Mobify Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.1
Mobify CEO Igor Faletski
Igor Faletski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance in a high profile office right downtown (in 5 reviews)

• For an engineer (especially one that is just starting out), it shapes you positively and gives you tons of opportunities to learn and grow (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There has been a lot of changes so I can see people are still getting used to that (in 3 reviews)

• The pace of change is aggressive (in 3 reviews)

1. "If you're into (mobile) ecommerce, this is THE place to work."

Former Employee - Support Engineer in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Mobify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had an amazing experience working at Mobify. I decided to move into a different technology space which is the only reason I left this fantastic company.

The entire team at Mobify is highly competent, dedicated, driven, accountable, and above all human - these qualities and values are evident in the senior leadership and are obviously selected for in the thorough interview / hiring process.

Senior leadership are transparent and accessible, company goals and objectives are clearly communicated, and company wide strategies for achieving those goals are well known by every employee. Each employee’s required contribution to reaching those goals is well understood, and efforts in reaching those goals are recognized.

It is clear that each employee’s personal growth and development is a major priority and the company provides generous benefits to assist in this regard.

I believe that Mobify is poised to continue to enhance their strength and dominance in the mobile enterprise e-commerce space and beyond.

Cons

I don't believe there are any cons to working at Mobify.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing, stay nimble and make sure that the current level of transparency and accessibility remains unchanged.

2. "Great Team"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Mobify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people
    Flexible hours
    Inclusive

Mobify meets you where you are as an employee, whether it be flexible hours, maternity benefits or simply caring about people's well being (yoga classes/bike lockers/ stocked kitchen). You can tell the management truly believes in this and believes in the people that they hire.

Mostly- I had the BEST manager ever at Mobify. Our VP of Customer Success always made sure everyone in our team is on board, was kind and patient and really let us see what the vision is and how we play into it- not just through our roles, but through our personalities. She always celebrated what we have to bring to the table and inspired us to be the best versions of ourselves. I truly learned a lot about what a good leader is from her.

Other than that, Mobify definitely puts their values of "owning it, being exceptional, and putting customers first" at the forefront. Finally, I have never worked at a place with a better, more dedicated design team which makes both the work with customers- and the everyday of the job- delightful.

Cons

Was slow in the past to fire poor managers
    The market is rapidly changing and it could be hard to keep up

3. "Exciting time of Growth, Home to some of Vancouver's strongest talent"

I have been working at Mobify full-time

Pros

- Awesome team, some of Vancouver's top talent works here
    - Company is at an exciting time of growth
    - Record sales quarters
    - Flexible work schedule
    - Great leadership

Cons

- Company had a difficult transition in last 12-months from a point solution to a platform
    - Challenging market/space

"Amazing company on the upswing after a tough transition"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Mobify full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mobify has recently undergone a tough transition from being a hybrid Product/Professional Services company, to a pure Product company, while at the same time shifting from bootstrapped to venture-backed. That transition was not easy (hence some of the negative reviews you see here), but the company made it through and learned a lot along the way.

The pros:

- Incredible Engineering culture - one that is very inclusive, collaborative, forward-focused, and values diversity highly.
    - Very open/transparent/battle hardened leadership team.
    - A lot of top notch experienced Senior Engineers to learn from, ranging from big data, backend, frontend and native app expertise.
    - Build with the latest tech. Mobify built the first eCommerce Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) and Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) in North America.
    - Work with some of the biggest brand names - Mobify recently won the 2017 Mobile Commerce award from Internet Retailer for the Lancome PWA/AMP experiences built on their platform, and they've launched plenty more similarly great websites since.
    - Work with some amazing partners, such as Google as a technology partner, or eCommerce Solutions Implementors such as Accenture, building processes and developer tools for their teams to deliver top notch eCommerce user experiences.

