MediaMath Director Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

"Lots of hot air"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

NYC office is beautiful (4 WTC). Very modern and cool, well stocked kitchen with lots of free snacks, etc. Plenty of conference rooms, all with great integrated technology (web cams, digital whiteboards, etc.) I found the compensation to be fair - even slightly better than fair. No annual merit increases though - only bonuses.

Cons

CRAMPED workspaces - tiny desk (not even full cube - more like a library kiosk but with less privacy), even for VP level. If you are an "A player" who is not afraid to fail on occasion, you will not like it here. Decisions are only made by committee, and only after agonizing for months ( usually after the request has long since been forgotten about ) - meeting after meeting filled with buzzword bingo, constant need for a "more complete understanding of the request" before making decisions (in other words, keep kicking the can down the road). No real work is done. No real action. No ownership. Senior leadership recognizes it and says it openly but then does nothing about it but apologize. If your hope is to get hired and disappear into a small corner, do mediocre work and be praised for it, this place is for you. If you're accustomed to taking charge, diving in and executing - forget it, you'll be immensely frustrated.

MediaMath2017-08-04

MediaMath Response

August 8, 2017Chief People Officer

Our open, collaborative environment is reflected in our space and in how we work with each other. We’ve found power in bringing smart people together to solve tough problems. For some that may look like there are too many people involved; for others it means there is more opportunity to work on challenges and have greater impact. Operating in a team culture doesn’t mean we don’t take risks or drive real results, it’s just that to do so successfully, we engage others early and often. -Gloria

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Director in Singapore

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Mediamath epitomises the kind of company you would never want to join and empower you with better decision for your future roles- the grandiose of looking great is just a facade. Unprofessional colleagues within the workforce who dont value punctuality and proper language behaviour do brush up the colloquialism of one.

Cons

The hiring process is in a mess and the HR in both SG and UK are equally inefficient not only during the interview process, but also during my tenure with the company. It is akin to a bunch of school kids running around inside a walled garden. People within the company possess sky high ego with the mentality that they are talents too hard to miss. Do be reminded that coming from Google does not make you any special unless you contribute positively to the organisational goals and growth. And if you are that good, why did not you extend your tenure with Google? Just one example from the myriad.

MediaMath2016-02-26

"Growing Strong"

Director in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath

Pros

Management seems to get that you get the most out of people by filling them in on what's going on with the business and not micromanaging them in how they work to solve problems and seize opportunities.

Cons

They're still working on keeping the smaller sites in EMEA/APAC in mind all of the time - but intentions seem to be good in chipping away at that growth challenge.

MediaMath2015-07-26

"Great People: hard working, innovative, accountable"

Current Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people we work with at Adroit Digital are great. Everyone works together as a team to move campaigns in a forward momentum with performance at its core. People want to stay late after work just to hang out with each other - that says a lot!

Cons

As a growing company, expectations can be set high!....But we really work hard and will definitely thrive.

MediaMath2014-10-27

"Exciting, Dynamic Company"

Current Employee - Director, Sales

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture -- Really energetic, fun, hard working group Industry -- Programmatic media is a really 'cool' place to be right now. Upside -- The company is at a spot where new positions are being created all the time to fit the right skill set. Balance -- We work hard, but there's always time for family.

Cons

Processes -- We need to get better at things like new employee training, onboarding, etc.

MediaMath2014-10-23
  6. "For a young company, really has its act together."

Current Employee - Sales Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

The product works. The people are great. And I'm not supposed to be impressed by stuff like this, but some really nice perks too.

Cons

Some of usual growing pains: Overlapping systems; Keeping up with and communicating changes, etc.

MediaMath2014-10-28

"Great people, great solutions!"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm only a few months into the Adroit family but so far, it has been amazing. Everyone is incredibly nice and helpful and you really get a solid feel for the culture early on. It's also exciting and has that "startup" feel, with new solutions coming that will help solidify our growth for years to come.

Cons

No major cons yet but alot of moving parts and changes for the good and growth of the company.

MediaMath2014-10-23

"Great company and great people!"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

When I joined MediaMath, I was amazed by how welcoming and open its employees are. You will be integrated quickly and you will get interesting projects to work on with a lot of responsibilities. The work-life balance is exceptional: as long as the work is done, you are free to organize your time between office and home, work and time-off, etc.

Cons

As a very fast-growing company, MediaMath sometimes needs more structure to be efficient. Getting information on existing features / projects can be challenging as you have to discuss with a lot of people.

MediaMath2014-10-08

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

High energy, innovative, growing quickly, collaborate environment, focused on continuous improvement, great teams of people, fun environment and very smart employees. People love working here. I've never been in an environment before where so many people love what they do.

Cons

Running out of space due to growth.

MediaMath2013-10-10

"The Truth"

Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a great company to work for. They are innovative, smart and quickly growing. They really seem to care about their employees and additional perks are nice. Upper management are very approachable and are very much involved.

Cons

They need to improve their pay scale

MediaMath2013-10-01