Merkle Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2020

3.6
Merkle Chairman and CEO David Williams
David Williams
Pros
  • "You'll be working with a lot of smart people, mostly(in 71 reviews)

• "It is also nice to have the option to work from home(in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • "It would have been nice to negotiate my salary, but the work life balance made up for the compensation in my eyes(in 68 reviews)

• "There are many long hours on the job, so the workload can be demanding(in 42 reviews)

1. "Amazing place"

Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Merkle part-time

Pros

Great flexibility and great staff

Cons

Long hours cannot plan family events could be working

2. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Merkle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work life balance here

Cons

Can be very corporate at times

3. "Can't complain"

Current Employee - Junior QA in Barcelona

I have been working at Merkle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, benefits and social life.

Cons

Low pay compared Barcelona job market average for tech jobs.

4. "Great work environment and culture."

Current Employee - Data Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Merkle full-time

Pros

Culture and environment, very supportive of the employee.

Cons

Engineering is of support for Analytics, BI or Marketing activities, so might get minor importance.

5. "Excellent leadership"

I have been working at Merkle full-time

Pros

Good benefits; good life-work balance

Cons

Salary; just swallowed by Dentsu

July 8, 2020HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback on this platform. We are glad that you are enjoying the perks of working at Merkle, which includes our focus on a good work/life balance. Since joining the Dentsu team in 2016, Merkle has benefitted greatly through this partnership by helping us accelerate our global growth plans and providing new and exciting career opportunities for members of our staff.

6. "Small-company culture swallowed up by giant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Merkle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong client focus, good opportunities to "learn by doing", good benefits

Cons

Original Hello World team was acquired in 2017. The original spirit of collaboration and that the "whole is greater than the sum of the parts" are lost. The teams are intensely focused on client work still, but the product suite became fragmented and the greater teamwork diminished by a culture of internal competition. It's more of an outsourcing firm today than a platform-driven technology solution provider.

July 8, 2020HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. First, we certainly agree with your points on why Merkle is a great place to work, such as our strong client focus and all the learning abilities. Merkle has grown through acquisition and we have learned that the most successful acquisitions are the ones that found ways to hold onto some of their original culture while taking advantage of the new programs and benefits of being part of a much bigger company.

7. "Great Place"

Current Employee - PMA Analyst

I have been working at Merkle full-time

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities at all levels

Cons

Entry level pay is lower than other places

June 11, 2020HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. Continuing to learn is a big part of the Merkle experience, and we’ve been working close with Dentsu to roll out an expanded set of learning resources. We look forward to receiving feedback on them once they are available.

8. "Great and Talented People, growing pains from Dentsu buy-out"

Current Employee - Director, Solutions Management

I have been working at Merkle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best part of working at Merkle is my team; very smart, seasoned, and talented people Pay was good in some ways it is like a work family

Cons

reviews and raises are weird since Dentsu became involved; while most people that work here are A's, Dentsu has quota on As so most get evaluated as average and this impacts raise and bonus opportunities new CEO for Dentsu Americas (not David Williams but Jackie Kelley) is taking the company democratic encouraging donations to Black Lives Matter and NAACP - two decidedly left leaning organizations (vote by mail, defund police); she was in a video for the Bloomberg campaign

June 11, 2020HR Administrator

Thank you for your comments. As Merkle and Dentsu continue to integrate, we’re excited that both companies are being very open on adopting new policies that incorporate the best of both companies. We believe that all Merkle employees are going to be thrilled with the enhancements and changes that are coming due to our integration with Dentsu. With regard to race relations, these are pretty traumatic times that we are living through, and Merkle is committed to offering an open and inclusive workplace.

9. "Pros definitely outweigh the cons"

Current Employee - Senior Email Account Coordinator in Denver, CO
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Merkle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great teams/people Effective tools Strong leadership Competitive pay Flexible management

Cons

Focused teams limit exposure Great leadership doesn’t always equal great management

June 11, 2020HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. So often we hear about the great employees and teams that help Merkle push forward in these unprecedented times. We’re glad to have you part of the Merkle team!

10. COVID-19

"Mediocre compared to local market"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona

I have been working at Merkle full-time

Pros

English speaking office, decent atmosphere, ok people, typical benefits, trainee positions for people that want to get in the industry. You can find much worse working environments.

Cons

Slow recruitment process. Low salary, frozen salary increases because of covid-19. IT related work is done as a consultancy, in BCN they have had one client for 10 years and the client is a disaster of uncertainty, bad communication and dumb limitations. They are first and foremost a marketing company and it shows in the way they use double-speak in internal communications and the way they try to sell things to the employee.

Found 731 reviews