Mission Rock Residential Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Aug 16, 2020

Found 10 of over 102 reviews

4.1
Mission Rock Residential President Patricia Hutchison
Patricia Hutchison
Pros
  • "My property unfortunately sold and there was not a place for me to go or I would still be with the Mission Rock Family(in 15 reviews)

• "Very responsive upper management and IT(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "So far I do not have any cons to list about Mission Rock(in 10 reviews)

• "lack of communication(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Covid 19 test passed with flying colors

Aug 16, 2020 - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to use software like Onsite, Yardi, Aptexx ect. I cannot express this enough on how awesome the upper management are. From Pat Hutchison of the company to our regional for our area Sarah Sposato they are some of the best people in upper management I have ever worked for. Mission Rock in general have been so awesome through this whole Covid 19 BS when it comes to not only aiding the residents but also keeping each property safe while fully staffed. I feel so fortunate that they were able to do this.

Cons

Wish they had more properties in Austin but I understand why they dont.

2. 5.0

What a dynamic company!!

Jun 17, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mission Rock is a growing company, upper management so open to new ideas and feedback. My Manager takes a personal interest in my growth and development with cross training and sending me to classes for my professional growth. FUN company culture! We have book clubs, charity task forces, we do events often for Team bonding like kayaking or going to Dave and Busters among other exciting events. All types of dynamic personalities in corporate making it entertaining to come to work. It is a work space area which can be a hard adjustment at first after having my own office, but actually really brings us together as a Team. People talk openly and next thing you know your entire work area is cracking up laughing together.

Cons

The con for me about working for a smaller company (about 700 employees) is that it can be difficult to move up within my particular department, even with the cross training and classes I get sent to.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

We are glad that you have had the opportunity to attend classes and be cross trained in your department. And, we absolutely love that you described the company culture as “Fun.” Thank you for sharing that. Growth can be a challenge and a waiting game when it comes to adding headcount to a department. Learning and development are always a good thing, whether preparing you for your next opportunity or preparing a department to cover when someone is out of the office for whatever reason. There are many take-aways that can come from attending training, some of them are not as obvious as learning about a new law, and can be as practical as communication, time management and prioritization skills. We feel that it’s an opportunity to grow.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company, Lots of changes......

Jun 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Listen to feedback Upper Management Team

Cons

Changes consistently made - most of the time not properly tested causing major frustration for onsite teams

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Maintenance

Apr 5, 2019 - Service Manager in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits, lots of support from upper management, promotes within.

Cons

Not enough time in the day. Rough market for the area.

Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you are enjoying being a Rocker! Training is always developing, and we consistently look at new, strategic ways to provide ongoing education. We want to encourage you to utilize Rock U and partner with your Regional Service Manager. Keep Rocking!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great company to work for!

Jan 9, 2019 - Assistant Property Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy processes to learn, but enough work to keep you busy all day. Great co-workers and work environment. Very responsive upper management and IT.

Cons

I have not come across any since starting here.

Executive Vice President, Eastern Region

Thank you so much for the feedback, I am so happy that your experience thus far has been a positive one – that is what we hope to achieve for everyone! Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if that ever changes, or if you have an idea to improve how we do things – I welcome it! I know when you meet Pat, our President, you will find her to be motivational and incredibly engaging – she truly understands what we do every day and cares about us as individuals. Meredith Wright

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with a lot of opportunity!

Jan 13, 2017 - Marketing Coordinator in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for growth and development into different positions as this company continues to expand. The culture is fun, open, honest, and transparent. Management focuses on developing employees and using and growing skills. Very open to teaching employees different things rather than focusing on the abilities someone already possesses and hiring based solely off of that. They are quick to promote and recognize those who go above and beyond or would fit well into a specific position. Your voice is heard and your opinions matter.

Cons

HR is difficult to work with, most do not seem to care about very important issues. Upper management can be too trusting of other upper management when they may not be working well for the company. It's difficult to hire within departments that need it with employees who are being overworked and overburdened.

Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for the positive feedback on the company - it is appreciated! I am glad to know that you feel valued and recognized! Regarding your concerns with HR and Upper Management, we care about and value all members of the organization. Our Open Door policy affords you the opportunity to bring your concerns to any level in the organization including Department Heads and the President.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Leadership, Best Bonuses, Get Everything in Writing!

Jan 19, 2017 - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Best compensation plan I've seen in property management 2) Really strong leadership / managers within the company 3) Good training programs Overall, the company as a whole is great and I'd highly recommend them to anyone. I actually have recommended them to others. One of the best bonus structures I've ever seen. There are many really strong mangers within the company. Upper management consist of some of the strongest female leaders, which I considered a privileged to work under. I learned the most from Mission Rock, hands down, but some of that credit definitely goes to the amazing managers I worked under.

Cons

1) Heavy politics in the Phoenix portfolio 2) Lack of follow through from upper management I think most companies have a fair share of politics, favorites, cliques, and gossip. Mission Rock is not exempt. Either stay to yourself or play the game well. Try not to get on the bad side of upper management's favorites. Lastly, upper management does not always follow through with what they say they will do or promise. Get everything in writing, including promised days off, salary, and most importantly, SEVERANCE if your property is up for sale. Our property was told a figure (privately, to each of us) that was much lower than what we received on the day of take over. A misunderstanding, perhaps, but all three of us misunderstood about $1000 more than what we received. Get it in writing.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love this company!

Feb 4, 2016 - Property Manager in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great upper management, amazing bonus structure, extra holidays off that most company's don't offer, fast accruing vacation and sick time, they value employees and you don't feel like a number they really get to know you.

Cons

They are still a new company and have some improving to do on policy's and programs, but over all the best management company I have worked for!

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Sales & Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience working with Mission Rock Residential. We take great pride in our team; therefore, we aim to provide team members with excellent benefit packages. We are grateful to know you recognize these efforts!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for!!

Jan 20, 2016 - Leasing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been in the industry for over 6 years and Mission Rock has to be the best one I have worked for. Mainly because this is one company that truly stands for their mission statement and core values. When upper management such as vp or even the president come to visit, it's not intimidating.... It's actually kind of cool and they are very laid back.

Cons

It's not really a downside but there aren't a lot of sister properties in the Houston area.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Mission Rock Residential! Our Mission Statement and Core Values are the foundation of our organization; we are pleased to know our team members appreciate and value our culture as much as we do!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Assistant Manager

Apr 24, 2015 - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Upper Management Support, Solid Teams, Great Commission Structure

Cons

There isn't any cons for me.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews