- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at McMillan full-time (More than a year)
Great benefits, perks, social activities, acknowledgement of successes, cool people and managers who care.
Too many long periods with nothing substantial to work on ... too many dry high-tech clients ... too few opportunities to dig into challenging conceptual work that might end up in a marketer's portfolio.
Advice to Management
Work harder to find more creative projects/opportunities or pull back on the "creative b2b agency" messaging ... I suspect that the majority of staff do not feel creatively engaged or challenged on a day-to-day basis
I have been working at McMillan full-time (More than 10 years)
Have worked with this company for a number of years and continue to be amazed by the wonderful culture and exceptionally talented people that work here.
So many perks it's hard to list them all but here's a few:
- huge advocates for professional development, sending employees all over the world on conferences and training opportunities
- competitive salaries and annual cost of living increases based on inflation rates
- regular employee reviews and ongoing one on one's with managers so the lines of communication are always open
- management team receives leadership coaching to ensure they have the skills they need to manage their teams
- amazing social committee that always has fun parties and events planned throughout the year including drink cart Friday's each week
- office is dog friendly and there are lots of furry friends roaming the halls almost every single day
- you get your birthday day off, and extra day off at Easter and the office closes between Christmas and New Years
- great benefits plan
- flex time so that you can fit in your personal appointments without hassle
- extremely collaborative environment filled with exceptionally talented individuals who are without ego
- 1 paid day off per year to volunteer
None that I can think of. It truly is an amazing place to work!
I have been working at McMillan full-time (More than 8 years)
Great Location, environment, friendly people, great clients.
None to mention at all.
I worked at McMillan full-time (More than 3 years)
Fantastic work culture! Management shows respect to employees.
Sometimes the lead time was very tight.
I worked at McMillan full-time (More than 10 years)
The agency was founded in 1996. So it is young enough to be fresh, exciting and open to new ideas. But it is established enough to have a solid HR function, well-trained and supportive managers, and an excellent work-life balance. As an agency, the clients' needs can often tip that balance during busy times but the agency is very accommodating to balance things out appropriately. It is a very fun, laid-back yet professional environment. And with clients across the US and Europe, there are opportunities for more global exposure--and from time to time, travel.
The only cons I can think of are actually consistent with any creative agency of that size (80 people, +/-). Internal communication can be challenging and the inherent 'tension' that can exist between clients and creative pops up now and again.
Advice to Management
Continue to nurture the amazing culture that exists. Develop talent from within the ranks.
I have been working at McMillan full-time
Friendly colleagues and good environment
Need to overtime to finish the job
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?