Match Marketing Group "flexible hours" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Match Marketing Group Employee Reviews about "flexible hours"

Updated Mar 7, 2019

2.8
Match Marketing Group CEO   Brian Cohen (no image)
Brian Cohen
Cons

Reviews about "flexible hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing team"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Match Marketing Group for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, flexible hours and a very skilled management team that knows how to train and motivate employees.

Cons

Far drive to office in Mississauga. Haven't experienced any real negatives though

Match Marketing Group2017-07-23
  2. "Love Representing Nespresso!"

Current Contractor - Brand Ambassador in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Match Marketing Group for more than a year

Pros

flexible hours,good pay and free coffee

Cons

not enough shift,team leads arent always the best

Match Marketing Group2019-03-08

"Gone downhill"

I have been working at Match Marketing Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Extra vacation day on long weekends Great benefits RRSP contributions Flexible work hours if requested

Cons

This place has gone downhill in a wheel barrel. What started as a company that prides themselves on integrity and trust has become a company of lies, deceit and games. They are loosing clients like crazy, and keep hiring high priced, useless “Sr leadership” staff and cutting the “little guys” jobs. I have yet to see a single one of these upper management jokes bring in any new business, or do anything of any importance other than take our money and our bonuses. Oh did I mention when you sign your contract they tell you that you are eligible for a bonus but haven’t actually given one out in years. I don’t know what they’re doing, but clearly something isn’t working and life/the business was so much better when CD was in charge.

Advice to Management

Close your doors. Stop trying it’s not worth it.

Match Marketing Group2018-11-03

"Hemorrhaging clients"

Current Employee - Creative in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Match Marketing Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent work environment Location in Mississauga is preferable to venturing into downtown Toronto Flexible work hours Free green tea

Cons

Leadership has created a toxic culture from the top down: sleeping with staff, poor communication (it's either no communication by avoiding employees or outright lying about staffing/financials at town hall meetings) and general mismanagement of resources. This has led to the loss of several high-profile clients/accounts and endless ongoing job losses, er, restructuring. The company doesn't know what it wants to be. They built their brand on shopper and experiential marketing and now current leadership wants to throw that away in hopes of becoming a brand agency. The creative studio is terribly mismanaged: there is zero communication from creative leadership and an endless stream of freelancers lead the department at the expense of full-time employees (other than a select few "favourites"). Oh, and copywriters are the new Creative Directors at Match. The pay is embarrassingly low. Anywhere from 10-20k below industry averages in creative roles. Unless you are a freelancer at Match, there are no real opportunities for growth. Combined with a horrible track record over the past 2 years at winning any new projects or accounts and the mass exodus of current clients, this is not a place you want to be.

Advice to Management

Executive leadership needs an enema. Tear it down and start over.

Match Marketing Group2018-10-18
  5. "They ask new employees to submit reviews on Glass Door during orientation"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Match Marketing Group

Pros

- Flexible hours - Good wage

Cons

- They asked new employees to submit reviews on Glass Door during orientation - Irregular pay - Vague work expectations - Pressure to take additional hours - Avoid written communication in order to not have a paper trail

Advice to Management

Develop a proper orientation, training, and work expectations model in order to ensure retention of workers.

Match Marketing Group2018-08-16

"Account Director"

Former Employee - Account Director in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Match Marketing Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, flexible hours, great office events

Cons

Inexperienced HR Upper management changes their mind every 6 months Never got to take full allotted vacation - lieu days don't exist. Vacation I did take was interrupted with 911 calls.

Match Marketing Group2018-05-28

"The Titanic of marketing companies!"

Former Contractor - Senior Brand Ambassador in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Match Marketing Group

Pros

Flexible hours. Reasonable hourly wage.

Cons

Disorganized and chaotic. Ridiculous sales targets. Disastrous local management. Little/No support for the ambassadors who are the face of the companies being represented. Poor training. Lack of accountability from senior management. Rapid staff turnover at all levels. Pathetic communication with the team. Incentives offered but not delivered. On-going nightmares with scheduling and payroll....

Advice to Management

Get your act together! East coasts management team has no clue what's going on in the west. Sales targets actually act as a *disincentive*. Entire organization needs a wholesale restructure. If I were a firm seeking a marketing company, I would literally choose anyone but Match.

Match Marketing Group2018-01-07
  8. "independent merchandiser"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Match Marketing Group for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, higher pay than minimum wage, paid travel

Cons

Limited amount of hours or so many jobs it is difficult to complete all by deadline

Match Marketing Group2017-04-19
  9. "Brand ambassador"

Brand Ambassador in Montreal, QC

I worked at Match Marketing Group

Pros

Greate job for students. The management teams are understanding and offer flexible hours for students during exams. If you are some one enjoy customers services then it is perfect!!!!!!

Cons

Since it involves with sales. Thus, it could be stressful to make sales. In addition, during Christmas times... You have to give more availability and it could be hard for students due to final exams.

Match Marketing Group2017-04-13

"A lot of problems"

Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Match Marketing Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I worked with were nice, flexible hours and work-from-home arrangements depending on your supervisor.

Cons

Disorganized. Bad leadership. No transparency whatsoever, employees often feel that they are being "screwed" by upper management.

Advice to Management

Value employees, listen to feedback

Match Marketing Group2017-02-01