Medcor Reviews

Updated May 19, 2022

Found 183 of over 199 reviews

3.9
Medcor President & CEO Philip Seeger (no image)
Philip Seeger
Pros
  • "Work from home, decent benefits(in 26 reviews)

• "Freedom to run your site as needed, as long as you meet Medcor standards(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Client doesn't care about Medcor policies(in 19 reviews)

• "Upper management looks and feels like an Old Boy’s Club(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

11h

a

Physical Therapist

After submitting a job application, personally how long do you wait before not hearing any response that you take the intended job out of consideration and move on? (Not counting those random out of the blue jobs where recruiters hit you up 2-3 months later after you’ve applied.) I’ve been on the hiring end so I know how the processes work, so I give it a week max now as an applicant. I wanted to ask what everyone else’s personal timeline was?

4 Comments

Healthcare

30.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Medcor~259564
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Medcor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company!

Aug 21, 2020 - Paramedic in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Independent practice, trusted with responsibilities, not micromanaged

Cons

Working night shifts is hard but its not the end of the world

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Most Unsupportive Place to Work

Nov 19, 2021 - CCO (COVID Compliance Officer) in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing is a pro most unsupportive and abusive company.

Cons

Absolutely unsupportive, this company literally recycles through nurses. They hire and fire nurse after nurse.

1 person found this review helpful

Medcor Response

Executive Director of Talent Acquisition

We are a good team of health professionals, supported by good doctors, training, systems, operations personnel, and other resources to do our jobs well. We are surprised you feel unsupported and we are concerned by your allegations. We know we aren’t perfect, but this doesn’t sound like us. Since you identify as an employee, please use the company’s compliance line or email to share more details so we can take appropriate action. You can also contact us at feedback@medcor.com.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

PCP

Apr 24, 2021 - Primary Care Paramedic
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, fixed hours, stress-free environment

Cons

I just started, we'll see after 6 months

4. 5.0

LPN

May 19, 2022 - Licensed Practical Nurse in McHenry, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Medcor's model is very different than most clinics. The work environment is positive, good pace while working with some great people. Management is involved and I feel heard when sharing ideas, etc. You get to focus on getting to know patients and offering the best care.

Cons

Lots of changes happening - many very positive but change is always tough. All in all a great place to work!

5. 5.0

Great work/life balance

May 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great work/life balance -Family centered -Supportive management -Knowledgeable, professional staff

Cons

-Sometimes communication can be difficult among the different departments

6. 5.0

Mission-driven

May 16, 2022 - Registered Nurse in McHenry, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mission-driven company doing important work to make healthcare more affordable and accessible. Most jobs here offer a work-life balance that is very difficult to find - especially in healthcare. The company has a sustainable business model, is profitable (very stable), and offers competitive pay.

Cons

Medcor is focusing on providing better technology and improving communication.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Would recommend

May 10, 2022 - Software Engineer in McHenry, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, flexible scheduling, small business and working environment

Cons

Not much room for career advancement

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

So far, so good

May 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Medcor for 22 months, and have enjoyed every day I have stepped foot in the clinic. I have had no issues with the management or their policy and procedures.

Cons

I have not encountered a con to date.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Nice people

May 6, 2022 - Telephone Triage Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership including supervisors and managment, are friendly

Cons

The RN pay is subpar

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Terrible

May 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can bring foods and gadgets inside the office.

Cons

*No employee connectivity, they can just easily replace you if they don't like you *Workloads are unbearable and can't give you proper training when you get up-skilled. *No incentives, no salary increase. *management don't know how to handle employees *very stiff and strict when it comes to leave application *WORST HEALTHCARE INSURANCE *no professionalism *SALARY IS TOO LOW *no employment growth

Medcor Response

Executive Director of Talent Acquisition

Medcor invests in our advocates with quality training and often promotes internally. We are proud to offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits to our advocates and are sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with your package. Medcor emphasizes a Just culture and encourages open communication so that we can continually improve. Since you identify as a current advocate, we hope you voice these concerns through feedback@medcor.com and share more details.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 183 Reviews

Medcor Reviews FAQs

Medcor has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 199 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Medcor to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Medcor employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Medcor. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

83% of Medcor employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Medcor 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Medcor Job Seekers