Found 1,431 of over 17K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Meta
10 days ago
If you are looking to grow your career and need a mentor/coach get in touch. I can help with mocks for System Design and Behavioural interviews, general coaching and growing SWEs and EMs. Ping me a DM or at firstname.lastname@example.org Meta Google Amazon Apple
23 days ago
I’m chatting in a few hours with a Slalom recruiter who reached out to me via LinkedIn. I’m in the job market (severely underpaid at meta) and looking to boomerang to consulting as a manager. What are some interesting questions to ask? (She recruits for business advisory/ product strategy practice/tech strategy)
Consulting Exit Opportunities
25 days ago
M7 and T15 MBA folks - how is recruiting from part-time MBA programs versus full time? Are part time students deprived of the same campus recruiting resources that full time students get? Or are they given relatively the same access (e.g, to FAANG recruitment)? Meta Amazon Google Apple Microsoft
Got a burning question about Meta? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Meta employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The company has great benefits and really makes sure you and your family have everything you need." (in 1573 reviews)
- "Great people: my team in particular were some the smartest and most engaging people I've worked with." (in 1408 reviews)
- "Great Culture and really to connect with our peers from all levels" (in 855 reviews)
- "I think that some of the pros are the that it has a good pay and is in a nice place like california" (in 605 reviews)
- "free food and transport are great" (in 488 reviews)
- "No work life balance... in unnecessary meetings all day long and products constantly being deprioritized and whole organizations shifted" (in 688 reviews)
- "extremely political and recent layoffs made it even worse" (in 340 reviews)
- "1. Can be super stressful 2. Bad manager can ruin your life 3. Efforts are not praised or counted 4. Code output doesn't matter" (in 268 reviews)
- "Management is poor in comms and career growth can be a little murky" (in 222 reviews)
- "Poor leadership that is not accountable: Company has no idea what they are doing and where they are going." (in 210 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Meta and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "great benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Feb 15, 2021Integration SpecialistFormer Employee
The company has great benefits and really makes sure you and your family have everything you need. The benefits and flexibility at the company make the job great.
It’s a big company, so something you get lost and depending on your department it can be hard to grow.
- 4.0May 17, 2023Technical Sourcing RecruiterFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Great Benefits & office Locations across London Great employee programs Generous/free food/catering options onsite Work Flexibility
Sudden layoffs Lack of communication from management
- 3.0Dec 14, 2022Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsMenlo Park, CA
Benefits are great although they may go down now that they are tightening their belt. Great comp although with stock price decline may not be any more. Opportunity to work on large scale products.
For senior folks it's hard to find projects with good scope. The company had layoffs, even for people left behind the morale is down and indications are more people will either be managed out or leave on their down. Meta is not growing but is shrinking. They still suffer significantly from being short term impact driven in PSC process, they've been trying to change this for years, even removed the Move Fast / Break Things and replaced with Long term. Problem is most of the folks in calibration and running the show still have short term impact in their DNA as they way they measure everything. Mark is very fixated on the meta-verse as a bet the company initiative. Problem is that he is spending soo much on it and the likely timeframe when it goes mainstream is still years out. Also the ads business is in trouble with the economy in decline and head winds from apples privacy changes, they basically need to rewrite the ads stack which will take a long time and revenue will suffer in the mean time.13
- 2.0Jun 5, 2023Program Manager IIFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Wellness benefit and 401k match was great
Facebook before Meta was a fun and exciting place to work. Everything went downhill since the name change.
- 5.0Nov 23, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Worked with some of the smartest people I have ever had the privilege to work with. The company is amazing and the culture is one to be admired. There was always a new challenge when was opportunity for learning. Benefits were great and are perfect for anyone. Food is why I am 20lbs heavier then when I started. The Chefs deserve a standing ovation for some of the food they put out.
Work/life balance was getting better as I left but definitely an area that could get better. In many cases the bad W/L balance is self inflicted due to this personal mission to be the best. At least that's my perspective. Note that this is a problem within Tech period.1Meta Response8y
We too are very grateful for our culinary crew. Thanks for the kind words. I know they will appreciate it. We wish you the best. - Your Friends at Facebook
- 4.0Aug 19, 2019Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBuenos Aires
- Company benefits are great and are very motivational. - Unmatched internal education resources. - Sales quotas are reasonable and very qualitatively analyzed. - Good hierarchy structure.
- Work in Sales means dealing with a lot of clients who don't really know what the limits of Facebook's service is, so the job is very stressful. - Too much business travel.
- 5.0Aug 10, 2021Administrative SpecialistCurrent EmployeeLos Angeles, CA
great healthcare benefits (100% covered medical) and other perks + passionate people that truly care
Somewhat controversial business decisions by leadership team1
- 4.0Apr 12, 2022Senior Data ScientistCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsDublin, Dublin
- Work with really smart people - Solve really hard problems - Benefits are great (caring for family and self)
- More and more focus on ownership - Poor definition of remits and scope - Lot of smart people looking to solve similar challenges
- 1.0Jan 27, 2022Partner ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearGurgaon, Haryana
Great benefits and perks if swag and trips excite you and are your soul purpose of being employed
Toxic work culture Unethical business practices HR policies on culture and employee dissatisfaction are easily trumped by leadership convenience3