Mattersight Employee Reviews about "smart people"

Updated May 3, 2019

Found 6 of over 77 reviews

3.3
Mattersight CEO of NICE Barak Eilam (no image)
Barak Eilam
Pros
  • "They have an above average work-life balance, you won't get burnt out and you get plenty of PTO(in 15 reviews)

• "A lot of smart people and a lot of opportunities to have real responsibility early in your career(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management is not in touch with the rest of the company and does not communicate well about developments and setbacks(in 5 reviews)

• "no Team Building activities outside of work in the Austin office(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "smart people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great promise, the reality a letdown

Apr 22, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The concept of behavioral routing was very sexy and opened all sorts of doors at prospective companies. Great office location in Chicago. Lots of super smart people.

Cons

The reality is that a very specific set of attributes is required for the solution to actually produce positive results, and most companies did not fit that profile. So we had lots of initial interest but very few conversions.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Kinda ruined my resume

May 3, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

snacks, and a decent product, Smart people doing the best they can, If you work really hard you can see your position and influence change the company, people actively switched roles while I was there.

Cons

When your first PRO is the snacks i might feel like I wasted part of my life here. I feel very validated seeing other reviews here criticizing management. My experience was one of poor mentorship regarding the data structures that contributed to my poor performance. I felt like an alien with no where to hide and it was paralyzing. Seeing the reviews tank after my departure helps me validate my concerns. Biggest issue I had was a work culture that made it hard to make mistakes. Senior staff had childish outbursts that made it very hard to work. Combined with the faux open floorplan and there is no privacy when people should be having private moments. I feel like i almost made a coworker cry because i gave him questionable feedback on a report.

5 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Waiting for the Miracle

Sep 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, smart people Beautiful office (Chicago) Social culture Lots of cool data

Cons

Lots of silos, many due to 3 geographically separated, functionally disparate offices Lip service to being/trying to be a software product company while continuing to entertain high touch engagements that distract teams from organizing around products Very few deals, low market power with customers

Mattersight Response

Chief People Officer

Mattersight has always been able to attract smart people wanting to solve interesting problems so it's great to see our people on the top of your Pro list. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions on the company and the current changes. As you noted, Mattersight has been acquired by NICE and we all look forward to the future as we embark on this new journey. Employee communications will continue to update on decisions, goals and our progress. If you have questions or comments that the communications aren't covering, please reach out to David or me. And get ready for that fun ride... - Melissa

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture, Interesting Work: Never Bored!

Apr 25, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mattersight is a growing company with interesting products, really smart people and a culture that offers something for everyone such as volunteer days, regular lunches (thanks for always remembering the vegetarians and gluten-free!), office outings and a softball team. Employees can start programs they are interested in such as a new Data Collaborative, Toastmasters and a book club. Big name clients. I've learned a lot about topics I'm interested in and been introduced to topics that I didn't yet know I was interested in.

Cons

There is a very fast pace and you have to be willing to work hard. Exciting when all is going well; can be draining when there is an issue.

Mattersight Response

Chief People Officer

Glad you are enjoying your Mattersight experience! We are moving at a fast pace with great new logos and growth with our subscription clients. Hope you were able to join our most recent Company Performance Bonus call announcing this year’s equity bonus targets; it’s a great feeling when your hard work pays off with equity in the company. If you have ideas or suggestions on employee communications, please stop by to see me. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. Melissa

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

I dig it!

Aug 8, 2016 - Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super casual work environment. The usual good tech perks like free snacks, beer Fridays, game room with foosball, team outings. Free lunch every other Friday. Super smart people. Interesting solutions (personality software) I'm in Marketing and my boss is very receptive to hearing my ideas and implementing them. In fact, any time I suggest something my CMO usually will implement my suggestion (and that includes sales contests) It's challenging but I enjoy the work and my co-workers are great. If you are lazy, you won't be a good fit here. We are about to move into a new office in September - the Chief People Officer has been really good about letting the employees vote on everything from colors of the walls to new furniture to conference room names.

Cons

No bring your dog to work (bummer, but that policy is not because of Mattersight; our building management company doesn't allow pets). Office is pretty quiet but Mattersight tries to make it fun with off site outings (we did an Austin Duck Tour/lunch last week and a few months ago we did the Panic Room) - base salary could be better.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Problems at the top.

Sep 29, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of smart people and a lot of opportunities to have real responsibility early in your career.

Cons

There were a lot of great people at Mattersight. They now work at SalesForce. The quality people they have managed to keep are usually there because of the work-life balance the company affords. Upper management is oblivious to how oblivious they look. The technology sounds great, but rarely delivers on accuracy or user experience. If Mattersight lost one important client, it would likely go under tomorrow.

4 people found this review helpful