MongoDB "mongodb" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

MongoDB Employee Reviews about "mongodb"

Updated Feb 11, 2020

4.6
MongoDB CEO Dev Ittycheria
Dev Ittycheria
Pros
  • "hard work for my favorite company MongoDB(in 75 reviews)

• "Most importantly the work/life balance is amazing(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons of working at MongoDB(in 26 reviews)

• "There a lot of demands on your time so you need to work hard on maintaining a good work/life balance(in 22 reviews)

Reviews about "mongodb"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I would highly recommend MongoDB"

Current Employee - Customer Success in New York, NY

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for less than a year

Pros

MongoDB truly values employees and encourages growth within the company.

Cons

I haven't found any yet!

MongoDB2020-02-11
  2. "Great place to grow and have impact"

Current Employee - Vice President Labs in Sydney

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

MongoDB has grown rapidly over the five years I've worked here, both in staff numbers and in the maturity of the product offering. Likewise I seen many people start their careers and use MongoDB as a launchpad for their own growth. The company culture is supportive and encourages introspection backed by a transparent, open executive team. MongoDB's products have global reach and help manage data for many of the world's most dynamic companies, so there are plenty of opportunities to have impact by adding features, improving quality or making products easier to use.

Cons

Head office is in New York, which is a long way from Sydney. Some roles involve moderate amounts of travel, which is either a pro or a con depending on your point of view. Likewise for morning meetings.

MongoDB2020-02-03
  3. "Best job I've had in my 10 year career"

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The room to grow myself and my career is what drew me to MongoDB and has stayed true my entire time here. I'm surrounded by super smart people with always interesting work to dig into. Most importantly the work/life balance is amazing.

Cons

Project stress can sometimes get really high, but a lot of that is self imposed wanting to produce the best end result.

MongoDB2020-01-24
  4. "Passionate People, Challenging and Interesting Work"

Current Employee - Product Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People at MongoDB tend to be genuinely interested in their areas of work and learning, I've found it to be a culture of collaboration vs. competition. MongoDB has a self-starter culture and there are lots of opportunities to take on new, challenging work. While we're growing, there's still not too much bureaucracy and projects tend to move fast and flexibly. Execs are open and approachable which provides great opportunities to make your voice heard and learn from some truly impressive leaders.

Cons

Some of the perks are still catching up to what you might see at a larger company – but overall things are pretty good, this has improved a lot over the past few years.

MongoDB2020-01-24
  5. "JOD"

Former Employee - Former in London, England

I worked at MongoDB full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

hard work for my favorite company MongoDB

Cons

I LOVE MONGO DB COMPANY

MongoDB2020-01-21

"MongoDB will prepare you for success!"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Austin, TX

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for less than a year

Pros

MongoDB goes above and beyond towards investing in their employees. Bootcamps, Buddy Systems, Ample Ramp Time, On-demand training courses, and above all, a highly collaborative and encouraging group of people.

Cons

Lack of 401k Matching, but the ESPP program is arguably better in my opinion.

MongoDB2020-01-15
  7. "It has been a career changing move for me"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Services Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What I have been able to achieve for my personal growth within MongoDB may not have been possible at any other company. I have been here for 4 years now, and I can't remember a single boring week. It's almost a new challenge everyday. The company is growing so fast that constant learning for any employee is a basic necessity. Two strong aspects are definitely its product offerings and talent. Management is cooperative and open to new ideas. Low ego to talent ratio is a norm which makes everyone comfortable and excited to learn more and perform better. (It's actually put in job descriptions) Technical Services at MongoDB is a part of MongoDB Engineering and helps customers with their complex MongoDB deployments. This part of the organisation has a significant impact on the overall business. People in TS always have a diverse background, and the skills are generally spread across the technology stack with additional expertise in MongoDB ecosystem. Given this, constant learning in technology areas of your choice are always encouraged and supported.

Cons

The personal worth in terms of skillsets keeps increasing but leaving the company becomes a little difficult given there are only limited organisations which can offer similar benefits.

MongoDB2020-01-18
  8. "Excellent place to work & grow"

Current Employee - Strategic Events Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture at MongoDB is very much one that is focused on nurturing talented, hardworking individuals both within the company and in their overall career development. They care about their people and do a pretty good job of recognizing those that go above and beyond in their respective roles. The fact that it is easy to see how my individual role and responsibilities lend to larger departmental and organizational goals is a strong motivator.

Cons

We are a high-growth, extremely fast-paced organization which while not necessarily a con, can sometimes take a toll on a person and requires a certain type of individual to maintain on a consistent basis. Thankfully, at least for me personally, this fact is not ignored on a micro level, and management does a pretty good job of being sensitive to that fact when vacation or personal time is needed in order to recharge & push forward. To this point, I do feel that certain roles are maybe not compensated as fairly based on workloads and responsibilities.

MongoDB2020-01-16
  9. "Love working at MongoDB!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging, fast paced, rewarding... these are just a few words to describe why I love working at MongoDB. I've been here just over two years now and am so happy to be working for such a great company!

Cons

I don't feel as though there are any major cons to mention.

MongoDB2020-01-13
  10. "Mongo best for big database"

Current Employee - Web in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Performance, Flexibility, Scalability, High Speed, Simplicity

Cons

MongoDB is not relational so you lose all the capabilities of relational databases.

MongoDB2019-12-13