McMillan "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

McMillan Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated May 15, 2019

Found 52 reviews

4.1
McMillan CEO Pierre Paul Samson
Pierre Paul Samson
Pros
  • "Emphasis is on doing great work while maintaining a work/life balance(in 9 reviews)

• "Ability to work from home (sometimes/with good reason),(in 6 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A great place to work with lots of creative people!"

I have been working at McMillan full-time

Pros

Humble, honest people, Executive team is always open to suggestions from employees, Great, fun culture, Well lit office space in the market, Flexible hours, Personal appointment time off, birthday off volunteer day off, Ability to work from home (sometimes/with good reason), The Albert!

Cons

Benefits can be improved (e.g. no RRSP, no maternity leave benefit, no dietician, etc.) Vacation days are below expected

McMillan2019-01-24

McMillan Response

May 1, 2019CEO

Thanks for your positive comments. There’s definitely a good work/life balance here at McMillan, which is not always the case in the agency world. We’ll look at upping our benefits as noted, appreciate your input! Best, Pierre Paul

"Review"

I have been working at McMillan full-time

Pros

-Fun location -dogs allowed - can work from home sometimes -alot of cool, talented people -chill & social atmosphere -off at Xmas - if there isn't a big job happening

Cons

- some people are really busy, some seem to have not much to do -Process isn't often followed especially when it gets really busy -can be lots of overtime and no warning about it -making the same pay as a job I had 10yrs ago - repetitive and not very creative work -favoritism toward some employees -salaries and bouses are random - high turnover -feedback doesn't always seem welcome - not much for training or...

Advice to Management

-treat everyone as equal -balance the work better -make everyone use the proper processes -more opportunities to move up and get raises

McMillan2017-03-02
    • "Solid!"

I have been working at McMillan part-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall an excellent place to work with great people and a relaxed environment. I personally enjoy the flexibility in hours and the ability to work from home. The management approach is hands-off with the expectation that your work gets done in a time manner.

Cons

Projects can sometimes have tight timelines which require extra hours. This is not the norm though and any extra time has been fairly compensated for.

McMillan2017-02-07
    • "Fast-paced, fun, flexible."

I have been working at McMillan full-time

Pros

- Talented and creative colleagues - Supportive and understanding management - Commitment to professional development of employees and management - Great benefits - Generous bonuses - Ability to work from home - Volunteer day, birthday off - Fun, liberal environment/culture - Dog friendly

Cons

- Tight deadlines mean overtime is often required making work/life balance a challenge.

Advice to Management

- Ensure major changes in organizational structure are communicated clearly. - Knowledge transfer between old and new managers with respect to employee development/action plans needs improvement.

McMillan2017-01-20
    • "Great culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at McMillan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

McMillan provides a wonderful workplace culture, a fast paced/dynamic, dog-friendly environment in a great location. Educational opportunities and growth opportunities are available. Upper management has strong leadership skills and are focused on mentorship. Another nice perk is the option to work from home. The company is sympathetic to family obligations and understands the importance of work/life balance.

Cons

My only criticism is that salaries are not always competitive depending on the role.

Advice to Management

I recommend reviewing the average salaries for digital agencies in Canada and align to those.

McMillan2017-01-20
    • "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at McMillan full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

• Great location • Being able to work from home • Having a team of great people I can depend on • Dog and cat friendly office • Many opportunities for advancement • Challenging projects and atmosphere

Cons

Deadlines are usually really tight, often involving some overtime.

McMillan2017-01-19