can be a high turnover within the company and management is sometimes slow to act(in 19 reviews)

• "Still a lot more room to implement even more flexible working arrangements to improve work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

1. "Excellent Organisation!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Credit to an excellent leadership team of Associate Managers and Directors who have created a fantastic, collaborative and fun culture at MM. Like all businesses, there will be ups and downs and people will always want things that they cannot always have, however Morgan McKinley do their very best to accommodate and more importantly listen to everyone. Recent things like work-space benches, coffee machines, daily... fruit, as well as fun boards for month / quarter end wraps and never ending incentives. Recruitment is tough and some days it's a drag coming to work, but coming to work around high performing, ethical and great people is always a plus! MM is definitely an innovative, boutique feel with a large infrastructure and is going places in 2020! The Director team are doing a great job in working with the junior managers and also listening to the consultants, assessing training needs and really investing in their staff. Looking forward to more success next year!!

Cons

Occasionally too many incentives!!! ;)

Advice to Management

Keep the high energy, keep the fun culture and keep listening to what people want. It's no surprise that we have had very few leavers and only to in-house roles. There is a reason we are attracting from the competition and not losing people to the competition. We invest when we need to invest and are market leaders in the spaces we are in. You set good examples but also work with no hierarchy. Yes, we know you... are the bosses of the company but it does not always feel that way (in a good way!) and this is something a number of consultants have said is great about this business. I am proud to work for such a values driven organisation who treat your staff with the upmost respect! Go MM!!

Morgan McKinley2019-09-19
  2. "Morgan McKinley"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People, social events, office, flexible working conditions

Cons

Money, benefits, promotional opportunities, training

Advice to Management

Pay better and promote from within

Morgan McKinley2019-09-19
  3. "Working in MMK Singapore"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

If you're looking for a company who values their employee's opinions and welfare, a MD that encourages you to work hard and play hard, a manager who genuinely cares about your career progression and well being, team mates that help each other, and colleagues who feel like family, then MMK is the place to be!!

Cons

Systems can be quite slow sometimes, but nothing IT helpdesk can't fix!

Morgan McKinley2019-09-04
  4. "Morgan Mckinley Sydney is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Morgan Mckinley Sydney is a great place to work. The business has the best of both worlds by uniquely combining the benefits of working in a big company and a boutique agency! MMK has strong leadership with a fun twist - management are approachable, driven and supportive. Contagious energy! The business is really built on twin pillars of support and autonomy - whichever you might want/need at any given... moment, it is there. There are long-standing relationships across the business which everyone wants to share. A collective ‘one team’ mentality is very apparent. The onboarding for new or junior consultants is among the most comprehensive you will find. Properly outlined career paths and milestones - titles actually mean something and are respected/rewarded. An adult environment, fun but not crazy (definitely not a boiler room!) everyone is very driven but enjoy a good work/life balance. Good incentives and benefits i.e. trips abroad, social drinks, charity days, 24 days holiday, flexible working etc.

Cons

None so far are apparent.

Advice to Management

Coordination of how the CRM is used across the business might help bring more value from it. Further collateral material showcasing all the great credentials/work that has been done.

Morgan McKinley2019-08-08
  5. "average recruitment firm"

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

very straight forward opportunities for growth. management was quite good where they treated everyone pretty fairly, and there wasn't much politics for the junior staff.

Cons

Everyone seems quite lackluster - just comes in, completes their work, and leaves. Not much motivation seen, where everyone seems to slide by with few high performers.

Morgan McKinley2019-08-19
  6. "I've been able to build a brand and establish myself in a space I am passionate about"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been promoted 4 times in 3 years. I have been able to host change specific events and publish articles in the space through the great platforms Morgan McKinley profers. The organisation rewards success and high performance but what underpins that is putting the Customer at the forefront of everything we do. Morgan McKinley truelly undoes the stigma in recruiting by firmly standing behind a set of principles... that means we don't place people in jobs but in teams and careers. I love the access we have to our two female MDs who are never too busy to lend you a moment of inspiration. .

Cons

Sometimes we are bound by our Global partners which makes change slower then we would like

Morgan McKinley2019-07-31
  7. "Working in Morgan McKinley Singapore"

Current Employee - Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture in Morgan McKinley Singapore is very collaborative, fun, and open to sharing - thanks to the MD, who makes it point to cultivate such values. The incentive schemes are attractive. There is a lot of trust placed by the management to the employees, resulting in good work-life balance and flexibility. Employee feedback is encouraged and valued. Definitely the place you'd want to be in if you... want to pursue Recruitment as a career.

Cons

There really are no cons.

Morgan McKinley2019-07-31

"Good place to work, nice people"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- nice team - flexibility - by and large, management are really nice

Cons

- confusing commission scheme which truthfully, isn't that competitive

Morgan McKinley2019-08-01
  9. "Great start @ Morgan McKinley!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Hong Kong

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

- New management strategy and direction is clear. - They mean what they say and most importantly, they do what they say. - It's a well-known brand in the market. - Awesome team culture and colleagues with people working towards the same goals/ outcome. - Supportive and collaborative environment - Awesome learning & development programme

Cons

- Some people are still trying to adjust to the new changes and leadership team (but they will get there!)

Advice to Management

As an experienced Consultant who is fairly new to MMK, I have really enjoyed my experience so far. To management, continue what you're doing and strive to make the changes/ improvement (hopefully) at a pace where everyone is able to keep up with. Bring on more people who embrace the new culture so that it'll permeate through the whole organisation.

Morgan McKinley2019-07-31
  10. "Inclusive, fun, professional business with strong united leadership at its core"

Current Employee - Executive Candidate Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Morgan McKinley part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training is ongoing and exhaustive. There is a continual program of training and development and it is a commitment taken really seriously. Career progression is well documented so that if goals are obtained advancement is systematic. It feels collaborative. The narrative is a positive one. Very collegiate and accepting. Lots of different backgrounds, agers and characters and everyone very positive and upbeat and... it appears that people really want others to succeed. A fun and varied rewards system of lunches and parties. There is a blend of part timers and parents and flex is afforded to anyone that can manage it. Where possible the business tries to support peoples outside interests of study, family and sport etc.

Cons

The teams diversity is becoming a better reflection of the market we serve with a mix of nationalities and cultures. There are now more than a couple of Aussies! I think this has really added a professionalism and feels more appropriate for the region we serve and our international candidates.

Advice to Management

Ensure the directors are providing adequate support to the MD's. There is a huge body of seniority, tenure, skill and knowledge and the directors could provide a strong line of support to the MD's.

Morgan McKinley2019-07-08