Cover image for Mensana

5.0
100% Recommend to a Friend

Found 3 of over 8 reviews

5.0

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Any other small consulting company

Jul. 4, 2022 - Management Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

They pay relatively well if compared with the big 4. As a small company (20 employees) you will be exposed to everyone at the company and that could help you (or not) to get promoted faster.

Cons

You need to pay for your gas or rental car and that for me is the biggest pain. They will cover a portion of it, but you will be paying for about 1/3 of the costs plus car maintenance as they want you to have your own car. Also, as with any other management consulting company, there will be no life balance, but at this point, you should know this by now.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun and rewarding work

Apr. 17, 2022 - Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I found the type of work that I did at Mensana to be really rewarding and interesting. The Mensana methodology is focused on driving sustainable, measurable results for clients, which led to very fulfilling work. In addition, consultants (even junior consultants) are given a lot of responsibility on projects, which is not always the case at other consulting firms. I felt truly challenged on projects – in a good way. Lastly, Mensana attracts some neat clients and engages in interesting projects. I found that I actually had a lot of fun on the projects. - I appreciated the efforts that Mensana’s management put in to create a positive culture. When I worked there, management conducted a survey to get a pulse on how the employees were feeling, creating an action plan based on the results. The actions included installing “wellness spending” and three personal days. In addition, Mensana made the effort to hold plenty of social events, which contributed to a positive culture.

Cons

- As with all consulting jobs, the hours were not your typical 9 to 5. However, I did appreciate how Mensana placed an emphasis on safeguarding weekends, allowing consultants to totally disconnect from work and recharge.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. Join the Mensana team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic team, meaningful work, and lots of responsibility early on

Oct. 28, 2019 - Consultant / Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great balance of responsibility and support - you have the opportunity to work on big projects with sizable companies right away, and you're expected to deliver results. However, you can always count on your team to have your back and help you out when you need it. I know that my manager will always try to challenge me to help me grow, but that challenge will never be something that I can't handle. - Team is very collaborative - everyone is very willing to help out when we need it, both within your project team and outside of it. - The team is small, and we spend a lot of time together on the client site, so you get to know people quickly. We have fun together both at the office and at social events. - Senior management cares about your career development, whether that's with or without Mensana. Management constantly thinks about how to help you grow your skills and competencies and checks in often on what your goals are so they can try to staff projects accordingly.

Cons

- Work life balance is hard - that's true for any firm in this industry. It takes time to learn how to balance everything you care about. - We work on the client site 100% of the time. That can be anywhere - GTA, across Canada, US, or international, so Monday-Friday travel may be required for some projects.

1 person found this review helpful