Medix Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Feb 18, 2020

3.4
Medix President Andrew Limouris
Andrew Limouris
Pros
  • "Young, energetic culture, great people, great core values(in 15 reviews)

• "Gym membership assistance and a(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "LONG hours for the recruiters and if they suspect you're not a total team player you're out(in 40 reviews)

• "Work life balance is something I feel like most everyone brings up here(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "They want you to succeed"

4.0
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Medix full-time for more than a year

Pros

-They team unit at Medix is extremely strong and you feel like you are part of something important -All of the leadership from local to headquarters wants you to be successful in your individual goals -When you accomplish something it is recognized and celebrated -You are supported so well

Cons

-There are long hours but that it is part of the industry

February 21, 2020Senior Marketing Coordinator

It's true! Our team truly believes in the power of locking arms to achieve our goals. We're glad to hear you've felt supported as a Medix recruiter, and appreciate you sharing your experience!

"They're trying but changes need to be made"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Medix full-time for less than a year

Pros

So the pros are that in the Chicago office the people were for the most part great. They're young, and you can talk with everyone a lot. If you're good with a broski work style (I think a lot of people think this is what people want when they say young company, when in reality we want flexibility) with suites then this is for you.

Cons

There's a lot... So while MOST of the people are good not everyone is. A lot of times now it feels like for account managers they're just placing people on jobs and not caring if it's a good fit. Also with the amount of micro managing that happens it creates a sense that there's a lack of trust between the account management side and recruiting. Account managers should not be running defts because most of them don't care about recruiting/ they're so disconnected from when they were a recruiter or they don't know the most up to date tips and tricks to actually help. Honestly it feels like for some account managers deft is a waste of time and it shows when you go to a recruiter. The hours are long. 7:30 mandatory must be in the office and 5:30 is when you can go (but some leave at 5). There's no need for that. They want to say they have a young culture because it's trendy, but there's a big disconnect between the corporate side and the pit.

December 17, 2019Senior Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your experience as a part of the Medix team, and for providing some areas of improvement for us to consider. While staffing can be a demanding industry, we are always determined to do what's best for our talent, clients and internal teammates. As we continue to identify ways to improve the training and development programs for our teammates and create more opportunity across our organization, your feedback has been shared with our leadership team.

"Love where I work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Medix full-time

Pros

Young, energetic culture, great people, great core values

Cons

Long hours, hard work and determination is required

February 11, 2019Senior Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing your experience as a part of the Medix team.

4. "Great Short-Term Company"

I worked at Medix full-time

Pros

Medix is a great company at its core, and they really do believe in their core values. They're super into philanthropy and not just for show. They have a fun office environment, and it's never boring.

Cons

Medix has a very high turnover rate and it's for a reason. This job will chew you up and spit you out. LONG hours for the recruiters and if they suspect you're not a total team player you're out. You'll find someone is quitting or being fired almost every week. Pay is not great.

September 26, 2018Senior Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! Staffing can be a exciting and demanding industry, but we strive to foster a culture that supports our teammates' career aspirations and our core purpose of positively impacting lives. Your review has been shared with our leadership team.

"Recruitment Advisor"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Medix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You become really close with your coworkers. Fellow recruiters and sales teams because you are with them more then you are home. Lots of happy hours, team bonding and goofing off in the office. Not a quiet office which I prefer. Philanthropy is huge for this company which I enjoyed.

Cons

If you are a female - run! This is a boys club. And if you are planning on getting pregnant - run! Clear favoritism to male employees and male leadership. Seen several pregnant women be treated differently, including myself - pushed harder then normal, micro-managed when never managed this way previously. High stress environment and long hours.

April 13, 2018Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our goal is to support all of our teammates as they pursue their goals, both professionally and personally. Your review will be shared with our leadership team.

"Career Growth and Potential"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Medix full-time

Pros

Lots of potential for growth Culture is vibrant and inclusive What you put in you get out. If you put in the time you will see the return on investment in your pay Core purpose let's you know you are doing something more than just making money Organizational support to learn Training is provided for every step of the way

Cons

While you get what you put in, there are times where the hours are long but worth it Industry comes with highs and lows and it's hard to not get caught up in it

February 19, 2018Marketing Coordinator

We appreciate your feedback!

"Good Entry Level Experience"

1.0

I worked at Medix full-time

Pros

-Entry level recruiting experience -Young office and fun environment (they due fun outings because the day to day is stressful and grueling)

Cons

-No leadership training for Account Managers (Young professionals with power - recipe for disaster) -Stressful Environment -Long hours -They will tell you promotions happen within 6 months - false

March 2, 2018Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your review. While staffing can be a demanding industry, we always want our team to feel empowered and on a path of career development. This feedback has been shared with our leadership team .

"Recruitment Advisor"

Former Employee - Recruitment Advisor

I worked at Medix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to get hired Stepping stone job - other companies are attracted to those that come from a staffing agency because they know that you’re a hard worker.

Cons

The staffing industry is tough as it is - that will be the case anywhere you go. Long hours, disappointment because most situations are out of your control, and it doesn’t have a good reputation to prospective candidates or clients. However, there are some companies that try and make up for it by treating you well, recognizing when you go above and beyond, etc. Medix is not one of those companies. The Branch Manager was verbally abusive and made you feel like you were a child. He was sexist and only showed a likeness to you if you responded to his flirting. Men in the office said some of the most disgusting things I ever heard a man say about about women and if you wanted to stay out of drama, you said nothing. If you would ever say anything about this behavior, you would be looked at as being over dramatic because the people with any power are all males. If you work hard enough and get lucky, you can see a lot of success. If that success drops (as it will, unless you’re in a big market like Chicago), you will be treated like you’re worthless. Rather than supporting and encouraging your employees, you talk about repercussions and hint that being let go is an option if you don’t improve in a certain amount of time. Threats might work on some but not everyone. I could go on for days about how horrible this experience is, but I’ll stop there. Stay away.

October 19, 2017Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for providing this feedback. The staffing industry can be difficult, and we're always striving to provide our team with the best support, training and recognition possible. Your concerns will be provided to our Medix leadership team.

"You are better off elsewhere"

I have been working at Medix full-time

Pros

Young coworkers, energetic office environment

Cons

long hours, no flexibility, low pay.

October 24, 2017Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing this feedback! While culture fit is an important aspect of our hiring process, it is just one of the many factors that go into determining the best fit for an available opportunity.

"Healthcare Recruiter"

Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter

I worked at Medix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great first job out of school that will teach you how to grind, work your tail off, and handle all types of difficult and unpredictable situations. Your coworkers will consistently be one of the best parts of your job, people at Medix are great and know how to have a good time. Great stepping stone position, opens doors.

Cons

PROCEED WITH CAUTION. The pressure is unreal and at times, unbearable. In my year and a half working with Medix in a smaller office, I witnessed 7 people quit. You not only have quarterly metrics, but weekly, daily, even sometimes hourly goals you are required to hit. In an industry (staffing) that already throws so much unpredictability and negativity at times, Medix consistently portrays the message that what you're not doing is enough, and they don't let you forget it. Be prepared to work very long hours (can be as early as 6:45am and stay as late as 6pm). Not to mention if there is a project it is expected of you to work until 8-9 at night and come in on Saturday's. The company's core value is positively impacting lives which is a huge draw, but at the end of the day all your worth comes from how much money you are making the company. Be prepared to be stressed out 24/7. Be prepared to be blamed for things out of your control. I also concur with some of the other statements on this thread about it being a highly testosterone/male driven environment that does not always promote the equal treatment of women.

October 19, 2017Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve, and your comments will be presented to our leadership team.

Found 40 reviews