Microsoft Software Development Engineer II Reviews

Updated Mar 3, 2021

4.5
  1. "Microsoft Canada is an amazing work opportunity. Environment is friendly, pay is great, work is fun."

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It sometimes feels like Microsoft is the only big player left that actually cares about people. It's a lot easier going than I hear from other companies.

Cons

Pay is slightly less than what you can earn elsewhere. I also need more words for the twenty wires minimum

2. "Good work life balance"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer (SDE) II

I worked at Microsoft full-time

Pros

Was happy everyday at the company

Cons

Not enough room for growth

"SDE II"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

* Lots of smart people * Exposure to lots of projects and tools * Good job out of college

Cons

* You need to be able to manage your career. Figure out which projects are going to succeed and not. Which opportunities will be good for you and not. * Not all bosses are good. Generally decent people, but not all equally competent at helping you further your career. You need to take ownership of your career and * Lots of politics, which will affect your rise, opportunities that you get, and if the products you work on will hit the market. I was on a project that was restarted 3x in 2.5 years, moved between groups. * Pay is definitely under market.

Continue reading