MediaMath Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

"Great Place To Work"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great Culture, Office, People, and Benefits.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

MediaMath2018-10-12

"Senior software engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer Senior in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Smart people who are genuinely ready to help - work life balance - best views of the city ( in the Boston area) - snacks and perks

Cons

- maybe the internal wiki can be more organized

Advice to Management

None

MediaMath2018-10-05

"Analyst"

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great culture, benefits, and people. Interesting work, fast-paced, innovative DNA.

Cons

Growing pains, sometimes inadequate management or decision making. If you end up in a team where the manager is a workaholic, they tend to focus on work 24/7 and overwork employees which doesn't allow for a decent work-life balance in the long run.

MediaMath2018-09-19

"One of the best places to work in NYC"

Marketing Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath for less than a year

Pros

Some of the best people, and one of the best curriculums for anyone looking to break into ad-tech.

Cons

Really nothing comes to mind.

MediaMath2018-08-14

"Challenging computer science problems with a great culture to boot."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very academic environment on the engineering side, spawned from the difficult computer science problems the technical folks need to tackle to scale the business. - The most interesting engineering work you will probably ever work on in your career. Digital advertising naturally lends itself to some of the most fascinating technical problems you will ever work on as an engineer. - Unbelievably kind, smart, and... compassionate people. - Good market fit, scaled product, and potential to take more market share from our competitors.

Cons

I left to give to give another role a try at a different firm, but I will always miss the folks I left at MM. And I would recommend MediaMath to any of my friends, especially engineering folks, because that was most of my exposure to the firm. Now I’m realizing I put a pro in the cons section, but I really don’t have anything negative to say here.

MediaMath2018-07-12

"The reason why this will always be a mid-tier company"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

CEO is super sharp and passionate about the company. Watch any of his youtube videos,,, who doesn't want to work with this guy. Staff level employees and a good culture within the people who actually implement.

Cons

Middle management. I have caught VP's being dishonest. A number of them. Be honest. Management suffers from the NYC-cut throat-me first culture. That would be fine if "me first" translated to "the company = me first" but in reality it means "me personally first".

Advice to Management

This culture may be fine in Sales and Biz Dev but not in the rest of the orgs. Gut Product, Engineering, and some of Ops. HR should be gutted as well. I have a number of friends who have been passed over who were completely qualified for the jobs but HR didn't see a fit. Product isn't keeping pace with the industry and have passed on rockstars.

MediaMath2018-07-10

"Great company in a fast-paced industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am constantly learning, and they urge you to take ownership of projects very early on. My colleagues are smart and friendly, and the company as a whole has a fun culture. There is a dedicated HR team that is revamping MediaMath's learning and development and career path opportunities. There is also a true emphasis on work/life balance. The office location and views are also amazing.

Cons

The pace at which you have to learn and contribute can be overwhelming, especially in the beginning. There are also growing pains at the moment, but this should be expected from a company growing this quickly.

MediaMath2018-07-04

"Amazing and innovative company"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

The most helpful and kind people you will ever meet! There are so many great opportunities to learn more and grow as a professional.

Cons

The food and snacks are too hard to refuse.

MediaMath2018-06-14

"Marketing Engineer"

Former Employee - Marketing Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Such great people. Really high caliber. - Professional but also casual -Built some great friendships there - MM builds the tech (TerminalOne) that many agencies use. - Great Pantry - Great views - They focus a lot on personal growth.

Cons

- It's been more than a month since I ended their career accelerator, Marketing Engineering Program, and I am still out of a job. - Many people say trust the process and there is a false sense of security when going through the accelerator. They are trying to help with introductions but not gaining much traction. It is a great company I just am finding it hard to get to the next step.

Advice to Management

You are building a company. Keep focusing on education and professional improvement of your employees. You have a great culture and are becoming a real household name.

MediaMath2018-06-05

"Frat House Start-Up"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flex hours, open PTO, casual dress code, unlimited snacks and drinks

Cons

Juvenile HR, high turnover, lack of gender equality at all levels

MediaMath2018-05-29

MediaMath Response

July 5, 2018Global VP, People & Talent Development

We’re surprised by this feedback. Our HRBP team has an average of 6-years’ experience and our turnover is at a healthy level compared to the industry. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and people who display our values do very well here; but we understand that the pace is not for everyone. Best of luck in your new role!

Found 302 reviews