Medix Employee Reviews about "gym membership"

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.4
Medix President Andrew Limouris
Andrew Limouris
Pros
  • "Young, energetic culture, great people, great core values(in 15 reviews)

• "Gym membership assistance and a(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "LONG hours for the recruiters and if they suspect you're not a total team player you're out(in 40 reviews)

• "Work life balance is something I feel like most everyone brings up here(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "gym membership"

Return to all Reviews

"Recruitment Advisor III"

Former Employee - Recruitment Advisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Medix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great sense of team purpose and young environment which is a lot of fun. - Opportunity is extremely situational so it can be a great place if they like you, high preference to churn/burn and promote externally within the recruitment ranks. - Social outings, gatherings, weekend events, family atmosphere etc. - Gym membership assistance and a $50/monthly student loan repayment program. - The Chicago office is really cool, most branches have really great office space.

Cons

- Leadership is completely out of touch with the business with almost complete disconnection with the front-line producers. Decisions made up top by the 'good old boys' without accounting for how they actually effect the business. Very top heavy organization. - They love pushing deceptive sales tactics that produce little value like personality index's and corporate analysts who are instructed to manipulate data to fit the cheesy sales narrative. - Hard work and production are rarely rewarded. They will promise you the world to get you in the door and based on my experience, don't deliver. Hours are 7:30AM-6PM with multiple monthly "voluntary late nights" which aren't voluntary if you ever stand a chance at being promoted. - Buy lots of suits because you'll need to wear one every day, also shave that beard because you'll be forced to humiliate yourself in the shared public bathroom with a 1-blade razor from the back office if you show up with a day of stubble. This point has been brought to management hundreds of times but they absolutely refuse to treat their employees like adults. - They value your participation in philanthropy more than your actual production within the team and absolutely hold it over your head when it comes to promotion time. Again to my point about management being out of touch with the business and the industry.

September 26, 2017Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for providing this review for our team's consideration. Medix is committed to evolving our processes based on feedback provided by our talent, clients and internal teammates, which is why we offer our entire team the opportunity to complete 360 reviews and TINYPulse surveys as a chance to share what's on their minds and affect organizational change. Your suggestions will be provided to our leadership team for consideration.

"Healthcare recruiter"

I have been working at Medix

Pros

Ability to collect stock, commission, car allowance, cell allowance, pays monthly gym membership, young industry, trip incentives for sales people

Cons

Management needs work. CEO is great but management under him could use some management training and learn how to deal with people. The commission is so low as well as the base salary. Goals are almost unattainable in order to get a bump in base salary or a bump in the commission structure. Some managers set unrealistic goals, not out of harshness but out of being too optimistic, possibly. Turnover rate is significant in most offices but honestly the entire industry is like that.

March 21, 2016Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for your review. We recently revisited our pay and commission structure to keep it very competitive within the industry. We have also bolstered our commitment to management training, but we have passed on your feedback to the appropriate leaders to address your concerns.

3. "Good place to work if you like the staffing industry"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Medix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Medix overall has a good environment and nice people in each office. The Pittsburgh office is no exception. Paid Gym membership!

Cons

Some of the drawbacks are long work days and the overall ups and downs of the staffing industry. High turnover within the office.

December 1, 2015Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback. Staffing is a demanding industry to work in, but the reward of being able to create opportunity and put the right people in the right jobs is great! We recently reexamined and made changes to our recruiting commission structure, but we still passed your suggestion along to our leadership team for future consideration.

"Too Much Turnover"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Medix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Young team, so it is easy to make a friend or two. They pay for your gym membership which helps.

Cons

Too many hours worked. They expect you to work 7:30AM-6:00PM every day. plus have your emails on your phone in order to be "accessible" at all times. They do not pay enough to cover that many hours. Also, unless you work within one of the bigger, more established offices, you have two routes to go: Sales or out the door. If you do not have an interest in Sales, do not go to Medix. They have a recruiter path that they offer, but they do not offer that to everyone and they give you metrics that are hard to hit. They also have these "Requirements" in order to go into Sales, but more than half of the Recruiters that went into Sales, while I worked there, never hit those numbers. Also, when they get a bad review on Glassdoor, Marketing reaches out to the office it was associated with and asks all employees to go in and post a positive response. So most of the positive responses are not valid! They are done just to keep their stars up. And last, but certainly not least, (I could go on and on); the SECOND you show any kind of "unhappiness" at work, or interested in a different route that you were originally on, they let you go! They don't sit with you and try to work it out, they don't give you a warning. They will call you into the office, make it sound as if it "best for you to cut ways" and then you are stuck with no job. Horrible management!

August 28, 2015Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. Staffing is a fast-paced and demanding profession; thus our hours of operation and compensation are competitive with the rest of the industry. As for employee happiness, we survey our internal team weekly to specifically gauge our employees’ happiness levels and ways we can improve as company, and all feedback is taken seriously by management. Additionally, we do not ask our teammates to write positive reviews, as that is highly unethical. We share all online feedback with each of our markets, and our hope is that employees continue to share honest experiences of working at Medix on these platforms, so we can continue to spot areas of improvement within our team. We shared your feedback to our leadership team.

"Great Experience and Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Medix full-time

Pros

Pro -Medix has a great team in place and is somewhere that you can build both professional and personal relationships. -If you have any desire to be able to promote quickly in an organization, there is definitely opportunity for that in both a sales and recruiting capacity. -The commission structures, which improves as you promote within the organization, are geared toward the individual. You are really given the opportunity to make a lot of money(if that's what you're looking for) as you continue to succeed. - Cool incentives i.e. partial gym membership payments. For Sales: Phone and car allowances.

