Mobify Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.2
Mobify CEO Igor Faletski
Igor Faletski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Excellent work life balance in a high profile office right downtown" (in 5 reviews)

• "Mobify offers great opportunities to learn and build a career" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "When I was there, there was a re-organization of the company and things were not that clear about where the company is going" (in 3 reviews)

• "There has been a lot of changes so I can see people are still getting used to that" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Ideal work environment"

I have been working at Mobify full-time

Pros

- There are lots of aspect that I like about working for Mobify. First and foremost are the people who work at Mobify. These individuals are friendly, supportive, motivating, mentoring, hardworking, and much more. Mobify provides its employees with numerous opportunities for growth and development throughout your time here. The company has strong proven leaders who adapt quickly to change and always like to stay one step ahead. Lastly, the office space is beautiful and in an ideal location which all together makes coming to work enjoyable everyday.

Cons

- I really can't think of any Cons about working for Mobify. Mobify is ahead of the market for Progressive Web App (PWA) technology; however, the market for PWAs is only becoming more and more popular which will only benefit Mobify in the long run.

2. "Once a Great Company"

Former Employee - People and Operations
    Former Employee - People and Operations

I worked at Mobify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were and are some really great people that work at Mobify. It was one of the best jobs I've ever had...until it wasn't. Benefits/perks are good. The company retreat was a blast!

Cons

You've seen half of your staff leave due to poor decision-making and low morale. There was a period of time where it felt like every week several people were leaving the company for better opportunities. It wasn't even addressed at All Hands or anything.

You have an office that's one one of the most expensive corners of Vancouver, yet it's half empty and depressing.

Advice to Management

We all know that some leaders are doing outside projects during working hours. Certain leaders should focus more on saving the company versus coaching executives around the Vancouver community and profiting from it.

"Weak Leadership"

I worked at Mobify full-time

Pros

Great culture. It's really at the core of the company, and it's the main reason people stay working here. By far the best culture I've ever worked in.

Cons

The company has drastically shrunk in size over the last few years, with multiple rounds of layoffs.
    The leadership team is really out of their depth. There have been lots of management mistakes that have cost the company dearly. They have one of the most expensive offices in the city, and it's half empty. The founders did a great job at getting a small startup off the ground. But they are definitely not suited to running an enterprise company. Through a very difficult few years, it's surprising that they haven't been replaced yet. This seems to be a common opinion among the team.

18 Sep, 2018 – CEO

Hey - thanks for the shout outs to the Mobify culture. It is indeed something that makes this a special place. With regards to the past few years, as you know we launched a brand new product with a... More

"A great place for growth"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mobify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Hardworking and talented group of people who obviously like working together and want to do great things
    - Inclusive work environment, and even as a junior employee I feel respected and heard
    - I can't imagine a more passionate, humble, and honest leadership team
    - Great transparency and communication across all levels of the company
    - Everything we do comes down to our values, and it's great to see how clearly our quarterly goals tie into them
    - Great environment for growth and for pursuing your interests
    - Hard work is recognized and rewarded

Cons

- Even the challenging times in the past have been handled by the leadership team with integrity and class, so no cons really come to mind

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on sales and employee engagement this year

5. "A great place to work and accelerate your career!"

Current Employee - Accountant in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Accountant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mobify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The company is poised for explosive growth in the near future

-Great culture, people are friendly and have a real team mentality. We have lots of fun team events and outings.

-Leadership works really hard to make sure everyone feels a part of the vision and knows how they are contributing to it.

-Leadership spends time to make sure people feel valued, and are aware of what is happening in the company. This includes 1 on 1's, weekly all hands meetings and meetings with an open mic that people can ask any question about the business to the execs.

-Access to 1 on 1 coaching sessions with execs.

-There is lots of focus on personal and career development that goes beyond just how a person can support the company, but how they can support their own career going forward. Mobify has been a huge launching ground for my career.

- Office is amazing! It includes an indoor "pocket park" and and outdoor workspace. It is in a great location right at the centre of downtown and is beside 2 skytrain stations

-The stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks is also a sweet perk!

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind.

13 Aug, 2018 – People & Culture Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience at Mobify! We are working hard to further improve social connection through additional team events, as well as community volunteer opportunities so that you... More

"M is for....Mickey Mouse Operation"

Pros

- you get to work with some pretty competent engineers, designers and with the few rare exception, AEs that consistently close and modest about it.

- you get to learn from the 3 founders and how to run a successful business..by doing the exact opposite of what they've done to avoid the same mistakes.

- you learn how to spot a strong AEs vs weak ones which is a very useful skill to have when you are hiring salespeople in the future.

