Mattersight Employee Reviews about "austin"

Updated Apr 2, 2018

Found 4 of over 77 reviews

3.3
Mattersight CEO of NICE Barak Eilam (no image)
Barak Eilam
Pros
  • "They have an above average work-life balance, you won't get burnt out and you get plenty of PTO(in 15 reviews)

• "A lot of smart people and a lot of opportunities to have real responsibility early in your career(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management is not in touch with the rest of the company and does not communicate well about developments and setbacks(in 5 reviews)

• "no Team Building activities outside of work in the Austin office(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "austin"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Meh..

Apr 2, 2018 - Project Manager in Edina, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is good and competitive . *

Cons

Company is split into three locations. Austin, Edina, Chicago. The distance seems to promote a silo environment. It makes it easy for some to be passive aggressive or rude. I found that some in management were belittling and obnoxious. They also don't reach out to support during tough time/initiatives. Just the expectation that everything gets done with perfection. A cardinal sin is not going to a team event. That'll cause problems FOR SURE.

2 people found this review helpful

Mattersight Response

Chief People Officer

Hi. I hope that while you found some in management off-putting, you found others that were supportive and demonstrated the type of leadership that we as a company strive for. Team events are sponsored to thank people for their hard work and to bring a team together; it's near impossible to accommodate everyone's schedule and preferences so I'm sorry to hear that there was pressure placed on you to attend. I will follow-up with managers to remind them that team events may not align with everyone's needs and to be considerate of that. On your advice to Management, if we were starting over, one location might be an option. However, at this point, we have to think of our employees first and consolidating into one location would mean either uprooting someone's life completely or eliminating jobs in 2 of 3 locations. We have so many valued and talented employees in all three locations, that it just doesn't seem like a viable option. I wish you well in your new role and thank you for your contributions while you were here. Best, Melissa

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

I dig it!

Aug 8, 2016 - Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super casual work environment. The usual good tech perks like free snacks, beer Fridays, game room with foosball, team outings. Free lunch every other Friday. Super smart people. Interesting solutions (personality software) I'm in Marketing and my boss is very receptive to hearing my ideas and implementing them. In fact, any time I suggest something my CMO usually will implement my suggestion (and that includes sales contests) It's challenging but I enjoy the work and my co-workers are great. If you are lazy, you won't be a good fit here. We are about to move into a new office in September - the Chief People Officer has been really good about letting the employees vote on everything from colors of the walls to new furniture to conference room names.

Cons

No bring your dog to work (bummer, but that policy is not because of Mattersight; our building management company doesn't allow pets). Office is pretty quiet but Mattersight tries to make it fun with off site outings (we did an Austin Duck Tour/lunch last week and a few months ago we did the Panic Room) - base salary could be better.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good, but...

Aug 1, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great products, amazingly intelligent people.

Cons

Workplace siloed to the nth degree - engineers working in cube farms, isolated from the rest of the business in Austin (sprinkle in a few marketing people in that office, who rarely even interact with the folks from engineering - don't even know most of their names, and it's only 50 or so people in the office). Nicer vibe in the Chicago office, but still a jittery and quirky place. Some of that is to be expected from a company that specializes in personality science, but it's a place where employees are loathe to take issues up the chain because there's little faith it will make any difference.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Happy Employee

Jan 9, 2013 - Analyst in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work life balance - Wonderful Team Enviroment - Opportunites to learn new skills -Opportunity for advancement if you show your worth

Cons

no Team Building activities outside of work in the Austin office .

1 person found this review helpful