Found 927 of over 16K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The company has great benefits and really makes sure you and your family have everything you need." (in 1495 reviews)
- "Great people: my team in particular were some the smartest and most engaging people I've worked with." (in 1357 reviews)
- "Great Culture and really to connect with our peers from all levels" (in 810 reviews)
- "I think that some of the pros are the that it has a good pay and is in a nice place like california" (in 593 reviews)
- "1) Work with the best 2) Always get challenged but in a positive way 3) Caring environment 4) good salary" (in 462 reviews)
- "No work life balance... in unnecessary meetings all day long and products constantly being deprioritized and whole organizations shifted" (in 672 reviews)
- "extremely political and recent layoffs made it even worse" (in 322 reviews)
- "1. Can be super stressful 2. Bad manager can ruin your life 3. Efforts are not praised or counted 4. Code output doesn't matter" (in 268 reviews)
- "Bad management and strategy for the company" (in 212 reviews)
- "Poor leadership that is not accountable: Company has no idea what they are doing and where they are going." (in 200 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Meta and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "smart people"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Jan 23, 2021Program ManagerFormer Employee
Facebook in general is a great company to work for. All the amazing perks you read about in all the other reviews, leadership does give off the impression that they care about their employees. Everyone is very smart and in most cases people are enthusiastic about collaborating and conversing about new ideas. You will learn a lot very quickly and often be inspired by the ideas and leadership of others.
Outside of Facebook probably being responsible for destroying the moral fabric of society, Your experience at Facebook is highly dependent on your manager and team. That said, stay away from Research Operations. I have never seen such poor, uninspiring, thoughtless leadership in my career. Multiple ICs have had to take extended leave because they could not take the abuse from management and were broken down to the point where they felt they had no value. Managers are reported to HR repeatedly, without any action taken. Leadership on that team would rather defend managers to the death than support an IC. There are at least two similar reviews on Glassdoor about this team.
- 4.0Sept 11, 2013Product ManagerCurrent EmployeeMenlo Park, CA
Passionate and smart people; company brand value; lots of different projects/areas to work on
it's becoming more like a big company now1