Mojio Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Mojio Reviews

Updated 14 Jul 2019

3.7
Mojio CEO Kenny Hawk (no image)
Kenny Hawk
  1. Featured Review

"Best employer of my career so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mojio full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a company with momentum. I’ve never worked in a place with such clear goals that everyone understands and works towards. Sure, the goals are big and change from quarter to quarter, but that’s what keeps things interesting. The leadership team is decisive and motivated, and as an employee (and optionholder) that is exactly what I want to see. There is a culture here of individual responsibility. That’s not fluff; it really does feel like everyone has a real interest in moving the company forward rather than just being along for the ride. This one thing has a very big positive impact on the day-to-day work atmosphere. You would have to search very hard to find a Vancouver company that matches the perks that Mojio provides. Lunches, company outings, good vacation policy and big referral bonuses are some of them. The generous per-person budget for professional education is another. There is flexibility with work location and hours. All in all, I feel well taken care of. Career growth is super important to me, and I feel there are solid opportunities at Mojio. I know it’ll be up to me to carve out my own path and step up, but that’s what startup life is all about — there’s no defined ladder. In my time here (less than a year) I’ve seen a number of people take on new leadership positions, which is a great signal that Mojio promotes from within.

Cons

This is not a con, but it is something to keep in mind: Mojio is a startup. Like any startup, the pace is fast and priorities change often. Anyone joining Mojio should look forward to some uncertainty, because along with that goes the excitement of building something cool. The current Vancouver office (Howe Street) is a bit too small for the number of people working there, but that will change in July 2019 when we move to our new office.

Mojio2019-06-03

"Great Company"

in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mojio

Pros

Friendly coworkers. Lots of perks in the office, including catered lunch and snacks. The work environment is nice and the work is intellectually stimulating but not too overwhelming.

Cons

The organizational structure is a little too flat, sometimes it is difficult to find someone to report to.

Mojio2018-02-09
  3. "LOVE IT!!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mojio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Where do I begin??? Extremely supportive co--workers and management. Positive environment. Appreciation of you and your work. The best benefits ever given on the very first day you start. Catered lunch Monday to Friday. Livingroom with a TV. Fully stocked snacks/breakfast items. 4 weeks vacation. No strict hours. The office itself is amazing as well. Patio balconies. PROUD to be a part of this team.

Cons

I wish I lived closer to the office!

Mojio2017-08-29
  4. "Awesome company with great opportunities for growth and learning"

Current Employee - Platform Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mojio full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been recently hired at Mojio and the atmosphere in the company is far beyond my expectations. HR is supportive, management values the wellness of the employess, there are tons of opportunities to learn and engage in different projects. It's a place for people who want to grow both personally and professionaly. Finally, the benefits are outstanding, and in the Vancouver office, we have free lunch everyday.

Cons

If you're not a dynamic, focused employee, who is willing to learn new cutting-edge technologies, it might be difficult to adapt. If you're open to learning new things everyday. there are definitely no cons.

Mojio2017-07-30
  5. "Great Opportunity"

I have been working at Mojio full-time

Pros

Mojio is at the ground floor of an exciting opportunity to be a global success Mojio's stock options are likely to be very valuable - great incentive Very interesting sector and technology to grow with

Cons

Demands are high (see the Pros above to know why)

Mojio2017-03-08

"Company well positioned to be a market leader in a hot space"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mojio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management takes issues seriously. Has fixed broken people, processes and products after a challenging first few years of weak leadership. Has backing of top tier customers and investors. There are some really challenging technical problems and this is a great playground for anyone who likes solving tough engineering problems. Get to travel and work with people in Vancouver, Palo Alto and Europe - can't beat that

Cons

Company has too many opportunities and it takes a tremendous amount of discipline to remain focused. Good people in different locations, wish we could see each other more often.

Mojio2017-03-07

"Software Developer"

I worked at Mojio

Pros

Fast paced, good environment and interesting projects

Cons

The workplace is small for me. We need more tables.

Mojio2015-06-05

Mojio Response

March 6, 2017CEO

Consider coming back. We are hiring in Palo Alto, Prague and Vancouver and we have plenty of space, desks and great team members to collaborate with!

Continue reading

""Fun, challenging place to work with super smart people.""

Current Employee - Human Resources in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Mojio full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with Mojio for about a year now, and am very grateful to work here. You are empowered and expected to do your job to the fullest and further. If you're not, they will make sure that you have the tools to do so. Fantastic people to work with. Great leadership, collaborative, smart individuals and open environment to express opinions and an active work environment. Innovation is always at the forefront. + Very competitive SALARY, BONUS, STOCK OPTIONS. They pay their people well and make sure we are happy with what we have and are doing. + Very flexible with your schedule and allows one to have a fair balance between personal time and work. Freedom and responsibility at its finest. + The culture is open, discussions are welcome. Individual contributions are valued. +We've recently moved to Campbell Downtown, CA which makes the commute seem like a moon walk. +Prorated annual 4 week’s vacation. +Paid Christmas Shutdown. +Monthly $50 HAS expense reimbursed. +Mojio celebrates 12 National Holiday. This year we had 3 days off for Independence day because it was on Wednesday. +Monthly Phone bill covered +Great company events, lunches, snacks and beverages. +Free parking

Cons

Of course there is no perfect place but there are no major Cons.

Mojio2018-11-03

"Epic Growth and Opportunity but it is how well the employees are treated that is keeping me here!"

I have been working at Mojio full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can do the research on our unprecedented growth with T-Mobile and several other carriers in Canada and Eastern Europe, how well funded we are and our top notch exec team! Below is what I have to say: Reason I am staying at Mojio: 1) Mojio is generous with their stock options 2) 4 weeks vacation where a portion of unused vacation is paid out at end of year 3) 10% bonus (you gotta earn it, but it is there for the taking) 4) This year we had a paid Christmas shutdown 5) More holidays than most companies (never had Presidents Day or MLK Day off until now) 6) Reimbursed of fitness/health oriented items like gym memberships, personal training, etc and of course tuition reimbursement for advanced learning 7) All sorts of office perks (great coffee, catered food, company events, etc.) 8) Excellent benefits and salary Due to our huge growth of course we have to work hard and sometimes put in long hours but the above listed items shows Mojio is willing to compensate for hard work and more importantly provide opportunities for time off or personal growth. One final note, I had a family emergency to deal with and the outpouring of support from the team including a personal call from the CEO where he stated anything I needed to help would be provided, has solidified that I am in the right place!

Cons

Of course there is no perfect place but there are no major Cons. One item of concern is that the VP's have a lot of direct reports. Ultimately, there needs to be a little more middle management HOWEVER, middle management heavy organizations are not as productive and profitable and Mojio is more focussed on hiring engineers to support our rapid growth.

Mojio2018-03-22

"Not for the weak hearted"

I have been working at Mojio full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Amazing growth opportunities - Product development and outlook is pretty good - Monetary compensation, workspace and benefits are good - Fun outings with the team. We also get VIP tickets to events in Vancouver and Palo Alto

Cons

- Not losing the weak links quick enough. Makes it tough for the others who are in it to win - Uncontrolled growth - Need to have planned for it to be incident-free

Mojio2017-10-15