MoneyLion Reviews

Found 93 of over 102 reviews

4.1
MoneyLion CEO and Co-Founder Dee Choubey
Dee Choubey
Pros
  • "MoneyLion takes good care of their employees and provides a lot of opportunities for their employees to grow(in 10 reviews)

• "Flexible working hours, ability work from home (especially during covid)(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains and lack of communication(in 5 reviews)

• "The engineering team has some teams based in Malaysia and some teams based in the US(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

88 Comments

Finance

29.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=MoneyLion~1053194
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Creative team with a shared vision

Mar 27, 2021 - Product Designer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

This team has the best product in my 5 years of experience. Requests like "I want the customers to feel the warmth when they see this", or "Let's make this process simpler so that more customers can have access to this feature" are common during design meetings. Plus, the team is growing fast so it cares more about personality than current skillsets, therefore it is good for people who has the energy and will to master new tools and craft

Cons

You will need to be adapt to learning stuff, which could mean extra time investment and pressure

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

The Best IT Company in KL

Jan 19, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Kuala Lumpur
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic working environment. Management listens to feedback from employees.

Cons

Congested small office, pantry doesn't have enough snacks and tea/coffee :(

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A Curtian that hides managements it's true intention

Jan 15, 2022 - Front End Developer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Decent Work/life Balance * Pay is good * Great immediate manager

Cons

* Managed by former wall street executives. They tend to put "I care about you" face when two months later they will do a round of layoffs. * The company tends to hide its overall health, it was through outside sources that I found out that company was not doing good. * Higher management will not tell you if your department is not performing. They will get your excited about a new project until the next week it will cut you off. * If a higher level manager decides to leave, that whole department underneath them get's let go. * Depressing environment I also wrote this review two years later because my severance packages said "Must not do any action that will change the look of the company".

4. 5.0

Amazing Place to Work At

Sep 25, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Cutting-edge technologies - Best Environment ever - Great opportunity to grow - helpful team members

Cons

- Nothing for now, really amazing company

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Working life at Moneylion

Oct 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

opportunities to learn, good compensation

Cons

bad work life balance, lack of leadership

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Growing company working to address important problems in the financial landscape

Sep 8, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Growing company making excellent progress. I achieved and learned as much in my first 6 months at MoneyLion as I did in my first 2 years working at a more traditional financial institution. There's tons of room for growth here as we work to expand * Has handled the pandemic situation quite well the past year and a half. I felt supported by my company to do my work well in a difficult time

Cons

* The engineering team has some teams based in Malaysia and some teams based in the US. While these teams work independently of each other in the day to day, these teams do integrate which requires excellent async communication skills and occasional meetings outside of the standard 9-5 * Since the company is a quickly moving startup, vision can change suddenly.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Good engineering culture

Aug 26, 2021 - Software Engineer in Kuala Lumpur
      Business Outlook

Pros

- WFH since MCO - Decent compensation package - Good engineering culture and talented colleagues

Cons

- Because the business is based in US, you may have to coordinate with US time zone every now and then.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great

Jun 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, great salary, cool.

Cons

Nothing, working there is great

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Solid place to work. Has issues, but good long term outlook

May 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots of autonomy - Tons of smart people - Interesting problems to work on

Cons

- Can be hard to collaborate with the KL office - Can be disorganized

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not a good place to be.

Jun 3, 2021 - Other
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good projects to work on, autonomy, fast paced environment

Cons

A lot of cons. You will get burned out not only from the work load but from the political drama you need to put up with daily. Nobody in this company is professional and every person tries to out another. Lot of backstabbing. You will not be a fan of the leadership team. I think everyone is here to gain some experience straight from college to advance their careers elsewhere.

6 people found this review helpful