Moovweb Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jul 2, 2020

3.7
Moovweb CEO & Founder Ajay Kapur (no image)
Ajay Kapur
Pros
  • "They have a nicely stocked kitchen and treat the employees to a company outing every quarter or so(in 7 reviews)

• "Good benefits, some decent perks(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Overall I am very happy but, if I had to choose something, I would say my biggest complaint is not having a good work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

• "Lack of direction from upper management leaves no one stirring the ship(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fast moving, great culture and people,"

Current Employee - Business Operations

I have been working at Moovweb full-time for less than a year

Pros

An exciting product with a great roadmap. Great culture and people where personal growth and work life balance is valued. Good benefits and perks. Unlimited PTO.

Cons

Fast moving company, and with it comes constant change and new challenges, but this is part of the start up lifestyle

2. "Fast Growing Company"

4.0

I have been working at Moovweb full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hardworking and Passionate people in the company. Health benefits are great. Great fit for folks in tech to work on latest technologies. Great work life balance with flexible hours and unlimited PTO.

Cons

Most of the work is client facing with internal team distributed around the world. If you like consulting this could be a great fit.

"Best Job. Most growth in shortest time in my career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moovweb full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would consider myself a driven individual and it really pays off at Moovweb. I have seen other driven individuals have the same success. There is plenty of space to fill and grow into new areas and we are encouraged to grow. CEO has actually said "If you hit a point where you are not growing and Moovweb does not have the space for you to grow then we will applaud as venture to your next endeavor." "Choosing Growth over Comfort" is the first principle we have and it is brought up regularly. So if you are looking to make impactful changes and grow in your career then working at Moovweb is a great fit. The team I work on is very motivated and passionate about their work while maintaining a humble mindset. We work hard to communicate effectively and give each other respect. I love my team and the amount of trust is great and ever increasing. Management cuts through fluff very well and is very good at keeping a high level view, staying focussed on our goals. I have a lot of respect for every manager I have worked with so far and have learned many things from each one along the way. They have all recognized my efforts and the efforts of others and made them public, sharing encouraging words and thoughtful remarks. There is a good work/life balance especially for a start up. You are expected to perform your duties and if you are not able to then you are put on a path to make you successful. If you are sacrificing your time outside of expected work hours you are often recognized for caring about your team and your company (another principle). Many of us work remote and this allows for deeper concentration as well as the ability to take care of normal life events with flexibility. We are treated with respect and trust The hours don't really matter as long as you contribute. The pay is great, the fully stocked kitchen is great, HR is great, Christmas party is great (as well as all the other company events), unlimited PTO is great, transparency is great and continues to improve when simply asked for.

Cons

Regular start up stuff. non matching 401k. Make it or break it moments.

Continue reading

"One of the best work environments, challenging, growth oriented, and very little bureaucracy"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Moovweb full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was planning on taking several months off between jobs and was turning down recruiters left and right. I had set, or so I thought, ridiculously high standards for where I wanted to work next. I figured that would give me some time off and if something did come along that met those criteria I would be willing to go back to work. Unfortunately, that didn't last long; someone told me about Moovweb—it met ALL of my criteria, so I had to at least investigate. I had an extremely positive impression of the company and the executive team after interviewing—shockingly so. The work seemed interesting and challenging. After working here for some time, I can confidently say, my initial impression has been further confirmed. What makes Moovweb different? In short, they score high in pretty much every category that matters to me. It's one of those rare planets all aligning once in a thousand years kind of things. There is tremendous growth opportunity. Both from an organizational perspective, and as an opportunity to learn and grow my skillset. Moovweb has some of the most talented people I have worked with and there is much to learn from each other. There is a lot of diversity of experience and ideas. This can sometimes lead to passionate debates but everyone has the same goal and approaches things with an open mind. Despite the occasional disagreement I have tremendous respect for my coworkers and feel they have the same respect for me. It is through these debates that the best solutions are found and I often learn something new. Teamwork and inter-department workflows feel efficient, cohesive, and smooth. I feel valued and appreciated. The company focuses on getting results and doesn't get in your way with bureaucracy, procedures, excessive meetings, and silly things that prevent you from doing your best work. They are open to suggestions and I feel like my feedback and suggestions are seriously considered. Being results oriented means they are flexible when it comes to vacation and work hours. As long as you get your work done nobody cares how long you are in the office, if you come into the office, or if you want to take some time off. Compensation is excellent. Sometimes I feel pressured to choose between somewhere I would rather work and a place that pays more. This wasn't the case at all with Moovweb. The compensation is on the higher end of the market. The work is challenging and engaging. This is important to be in "Flow" (Csikszentmihalyi). That is actually one of the official company values (flow) and something I find very rewarding at the company. It's rare that a company optimizes for it. They actually do care about this. The product requires solutions to hard problems. I love working on these kinds of solutions. It's not perfect, but it's the best I have come across so far at any startup.

