Molly Maid Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Aug 20, 2019

Found 156 reviews

Molly Maid CEO Mary Kay Liston
Mary Kay Liston
Pros
  • "Monday to Friday, No Evenings, No Weekends, Free car, Benefits(in 9 reviews)

• "flexible schedule ,weekly pay,tips,nice costumers, make your time if your partner contribute(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "No set schedule, no lunch break (eat between houses if you have time)(in 15 reviews)

• "it's pretty much minimum wage unless you half do the job to complete all of your assignments for the day to get decent pay check(in 11 reviews)

1. "Love the job"

Current Employee - Route Manager in Medicine Hat, AB

I have been working at Molly Maid full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Monday to Friday, No Evenings, No Weekends, Free car, Benefits. Fair pay

Cons

Not always off at same time, schedule can change on a dime.

Advice to Management

More careful with time for cleans

Molly Maid2018-08-28
  2. "Worst company ever"

Current Employee - Cleaners in Cambridge, ON

I have been working at Molly Maid full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No weekends. Stat holidays off.

Cons

Management treats you horribly. They over work you then when you get injured there is no compensation or understanding. If you are sick the owner shows up to your house to make sure you arent faking. Zero benefits.

Molly Maid2019-04-01
  3. "maid"

I worked at Molly Maid full-time

Pros

got raises fast, no weekends

Cons

not always off at the same time, often made to work evenings

Molly Maid2019-01-04
  4. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Route Manager in Burlington, ON

I have been working at Molly Maid full-time for more than a year

Pros

No evenings or weekends, weekly pay, steady full time work, car/drive, not in one building all day

Cons

You don’t get off at the same time every day.

Molly Maid2018-08-18
  5. "Awful"

Former Employee - Residential Cleaner

I worked at Molly Maid full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy job to get if you're desperate for money. Some great people to work with, IF management allows you to work with them. Some customers tip, which goes directly into your pocket.

Cons

No health benefits, ever. You have to wash their rags at your home. Management nit picks over the most ridiculous things. Commission based pay system. You get a raise at 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year (0.5% each time) and then you will never see another raise from - not even a cost of living increase.

Advice to Management

Pay people an hourly rate, loosen up a little and provide benefits to your employees. They work really hard for you and deserve to be taken care of.

Molly Maid2018-09-19
  6. "Alright"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS

I worked at Molly Maid full-time

Pros

Daily changing work environment. Potential tips.

Cons

Not paid hourly. Management blames employees for scheduling mistakes.

Molly Maid2018-05-24

"Route Manager"

Current Employee - Route Manager in Grande Prairie, AB

I have been working at Molly Maid full-time for less than a year

Pros

free use of company car, don't work weekends

Cons

- VERY hard work with low pay - paid per job not including travel time - high expectation for short timeframes to clean - high turnover rate of assistants - no benefits - pay stubs don't show anything other than hours worked/hourly wage when as route managers you get paid extra $0.45 per clean to do your laundry... and the hourly wage differs each week.

Advice to Management

Get benefits for your staff to show your appreciation for them as we work really hard and can't even get a massage. RAISE YOUR PERCENTAGES! That's why you have such a high turnover of staff due to the dirty busy work and low pay.

Molly Maid2018-05-06
  8. "Team Member"

Current Employee - Team Member in Langley, BC

I have been working at Molly Maid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Langley, BC Owner Cares about each individual employee. Communication and Safety are her biggest concerns starting at the interview process, threw the training and onto the job. She is persoanlly involved in employee training.Fully supportive and respectful of staff and clients...This owner has a very RARE business practice she CARES and appreciates her employees and as she cares for her staff we are can give so... much more to clients. Clients get the VERY BEST when the staff are cared for and fully supported first. These practices ARE what it really means to put the CLIENT first. Staff cannot give what they are not given. This owner Gives It! Does her best to book your jobs close together in distance so time spent driving is very, very minimal. You are picked up for work in a company car by the route manager expenses of gas, insurance are all paid by the company. Huge Pro with cost of gas and insurance in BC.

Cons

There aren't any. I have seen comments it's Hard work...Aren't all jobs in one form or another. Hard is work is good for the heart and soul.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing caring for your staff first. That is what gives us the gift to give our clients in a much larger way. It is what sets you apart from every other company.

Molly Maid2018-04-07
  9. "route manager"

I worked at Molly Maid full-time

Pros

Working hours 8am - 5pm

Cons

Hard dirty job, noone wants to do so assistants change on monthly basis

Molly Maid2018-03-20

"Not constructive dismissal by the skin of their teeth"

Former Employee - Route Manager in Saint John, NB

I worked at Molly Maid full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company car is the only good point.

Cons

Molly maid. Constructive dismissal After going back to work for these people I did everything. With next to no complaints. Three years. When they vacationed in Florida I made the drive from Saint John to Fredericton in storm weather in order for paperwork to be on time. To make sure the SJ girls had their schedules and Fredericton had their money. There were times when not driving in a snow storm wasn't an... option. You went to work or bosses hubby dumped all over you. Last August I woke up blind. Terrified. I called to tell the owner I couldn't go to work because I couldn't see. I had to go to the Ophthalmologist. Well , again, the hubby answered the phone, she was out, and proceeded to tell me how inconvenient it was of me be calling at 830 when my first clean was due to start at 9. I wake up blind and he's inconvenienced! Wow! Than he starts with "well now I'm going to have to come get the car" I replied with " ok, you have zero tact fred and I'm hanging up" After an trip emergency trip to Halifax to make sure my retinas hadn't detached and lasers for months and surgery planned for February I was given the ok to go back to work. A meeting was set because "there were things that needed to be discussed before I went back" first she took my title and demoted me back to assistant, took all my responsibilities away, I wouldn't be doing estimates any longer, and I was to watch my mouth when dealing with Frederictons secretary, who about as bright as a moonless night and likes to book cleans,for a city area she doesn't know, to close together so you don't have time to get there. So yes I'd lost it on her before but I always apologized. Anyway, as soon as I mentioned how much it sounded like constructive dismissal she of course claimed in no way was that what they were doing. So when I said sure that sounds fine. You can't touch my pay. At the time I was making 24%. The Monday arrived when I was to go back to work and that entire week she stuck a useless third girl on our route. Knocking everyone's pay to something like 14%. Tads! She screwed with my pay. The girl I trained months before who'd taken my job seemed to get in a huff when we'd get to a clients home for them to see me and say " put more work on that list Julie's back!" Or when I'd mention the many things shed missed. On Sunday morning I got a call from the owner asking how I thought my week back went. I'd mentioned the things that were missed or outright not done followed by " but that's not my job to point things out anymore so my week was fine" that's when I was told that Amy had said I wasn't doing as good a job as I could and the boss had decided to pay me my two weeks severance and I would be needed to return my shirts etc. Legal only by the skin of their teeth. I am very happy to be rid of Molly maid and they're horrible practice of ripping you off every chance they could get. For those who are still with them or are thinking about working for them watch your pay stub closely. Weathers it's hours, phone, Kms, gas, laundry or even vacation pay and paid holiday pay make sure you're getting all that's owed to you. There are many other companies who will treat you better than molly maid.

Molly Maid2017-07-14