Mattamy Homes Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Mar 31, 2020

3.6
Mattamy Homes Founder and CEO Peter Gilgan
Peter Gilgan
Pros
  • "Great people that have all left or are currently looking to leave(in 12 reviews)

• "Great work environment and life style balance(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Extremely long hours, no appreciation and below market pay(in 5 reviews)

• "Growing pains of an expanding divison(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company"

5.0
    Former Employee - Handy Person

I worked at Mattamy Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good wage Great people Great work environment

Cons

Wage could be higher, but still worth it

Mattamy Homes2019-06-16
  2. "Laborer"

Former Employee - Laborer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Mattamy Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

A progressive work environment that can help build me mentally and financially as a person

Cons

Would highly appreciate if you accept me as a person because have the potential to boost your company is every way I can

Mattamy Homes2020-03-31
  3. "Ok, but don't join for the 'we are a family' spin"

2.0
    Former Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Mattamy Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, work environment. Very standard company culture.

Cons

Don't believe the 'we are a family' story, its run like most other corps. Random structure changes with poor communication. People go on leave with the 'great top-up program' the company advertises, then their roles conveniently 'restructured' while they are away.

Mattamy Homes2019-07-28

"Great company culture with strong future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Mattamy Homes full-time

Pros

Family-like atmosphere, growth and learning opportunities, mentorship, ability to work on projects with various levels and teams, flexible work environment

Cons

Benefits are not competitive, lack of engagement and relationship development opportunities with senior leadership, needs to have more transparent communication from senior leadership team

Mattamy Homes2017-08-16

"Pro Shop Assistant"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Mattamy Homes

Pros

- Fair Schedule - Good work environment - Strong local leadership - Free use of golf facilities

Cons

- below average pay - no opportunity for advancement - limited perks outside of golf - no benefits package

Mattamy Homes2016-11-03

"Great company with a lot of opportunity for advancement."

I have been working at Mattamy Homes

Pros

- Great work environment - Great co-workers - Rewards job performance

Cons

- Relatively long hours - Somewhat bureaucratic

Mattamy Homes2013-03-10
  7. "Great Overall Company"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Mattamy Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment and life style balance. Amazing PTO and built in holidays. Company cares about employees wellbeing and advancement.

Cons

Company based out of Canada so styles between US and Canada vary.

Mattamy Homes2020-02-10

"As a returning employee, I can see improvement in processes, procedures, and leadership; moving in the right direction."

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Mattamy Homes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've seen a lot of growing pains since I joined in 2011...left the company for a brief hiatus, and just returned to many positive changes. Love the company benefits; some of which are 401k with up to 3% matching, 3 weeks vacation + sick days, medical/dental/vision, hotline for personal needs for advice and guidance. We're on a fiscal year versus a calendar year, which is awesome; you can actually spend holidays with your family over Christmas and New Year's. The owner of the company, Peter Gilgan, is very active in giving back to his community on a major scale, and he encourages and supports his team to do the same. :) "Team/family" environment; work together, laugh together, after hours get togethers for dinner and drinks...team building events...I very much enjoy the closeness of our entire team. The work environment is nicely up-to-date, from the tech and IT support, to the office environment with lots of windows and natural light, which positively affects your mental attitude. I find Mattamy to be a fantastic company that cares about its employees and works to make changes for the betterment of the company culture...happy employees leads to personal commitment and dedication, which leads to growth of the company.

Cons

This is specific to the recently implemented JDEdwards system we're now using; it does not appear that closing coordinators in the US were collaborated with when developing the layout and tools of the system >>> having to work in multiple areas of the system to perform basic daily duties, and, most importantly, completely left out any area to input realtor/broker data. I would comfortably calculate that about 80% +/- of our US business has a realtor/broker on the deal; this is especially true of our ForNat buyers where almost all of them have an agent and all of our communication has to go through that agent. Realtor/Brokers are an integral aspect of our US business base. NHC's, Marketing, Contracts Coordinators, and Closing Coordinators all communicate with realtors/brokers on a daily basis. We have had to figure out our own individual methods to track those contacts in order to communicate with them for their clients who are under contract with us. Creating a section for them in our system would be exceptionally helpful to us.

Mattamy Homes2017-08-26

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews