Found 7,564 of over 10K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good but have been better in the past and seem to be declining." (in 859 reviews)
- "The people I work with are great and very helpful" (in 520 reviews)
- "Very flexible and good pay." (in 340 reviews)
- "There was a good work/life balance and I always had the option to work from home." (in 309 reviews)
- "Culture is great and the company tries to do the right thing for their employees." (in 220 reviews)
- "Poor management and closing locations" (in 284 reviews)
- "HR has been asked to 'clean up' the mess that managers have created and deal with their bad decision making." (in 124 reviews)
- "Almost annual layoffs in one department or another." (in 114 reviews)
- "The ability to move within is getting more restrictive unless you are a favorite of senior leadership" (in 114 reviews)
- "Lack of trust from the upper management" (in 86 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Medtronic and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 2.0Sept 13, 2023Territory ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMinneapolis, MN
Company Stock Discounts Employee Benefits; Car, Phone, insurance, The Product is best in market, if you're able to actually get it (backorders)
Clinical Specialist/ Associates have been let-go, no assistant for a clinical case heavy/dependent product Lack of manufacturing efforts and capabilities have led to reps being unable to target/expand new business. Good luck hitting quota for the next 2yrs+ Contract "specialist" G. L. has continued to drop the ball on GPO's across the entire US, leading to competitors continuing to take market share Company continues to tighten budget on reps. Company is heavily invested into launching its Davicini robot competitor, causing stain on other divisions output abilities. Questionable quality control of product within recent years3
- 4.0May 11, 2023Senior Director Global Medical EducationFormer Employee
The size of the company has allowed for investments in new exciting ground-breaking technologies. The people are amazing at Medtronic and truly what makes it a great company to work for. The Mission is something that everyone believes in and focuses on in their day-to-day work.
Geoff Martha, new CEO, is going to run this once amazing company into the ground! His decisions have hurt the organization and the people. Since he's been at the helm, the culture has become toxic. They don't worry about their employees and it's a shame. He has cut so many talented people and is losing thousands of years of tribal knowledge by making hasty cuts across the board regardless of the person's experience or performance. The downside to being at the world's largest medical device company is that we are just a number.41
Hello everyone, I am leaving Medtronic Cardiac Surgery OU as a Senior R&D Engineer on contract. I have over 10 years experience in the medical device industry including working for Medtronic, Stryker, Cook Medical, and Terumo Cardiovascular Systems. I moving to Nashville, TN to help of my elderly Fathers and Aunts. I asking for job referrals in the health care and medical device industry. Interested in Vanderbilt University, etc. and any med device companies. Will consider Memphis and Knoxville.
Hello, I was working as a Sr. Mechanical Engineer, R&D in Alcon in SOCAL. I got laid off from Alcon couple of months ago due to a companywide layoff. It's been the toughest 2 months for me ever emotionally and professionally. The market is very tough as a female professional right now specially. I have faced lots of interviews(even final rounds) but still no luck. Can you please help me landing a suitable job in a medical device industry in Socal? Thank you so much. Edwards Lifesciences Medtronic Johnson & Johnson MedTech Abbott Integra LifeSciences AbbVie Alcon
Medtronic Reviews FAQs
Medtronic has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 9,640 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Medtronic to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
74% of Medtronic employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Medtronic 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.