Cons

- apathetic and indifferent executives who announces that they "want to build an employment hub" and then hearing from other co-workers the complete opposite-if not blatantly obvious by all the glassdoor reviews.

- CEO seems pleased with people around him telling him exactly what he wants to hear, not how they are. Ego can get very costly.

- account executives and managers who keep making it sound like a deal is around the corner and failing repeatedly in front of the company obviously erodes credibility and trust.

Advice to Management

- Hire a competent CEO with actual corporate executive experience and not someone who might be burnt out at being stuck at a startup for almost a decade and probably wants closure.

- Respect ALL employees with genuine sincerity, not just the ones that suck up to you. High school never ends.

- Just because you advertise diversity doesn't mean you have it. It feels superficial.

PLEASE EXPLAIN YOURSELVES IN THE PREVIOUS GLASSDOOR REVIEW WITH THE TITLE,
    "Mixed Blessing". in which the reviewer wrote:

"Respect the anonymity of reviewers on this site. Trying to figure out who wrote what, accusing, and harassing current and former Mobifyers, and violating people's privacy makes you extremely unprofessional, and only shows that you still cannot take criticism and you still refuse to listen to your employees."

but I am deeply distrubed by the following quote: "Don't get your leadership to write Mobify reviews for the sake of upping your ratings. It's really obvious and really unprofessional." Isn't this breaking Glassdoor's TOS?

30 Aug, 2018 – CEO

Hey there, this is Igor the CEO. Sounds like you haven't had a great experience working at Mobify, which is a shame! We try really hard to build a fantastic culture and learn from our past mistakes... More

7. "Awesome and smart people to work with"

I have been working at Mobify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great smart people to work with on a daily

Values every individual employee

Lots of opportunity for personal and career growth

Transparent as can be leadership team

Great location, right in the heart of downtown

Cons

There have been more than a couple of uncomfortable transitional periods while the company as pivoting its strategy

13 Aug, 2018 – People & Culture Manager

So glad to hear from a longstanding Mobifyer that growth and development are at the forefront! In terms of past transitional periods, although challenging, we believe the changes made have helped set... More

8. "Awesome people to work with"

I have been working at Mobify full-time

Pros

- smart, supportive, and kind peeps who are always ready to help each other

- each employee’s growth is important to the company

- CEO and upper management who care about their employees, take the time to talk to them, and listen to their feedback

- upper management who are transparent in their decisions and owns up to their mistakes

- Mobify is gaining traction in the market space

- the office is situated in the heart of downtown Vancouver and easily accessible by transit

Cons

- can’t really think of any downsides

9. "Great culture, awsome people, well led"

Former Employee - Data Analytics Researcher in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Data Analytics Researcher in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Mobify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyday I felt very happy going to work and be surrounded by so many smart, humble and helpful people. In Mobify, people matter and you can reach out to anyone easily to ask your questions. Teams are very supportive. There are so many learning opportunities at work and also in their regular lunch-and-learn events. The leadership team are very accessible if you have ideas to pitch. They communicate everything clearly to the company and the company has the culture of being open by default which I enjoyed a lot. They value work-life balance a lot. There was no work communication after hours and great yoga classes and kettlebell classes right in the office. They have flexible hours. Also, they have amazing space with variety of options to work from like stand-up desks, benches, conference rooms with amazing view of downtown Vancouver.

Cons

I didn't find any cons

10. "A great company, on the cusp of success"

Former Employee - Interaction Designer in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Interaction Designer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Mobify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The cult of culture is strong at this company. It would be difficult for any small to mid-size company to match the camaraderie and degree of gelling that Mobify has been able to build. Transparency, open communication, and tight hiring processes ensure that teams gel and move quickly.

The team is small, but employees trust each other implicitly. Each team member is capable of creating massive change in the org which is what most find generally rewarding about working in a small company. The CEO makes time to talk to each and every employee, whether at the watercooler or over lunch / coffee, which I appreciated and respect.

Cons

As with all companies that pivot, some disgruntlement can be expected, accompanied by some employees moving around and out. The leadership style, while solid and based on open communication, is very much top down. Time will tell if this approach serves the company.

Advice to Management

Culturally, Mobify is anchored by long-time employees that live and breathe those values that you started off with. As the business model evolves and inevitable turnover brings in new blood, management must be ready to implement integration strategies to "bring them into the fold".

It's the small things that count most: it's certainly not about catered lunches, fancy drinks in the fridge or even compensation on the high end of the scale (but those things are nice). It's about casual Friday nights having a few drinks together as friends, or having an honest and frank discussion about our product and why we think it needs to do [X], or execs making eye contact with staff and asking them how their work is going. Make it a point to execute on these little impactful things and stay focussed.

This was an amazing company to work for, and I still believe in both the product and the team. All the best for the future!