Cons

While the Mobify is past its transition, there are some organizational and technical debt challenges to overcome. Mobify also moves very rapidly - if you’re not the kind of person who likes change, Mobify may not be the best place for you. Ultimately though, I have full confidence that the leadership team is pushing the company in the right direction, and they are committed to making Mobify a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency. Ensure that everyone is working towards achieving their goals, both team and personal. Make it clear to everyone what it means if they acheive (or don't acheive) their goals.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Mobify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Get to work with very supportive, talented people
    - Mobile is a very fast-moving, exciting industry to work in
    - Flexible, fun work environment
    - Opportunities for fast career advancement if you take the initiative and show that you're ambitious and committed

Cons

- Went through a tough transition year but now coming out the other side of it with the well-defined path to success
    - Don't currently have all the tools/enablement necessary but leadership is aware and working to change that

7. "Fun place to work"

I worked at Mobify full-time

Pros

- fun place to work
    - lots of perks like office snacks
    - very relaxed environment

Cons

- some leaders are not that competent

"Best job I've had in tech"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mobify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from some early stage startups, it's refreshing to work at a place that knows what they are doing. However, it still has that fun and exciting startup feel, and leadership is very good that owning mistakes and making moves to fix them.
    Everyone is incredibly smart and kind at Mobify, and open to lots of learning. It's definitely a place where you can truly grow, and your peers are committed to helping each other get to where you need to go.

Cons

I can't really think of any downsides. With any workplace there will be some challenges and struggles but I think Mobify has a good process for acknowledging them and improving on what isn't working.
    Maybe the social life of the company could improve. There has been a lot of changes so I can see people are still getting used to that. I'm sure it will come back around again.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing: the transparency and openness is comforting and helpful. Continue working on alignment between teams. There is definitely some grey areas on who is responsible/accountable for what, and that can be hard to manage.

"Exciting place but stability is questionable"

I worked at Mobify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The people! Amazing, fun, hard-working individuals
    - The office is beautiful and well-located
    - Lots of fun team events
    - Promising product
    - The Human Resources Team is fabulous! Keep hiring great people!

Cons

- So. Many. Changes.
    - Mobify bit off a lot more than it could chew and we're paying the consequences for it now
    - The office is huge yet it's mostly full of empty desks
    - Morale is low
    - Company stability is very questionable!
    - A lot of really get employees have left

Mobify Response

20 Jul, 2017 – CEO

Hey - thanks for your kind words about the people at Mobify! Everyone is working hard on building a new product for a new market and I wish it was a smoother ride. We're aiming high and there is lots... More

10. "Pulled me out of career slump"

I have been working at Mobify full-time

Pros

- Pushes you to learn and grow
    - Embraces new ideas fearlessly
    - Cares about getting it right
    - Participates in growth of the Vancouver tech community
    - Promotes diversity with real action

Cons

- Pace of change can be overwhelming
    - The company's technology is complex
    - Employee churn can be unsettling

Advice to Management

Focus more on employee retention.

"Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mobify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* People - Without a doubt Mobify has (and seems to be able to attract) the best people to work with. They are smart, hard-working, humble, and friendly. I have alot of faith the engineering management (I'm an engineer) based on my 2.5 years with Mobify and experiences with them.

* Technology - As Mobify moves past the stop-gap technologies (mobify.js, adaptive.js) that got them to where they are and on to new ones (react/redux) the company is making product development an exciting place to be. There's also a good mixture of using new tech but being cautious with not jumping on any new fad thinking it is a silver bullet.

* Autonomy - On the engineering side, you can make a difference if you show initiative. If you believe in something and show it's value, you can make those changes happen!

Cons

* Transition - Mobify is coming out of a fairly large organizational transition (actual a few). This has changed quite a few roles at Mobify which unfortunately has resulted in people leaving because the work no longer matches what they signed up to do. That's too bad, but inevitable when a company pivots.

* Product - The challenge of building a product for eCommerce is difficult and doing that while already selling it adds complications.

Advice to Management

Keep improving! Over the last 1.5 years I've seen an immense maturing of the Mobify management team. I'm so much more confident with the C-level people today than where they were even a year ago.

Keep focused. The team needs to deliver so stay focused on the core product and shield the teams from anything that doesn't add to that core product.

This isn't to management, but if you've read other reviews complaining about Mobify, ask yourself if you've ever worked at a company that didn't have _any_ problems. Mobify has shown that it is not afraid to evolve when it needs to and works hard to support the people that work there. The management team is transparent and owns up to failures when they happen.

Mobify Response

9 Jul, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your kind words - we're definitely trying our hardest to build an amazing, authentic company at Mobify. Onwards!