MedAvante Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-time Part-time

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul M. Gilbert

1. "Innovative CRO, great Company to work with"

Pros

- Flexibility in time management;
    - Employees' work quality and expertise are considered and valued;
    - Transparency in employees' appraisal;
    - Streamlined procedures, clear competences and responsabilities for each role;
    - Good internal communication;
    - Good work-life balance;
    - Good salary and bonus.

Cons

- Precarity: for the majority of the CTS team members the amount of working hours and the duration of the contracts are defined to accomodate the projects the Company is involved in. The employees do not have any control overtheir possibility to pursue their collaboration with the Company or to progress within it in this sense, even though work quality is an important variable.
    - Work can become repetitive and a little tedious.

Advice to Management

Encouraging interaction and reducing the differences in engagement between the US team and the EU team could help in strengthening the employees' cohesion and sense of inclusion.

2. "A Great Place to Work"

I have been working at MedAvante full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All the coworkers were really helpful.
    Highly exposure to technical skills
    Encouraging management
    Continuous learning

Cons

Challenge to keep up the time, based on the fast sales

Advice to Management

I will be good to have couple of team building activity in a year.

3. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Hamilton, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Hamilton, NJ (US)

Pros

Very family oriented, good benefits, great people to work with and an extremely dedicated staff. This company is revolutionizing the market

Cons

Like most businesses there are growing pains. This is a good problem to have and with the change in organizational structure I believe this problem will soon go away.

Advice to Management

Continue to be Great! Although we are going through growing pains I believe the company is growing in the right direction and we know that you hear us.

5. "Great work ethic but with unrealistic amounts of stress"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ (US)

I have been working at MedAvante full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company culture, great employees, great benefits

Cons

Growing too fast for their own good which is severely affecting their employees

Advice to Management

Get appropriate resources in-house before expanding service offering without the right support

6. "A Great Place to Work"

I have been working at MedAvante full-time

Pros

-Excellent atmosphere with culture of respect, empathy, and integrity
    -Great place to hone your skills as well as advance your career
    -Very talented and hard working people, superb supervisors and peers
    -Great work-life balance and flexibility

Cons

Company updates on an ongoing bases, in addition to regularly scheduled meetings, can help inform employees on current achievements of the company.

"MedAvante"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator

I have been working at MedAvante full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fast paced environment in which you don't get bored by the routine. It is also one of the few companies I have seen so far that lets women grow and evolve professionally to the same extent as men, while keeping a good work/life balance. Great people, extremely supportive and positive, believing in the product and the vision. Flat structure attitude; people at the "bottom" are made feel as important as those on the top.

Cons

It feels at times that the company is not ready for for the fast pacing changes and growth. Things are done ad hoc and it's often the team that saves the day, where there should be processes in place.

Advice to Management

Keep the team spirit by bringing us together from time to time, which builds bridges and makes people feel like they belong in a team. Keep working on reducing the manual processes.

8. "Dedication motivating for employees"

Current Employee - Clinician
    Current Employee - Clinician

I have been working at MedAvante part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to be working for if interested in learning, growing and expanding experience and knowledge in behavioral healths and clinical trials. Great and practically useful training and supprt is provided to new members, the team is welcoming, dedicated and bright. The work delivered is always as precise and high-quality as possible. The management clearly has the vision, knowledge and motivation to pursue the company goals. Besides, one can feel the devotedness to the product and the care for the employess. I have the constant opportunity to improve, learn and grow, to ask for and receive support if needed. Responsibilities are clear and precisely layed out. Company culture is motivating for employees.

Cons

Increasingly busy and demanding at times, especially considering meeting times for non-US employees. Nevertheless, it might be beneficial to learn about ones capacity under increasing pressure and the need to organize and structure work schedule.

Advice to Management

Occasionally offering some insight and information about current and near-future company goals and decisions affecting the actual work of the different groups might be beneficial and re-assuring for employees.

9. "Very hospitable and rewarding but..need to work hard"

Current Employee - Senior Clinician
    Current Employee - Senior Clinician

Pros

The biggest plus is that you can work from your home via Internet and your working hours are free to choose. A second large plus is the salary: I only work small part time but it is very rewarding (remember: I am an experienced senior:)). Also the colleagues are very nice to work with: Medavante's mission statement that we care about each other really comes true in the way they treat you. Not afraid in giving feedback of course, but always very polite. Wish companies in my country would work like that! The content of the work itself is at times a bit challenging but when given enough attention you will manage relatively easy, so less stress.

Cons

Due to several management hypes really almost everything you do is monitored. Understandable to keep track of whether you are really working as you promised to do. However, to track your own merits every month and realizing you are working on several company goals I find unusual and an administrative burden. Furthermore, please be aware that in order to maintain high quality in your work there are very regular clinical meetings and every 3-4 months training and examination online. This can feel a bit stressed but hey, we need the high quality :).

Advice to Management

Due to its international character the team is very diverse. To build a strong team spirit we need at least a get-together (training and/or leisure time) with each other. This really enhances your own motivation to work for such a nice team and company.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ (US)

I have been working at MedAvante full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is high retention because people genuinely enjoy and respect one another. There's good comraderie. It's the least political company I've ever been at. Overall my co-workers are very intelligent and dedicated. The organization is relatively flat; meaning people are empowered and given a lot of responsibility. It's fun to be at a company that's growing. And it's satisfying to have many reasons to believe your platform is the best one in the market. MedAvante has a strong combination of clinical and technological expertise. That's a true competitive differentiator.

Cons

Because the company sales are growing quickly people can feel at times that it's a challenge to keep up. But the company is also hiring so hopefully that will relieve some of the strain. I'd like to see some of the recruiting go faster. That can be frustrating at times. I understand the need to bring in the right people.

Advice to Management

There have been more company lunches and celebrations in the last year or so. These are important for ensuring we identify with the company not just one's specific group.

"Growing Company With Vision and Determination"

I have been working at MedAvante full-time

Pros

I have worked for MedAvante for over 5 years. We are a company highly focused on providing precise, high quality work. The people I work with are some of the smartest, most creative people I have ever known. The company works to be as transparent as possible about our successes and challenges as an agency. My salary and benefits are excellent. I love my work and the opportunities that company has afforded me.

Cons

Unfortunately, some business decisions have required the company to engage in some restructuring. This is no different than any other company that is growing and adapting to the changing industry/market. The decisions that were made have solidified the company's future.

Advice to Management

There is a normal ebb and flow to this industry and the work we do. I think employees would appreciate having a deeper understanding of the big picture shifts that impact our company and work life.