Cons

Cons -You aren't going to get rich as an entry-level recruiter. The commission structure is much different for Professional Recruiters and Salespersons but you have to earn that. If you come in thinking that you're going to be rich in year one, you will likely be disappointed. -Recruiting as an industry is not going to be an 8-5 job, this is no different. If you want to be successful know that they're not going to fall into your lap. You'll find out quickly if you are ready to work for your goals, because it won't come with a paltry effort

May 4, 2015Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your insight! We are happy to hear you find the culture, career path, commission structure and other benefits rewarding. We shared your review with management to help ensure we’re continually improving as an organization.

6. "Fast growing company with fast-track to managment"

I have been working at Medix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-The opportunity to advance into a management level opportunity within 9-18 months -performance-based promotions -Continued growth in both office locations and divisions -Competitive salary and opportunity for unlimited earnings potential -Great benefits and incentives (Medix Fit gym membership reimbursement, Cabo incentive trip, stock option plans, etc.) -Culture: young, fun, but professional dynamic -only promote from within the company -Mentor/Leadership ability -Opportunity to learn more about either the Life Sciences, IT, or Professional Services sectors and build relationships with individuals in these industries -great initial and on-going training

Cons

-hours can be long at times but there is usually a reason for that...we opporate based on satisfying client needs so we do whatever it takes to get the job done but the reward for that is putting people to work and making the commission from that -while working with people is great, it can sometimes be really frustrating and difficult because you don't have control over the sitution

"Overworked and Underpaid"

2.0
    Former Employee - Personnel Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Medix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Medix Fit – you get to leave early 2 times a week (M-TH) to go to the gym; Medix puts $29.99 towards your gym membership. Right out of college it is great to still be working with people your age, yet it leads to an unprofessional environment.

Cons

Compensation and commission structure makes it almost impossible to make money in this company. Long work hours; 7:30am – 6:00pm with a lunch break from 12:00pm – 12:59pm. 6 meetings each day make for a very repetitive day; what new updates could you possibly have? All office meeting at 8:00am, 1:00pm and 4:00pm followed by meeting with your team immediately afterwards = 6 meetings every day, leads to the feeling of micromanaged and being babysat. You must attend all weekly company happy hours and quarterly events or you will be accused of not following the company’s culture and values.

Continue reading

"Started right out of college, great career growth. Worked VERY hard but compensated for it!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Medix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Colleagues are like family/team environment -Great income potential (6 figures in 3-5 years from starting) -Great benefits - Sales people have their cars paid for along with cell phone - All employees get free gym membership

Cons

-Long hours but similar to staffing industry in general - difficult work/life balance

Continue reading

"Below average entry level job"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Medix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Generally surrounded with good people, gym membership paid for, opportunity to gain equity within company, get to go to Chicago (upon gaining promotion to AE).

Cons

Hours are absurd relative to pay, pay is terrible, commission structure is horrible, misleading management/under qualified management, poor training, very immature company lead by half truths.

Continue reading

"Great Place to Begin Your Career!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Medix full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Medix for over 2 years. During my interview process I was interested in sales, like most individuals who begin working here. I was told if all goes well and I'm doing what I need to do as a recruiter, I will be promoted within the year. As promised, and due to my hard work, I was promoted in under 1 year into an Account Executive role. Great first job out of college- Medix hires lots of new grads and it's an amazing opportunity to learn more about the staffing industry, as well as healthcare, lifesciences, accounting, professional services, information technology, etc industries. Medix Fit- Implemented in 2012, this allows people that have worked for the company for at least 90 days to leave the office at 4PM twice a week to work out (or take a 2 hr lunch to go to the gym). Medix also will reimburse you $30/Month for your gym membership Great Management Team- all of the leaders in the company have worked their way up to where they are, nobody was just placed there, and they all belong there and are huge influencers on the rest of the team members Great Technology- Medix has invested in numerous technologies to help with recruiting and sales- these are very important tools for your success that many staffing agencies don't have Dress Code- Everyone (that is in sales or WANTS to get into sales) wears a suit everyday. Some may see this as a Con, however I see it as a Pro- it makes you look and feel more professional

Cons

Many recent grads work here- can be a pro and con depending on your age and what you are looking for in colleagues, I would prefer we hire more mid level, associate level individuals vs. entry level Not enough vacation time- my previous company offered almost twice the amount of vacation days Medix does. We have the 6 major holidays off, which is fine if you work in the city you are from, but if you need to travel for the holidays this really eats up your vacation days (10/yr). You don't choose what division you are placed in- you will be put into whatever division is in need of a new recruiter - there are three divisions which include Professional Services, Information Technology, and Life Sciences. Once you are promoted, most likely you will be promoted into the division you recruited for, however that's not the case in some offices where you may recruit one skillset, then be promoted into another division Very long hours- expect to work 10 hrs+/day. You will need to arrive in the office by 7:40 each day and don't expect to leave before 6PM unless it's your "Medix Fit" day. (Medix Fit is listed under Pro's) I don't think in my 2 years I have worked less than 10 hrs/day unless it's a: Medix Fit Day, Day I had an appointment, or day I had scheduled 1/2 day.

Found 13 reviews