Cons

Overall I am very happy but, if I had to choose something, I would say my biggest complaint is not having a good work/life balance. I know this is typical for startups but it seems like Moovweb requires more hours than most. I feel ok making this sacrifice though because of the personal growth that comes out of it, the excellent compensation, and the flexibility to take time off when I need it. I don't mind temporary hardship if it makes me a stronger person. Part of being growth oriented means always setting high standards. Most of the expectations seem appropriate but I feel some of them are unrealistic or in areas I don't have any desire to grow in (managerial aspects). It can be a source of stress but it is pretty minor. More of a nit, but the code linting is overly aggressive and pointless for many of the rules. It's the exception. It's an annoying child that whines incessantly when everything doesn't go its way and prevents you from getting your job done. Seriously, who would put a comma there if they weren't forced to, and why are you wasting my time with it? Linting to catch potential errors is great, but I wish it would just shut up about things that don't matter.

Continue reading

"Great employer with fantastic coworkers"

Current Employee - Senior Front End Engineer

I have been working at Moovweb full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with Moovweb for about two years, and I can't say enough good things about how impressive the whole experience has been. The work is exciting and engaging, the team is very talented and full of top-notch people, and there are lots of opportunities for growth at many different levels. The company seems to be on an upward trajectory, and there is a lot to be excited about as far as long-term prospects go. Perhaps most importantly, I've been very impressed at how management treats their employees like adults. There is a high level of respect for everybody's opinions and personal lives, and work-life balance is very good. Management is also very transparent, which breeds trust among the team.

Cons

Some of the benefits (health care plan, no 401k match) are lacking a bit, but that's to be expected from a smaller startup. There are still other solid benefits, including the uncapped PTO and the fully-stocked kitchen.

"Incompetent Management"

2.0

I worked at Moovweb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart co-workers, good snacks, interesting challenges, beer always available.

Cons

Tough work/life balance. Management was unable to execute and repeatedly failed.

Moovweb Response

June 7, 2016VP, Finance and People

Thank you for your review. I agree that we have a smart group of people and a well stocked kitchen. I actually think we have a great work life balance, we have unlimited vacation, flexible work hours, and a reasonable work from home policy. Sometimes there are deadlines that require us to work later than usual, but on average I think it evens out to a normal 40 hour work week. We have recently hired some additions to our management team that I think will greatly improve our execution and leadership.

"Poor leadership kills potential"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Moovweb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall nice colleagues, most people really care about what they're working on, and are relaxed and fun individuals. They have a nicely stocked kitchen and treat the employees to a company outing every quarter or so. Pretty good benefits.

Cons

The management in Client Services is pretty awful. The tone of the company is being redefined by some recent, key hires and it's not moving in the right direction. The tech industry is too competitive an arena to be treating employees like crap, and this is causing turnover to increase rapidly. Not respectful of work/life balance, and there's no recognition when you do your job well.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Mobile Web Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moovweb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots to learn, consumer facing products, innovative technology, good benefits, unlimited vacation policy, competitive salary, free food and drink, game room, free beer. Culture is great, lots of young, talented, eager professionals who like to work hard and have fun.

Cons

Work life balance could be improved - but that's kind of expected at a growing and profitable startup. Would be nice to have a stipend for training to keep skills relevant.

"Good place to start work for young fresh engineers looking for their first job in tech."

Former Employee - Mobile Web Developer in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Moovweb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Light, fun atmosphere. Intelligent staff that is usually collaborative. Given the right attitude, drive and determination, opportunities for growth and development of skills and positions are there. Good benefits, some decent perks.

Cons

Consistently shifting priorities from upper management, transparency issues, some concerns about decision making abilities and micro management. Poor work life balance. Hours can be very taxing and deadlines extremely tight, which ends up burning out employees. Consistently "putting out fires" instead of having time to improve over all processes and procedures to prevent them from happening in the first place. Staff is underpaid, but raises do come with consistency if you prove your mettle.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.