Mobify Reviews

Updated Apr 28, 2020

4.2
Mobify CEO Igor Faletski
Igor Faletski
Pros
  • "Great culture, people are friendly and have a real team mentality(in 6 reviews)

• "Excellent work life balance in a high profile office right downtown(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company's top-down management approach leads to low morale, no trust and frustrated employees(in 5 reviews)

• "Even the challenging times in the past have been handled by the leadership team with integrity and class, so no cons really come to mind(in 4 reviews)

1. "Incredible company culture"

I have been working at Mobify full-time

Pros

Mobify is truly an excellent place to work for the culture that they create for us. They value diversity and are willing to take the opinions of employees when making decisions.

Cons

There are none that I can think of!

"Keep being amazing!"

I worked at Mobify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Amazing people to work with - Great benefits - Opportunities to grow in your career - Access to great customer and partner opportunities - Ability to make change within an organization

Cons

- Need to hire and invest more into product teams - Choose between services or a true product company

"Once a Great Company"

Former Employee - People and Operations

I worked at Mobify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There were and are some really great people that work at Mobify. It was one of the best jobs I've ever had...until it wasn't. Benefits/perks are good. The company retreat was a blast!

Cons

You've seen half of your staff leave due to poor decision-making and low morale. There was a period of time where it felt like every week several people were leaving the company for better opportunities. It wasn't even addressed at All Hands or anything. You have an office that's one one of the most expensive corners of Vancouver, yet it's half empty and depressing.

Continue reading
  4. "Ideal work environment"

I have been working at Mobify full-time

Pros

- There are lots of aspect that I like about working for Mobify. First and foremost are the people who work at Mobify. These individuals are friendly, supportive, motivating, mentoring, hardworking, and much more. Mobify provides its employees with numerous opportunities for growth and development throughout your time here. The company has strong proven leaders who adapt quickly to change and always like to stay one step ahead. Lastly, the office space is beautiful and in an ideal location which all together makes coming to work enjoyable everyday.

Cons

- I really can't think of any Cons about working for Mobify. Mobify is ahead of the market for Progressive Web App (PWA) technology; however, the market for PWAs is only becoming more and more popular which will only benefit Mobify in the long run.

"Weak Leadership"

2.0

I worked at Mobify full-time

Pros

Great culture. It's really at the core of the company, and it's the main reason people stay working here. By far the best culture I've ever worked in.

Cons

The company has drastically shrunk in size over the last few years, with multiple rounds of layoffs. The leadership team is really out of their depth. There have been lots of management mistakes that have cost the company dearly. They have one of the most expensive offices in the city, and it's half empty. The founders did a great job at getting a small startup off the ground. But they are definitely not suited to running an enterprise company. Through a very difficult few years, it's surprising that they haven't been replaced yet. This seems to be a common opinion among the team.

September 18, 2018CEO

Hey - thanks for the shout outs to the Mobify culture. It is indeed something that makes this a special place. With regards to the past few years, as you know we launched a brand new product with a partner delivery model. While it is growing faster than any previous product line, we need less people as professional services are no longer done in-house (hence extra office space). Disrupting your own business model to grow can be scary at times yet in a fast moving market like mobile commerce it is absolutely necessary. Hindsight is 20/20 yet we always own up to our mistakes and work a lot to strengthen our team (including senior leadership).

"A great place for growth"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mobify full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Hardworking and talented group of people who obviously like working together and want to do great things - Inclusive work environment, and even as a junior employee I feel respected and heard - I can't imagine a more passionate, humble, and honest leadership team - Great transparency and communication across all levels of the company - Everything we do comes down to our values, and it's great to see how clearly our quarterly goals tie into them - Great environment for growth and for pursuing your interests - Hard work is recognized and rewarded

Cons

- Even the challenging times in the past have been handled by the leadership team with integrity and class, so no cons really come to mind

Continue reading

"M is for....Mickey Mouse Operation"

1.0

I worked at Mobify

Pros

- you get to work with some pretty competent engineers, designers and with the few rare exception, AEs that consistently close and modest about it. - you get to learn from the 3 founders and how to run a successful business..by doing the exact opposite of what they've done to avoid the same mistakes. - you learn how to spot a strong AEs vs weak ones which is a very useful skill to have when you are hiring salespeople in the future.

Cons

- apathetic and indifferent executives who announces that they "want to build an employment hub" and then hearing from other co-workers the complete opposite-if not blatantly obvious by all the glassdoor reviews. - CEO seems pleased with people around him telling him exactly what he wants to hear, not how they are. Ego can get very costly. - account executives and managers who keep making it sound like a deal is around the corner and failing repeatedly in front of the company obviously erodes credibility and trust.

August 30, 2018CEO

Hey there, this is Igor the CEO. Sounds like you haven't had a great experience working at Mobify, which is a shame! We try really hard to build a fantastic culture and learn from our past mistakes, which has been showing strong business results in 2018. If you have any specific suggestions on how to improve the way Mobify operates and treats its people, feel free to email me directly. I can also confirm that our leaders and management do not leave reviews on Glassdoor.

8. "A great place to work and accelerate your career!"

Current Employee - Accountant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mobify full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The company is poised for explosive growth in the near future -Great culture, people are friendly and have a real team mentality. We have lots of fun team events and outings. -Leadership works really hard to make sure everyone feels a part of the vision and knows how they are contributing to it. -Leadership spends time to make sure people feel valued, and are aware of what is happening in the company. This includes 1 on 1's, weekly all hands meetings and meetings with an open mic that people can ask any question about the business to the execs. -Access to 1 on 1 coaching sessions with execs. -There is lots of focus on personal and career development that goes beyond just how a person can support the company, but how they can support their own career going forward. Mobify has been a huge launching ground for my career. - Office is amazing! It includes an indoor "pocket park" and and outdoor workspace. It is in a great location right at the centre of downtown and is beside 2 skytrain stations -The stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks is also a sweet perk!

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind.

August 13, 2018People & Culture Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience at Mobify! We are working hard to further improve social connection through additional team events, as well as community volunteer opportunities so that you continue to be proud of the culture and team. Additional Leadership Sessions to discuss and learn about popular leadership topics are also in the works!

"Awesome and smart people to work with"

4.0

I have been working at Mobify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great smart people to work with on a daily Values every individual employee Lots of opportunity for personal and career growth Transparent as can be leadership team Great location, right in the heart of downtown

Cons

There have been more than a couple of uncomfortable transitional periods while the company as pivoting its strategy

August 13, 2018People & Culture Manager

So glad to hear from a longstanding Mobifyer that growth and development are at the forefront! In terms of past transitional periods, although challenging, we believe the changes made have helped set us on the right path moving forward.

10. "Awesome people to work with"

I have been working at Mobify full-time

Pros

- smart, supportive, and kind peeps who are always ready to help each other - each employee’s growth is important to the company - CEO and upper management who care about their employees, take the time to talk to them, and listen to their feedback - upper management who are transparent in their decisions and owns up to their mistakes - Mobify is gaining traction in the market space - the office is situated in the heart of downtown Vancouver and easily accessible by transit

Cons

- can’t really think of any downsides

Found 72 reviews