Morgan McKinley Recruitment Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Aug 1, 2019

4.1
Morgan McKinley CEO Aldagh McDonogh
Aldagh McDonogh

"Good place to work, nice people"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- nice team - flexibility - by and large, management are really nice

Cons

- confusing commission scheme which truthfully, isn't that competitive

Morgan McKinley2019-08-01

October 2, 2019Marketing Assistant

Thanks for your review, it's great to hear how positively you rate the team, flexibility and management at Morgan McKinley. We’ll be sure to feedback your advice to the local management team.

2. "Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Fantastic culture, working with great people who are genuinely good at what they do * Great place to develop and grow an early stage career * Amazing leadership team. The Sydney office has two inspiration female leaders who build strong relationships with everyone across the office and support all functions. * Lot's of learning and development sessions to get new starters up to scratch

Cons

Nothing, I loved working for Morgan Mckinley and would recommend it to anyone looking for a career in recruitment

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Morgan McKinley2019-04-29

May 2, 2019Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your review. We're really pleased to read about your experience working in our Sydney team, and how happy you would be to recommend us to others. We wish you all the best for the future.

3. "Great!!!.....until I couldnt get any support with poor management style and wasnt even offered an exit interview!!!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning opportunities Work life balance is purely down to your manager and their wants and needs. I was lucky. Great party's and opportunities to socialise. good bonus scheme for achievers. Parking paid for in city center. One of the better recruitment agencies.

Cons

No exit interview's and poor procedures No one approachable to turn to with management related issues No support with poor managers Had to chase for P45 details as emailed to internal morgan mckinley email

Advice to Management

Honestly review your team managers and offer exit interviews to all. Make yourselves more approachable.

Morgan McKinley2019-05-02

May 7, 2019Global Head of HR

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear the positives around what you enjoyed in Morgan McKinley. I am surprised and dissapointed to hear that you had some issues that you feel were not addressed here. Our policy is to complete exit interviews with all departing employee, if you did not have the opportunity I apologise and would be grateful if you could get in touch with me to discuss your feedback in confidence. Many thanks, Helen Gallagher 01 4321555 hgallagher@morganmckinley.ie

4. "Very global and progressive working environment, with healthy balance of freedom and support."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tokyo

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Global Support Network. Experienced managers who believe in mentoring - invest a lot of time and effort when people are starting out. Growing office so opportunities for progression Individuals are encouraged to build their own markets and business. As long as you are working hard and contributing to the business and the brand, managers give a lot of freedom with less focus on KPIs. Good commissions. Open... and relaxed working environment. Good team work. Flexible working arrangements.

Cons

Still a lot more room to implement even more flexible working arrangements to improve work/life balance.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, do not allow this to have a negative impact on the culture and the values of the company.

Morgan McKinley2019-03-05

March 14, 2019Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your feedback, which has been great for us to read! It's fantastic to hear all the positive experiences you're having in our Tokyo office, and we appreciate your 'what-outs' for the future. Wishing you a long and happy career at MMK.

5. "Best recruitment consltancy in Ireland"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had the amazing opportunity to work in Morgan Mckinley. It was one of the best experience in the recruitment consultancy that I have ever had. I worked in the IT team. I work with passionate, enthusiastic and smart people. The manager was brilliant. He was very involved with the team and kept an amazing atmosphere between us.

Cons

I would expect a better package from a company like Morgan McKinley (health and dental insurance, work from home, etc). Other than that, there are no red flags.

Advice to Management

None - Keep the good work!

Morgan McKinley2019-02-23

March 4, 2019Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your fantastic feedback! We're so pleased to read about your positive experience working in our Dublin office. We are continuously looking at ways to improve, and our benefits offering is high on our agenda. We wish you all the very best for the future.

6. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team environment, competitive salary and commission structure, clear and defined targets and expectations, strong direction and advice from senior members of staff, excellent platform for experienced recruiters or sales individuals

Cons

somewhat rigid promotion structure, could consider less tangible achievements

Advice to Management

More structured training for new joiners

Morgan McKinley2018-08-22

August 24, 2018Global Learning and Development Manager

Thank you for your insight and feedback. We have recently rolled out our improved on-boarding programme in the UK. Its a mix of online learning, face to face training, at desk and peer learning. We have also incorporated a structured road map for new starters with a number of check-in points with our people team and leadership to ensure new starters are set up for success and fully supported. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss in more detail with you, please reach out to me.

7. "Great Experience but need to look at Retention Strategy"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people here are the reason I stayed for the few months that I did. Its the culture that keeps people interested. Everyone was so helpful and its a great brand to have on your cv

Cons

The wrong people are being put in leadership roles. There is a real culture of micromanagement. Managers feel pressurized and are afraid of performance issues or high turnover so they control their team. Any issues raised are brushed under the carpet and this is why people leave.

Advice to Management

Seriously consider who you promote to management level. Ensure that they are leaders and know how to motivate their staff not push them away

Morgan McKinley2018-03-16

April 3, 2018Global Head of HR

Many thanks for your review. I'm keen to understand your feedback in more detail. please contact me confidentially at hgallagher@morganmckinley.ie

8. "Decent Learning"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good foundation for those who wish to enter recruitment

Cons

Be more transparent on certain information

Morgan McKinley2017-12-26
  9. "First Year in Morgan McKinley"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent Training, Good Support Network, Friendly Atomosphere

Cons

Some policies should be gotten rid of. Doesn't allow you to be successful in the first year, No health insurance

Advice to Management

All perm employees should have perm health care cover after 6 months probation

Morgan McKinley2017-11-13

November 14, 2017Global Head of HR

Hi there - thanks for your valued review. It's great to hear your positive feedback about the training, support network and atmosphere in the office. In relation to your comments around policies and benefits - I would be delighted to have a confidential conversation with you to explore your feedback. Please drop me a line if you would like to discuss this further. Thanks, Helen.

10. "A good place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good Management leadership - Always open to new ideas - Good Work life balance

Cons

- Incentives can be but better

Advice to Management

- A bit of change in technology

Morgan McKinley2017-11-12

November 15, 2017Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your feedback, it's great to read your views on our management and culture. We wish you a long and successful career.

Found 49 reviews