Marriott International Reviews
77% would recommend to a friend
(15678 total reviews)
89% approve of CEO
Found 15,678 of over 18K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Marriott International
a month ago
Started a trainee program with Marriott(Voyage program) right after finishing university. I am currently 5 months in it. I am a bit unhappy cause I feel like I am mostly learning things that would work only in a hotel and their software is pretty old and useless. Do you guys recommend me finishing the program or start looking for a new job? I will have to look for a new job anyways once the program finishes since it has a duration of 12 months.
Got a burning question about Marriott International? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Marriott International employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "And the benefits wouldve been great if i ever got the chance to use them." (in 1425 reviews)
- "The people I work with are great people who really care about the guests and their fellow associates." (in 667 reviews)
- "great culture and interesting for those that love customer service" (in 359 reviews)
- "The staff is friendly which makes it very easy to make friends while working at the marriot." (in 241 reviews)
- "there is some great training that you can do on your own to further your skills" (in 222 reviews)
- "The pay is low in hospitality given the hours that are expected and the demanding needs of hotels." (in 850 reviews)
- "poor management and you get lost in the mix" (in 587 reviews)
- "Long hours and you need to make sure you are committed to what you do." (in 572 reviews)
- "Salary is low because it is not enough to pay rent" (in 448 reviews)
- "No work life balance and very hard to move within the company if you’re not willing to move around." (in 365 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Marriott International and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 15, 2023HousekeeperCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
To work here is a dream come through there are a lot of benefits and a friendly staff and a amazing environment.
I have non at the moment. My experience has been great so far.
- 4.0Nov 8, 2023Banquet SupervisorFormer Employee
Free Staff Meal Good co-workers View from the falls
Outdated service style. No voice even as a supervisor, you just follow management with different opinions on how to handle events. Management expects you to be the best when they don't even train properly.
- 5.0Nov 15, 2023HousekeeperFormer Employee, less than 1 yearEdmonton, AB
It was amazing the Marriott are best standards
Sometimes client are very awkward but with Marriott training ideal you will be able to follow a customer lead
- 4.0Oct 14, 2023Room AttendantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMarkham, ON
Very nice Management team especially our department manager Mr. Leo Kim he is very supportive and kind person . He understands how hard our job and is always willing to help housekeepers.
Very physical demanding job and the pay was not so good.
- 1.0Oct 31, 2023Human Resources CoordinatorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsToronto, ON
The team members are great to work with
Micromanagers who have trust issues make you start to affect your mental health gradually.
Marriott International Reviews FAQs
Marriott International has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 17,535 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Marriott International to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
77% of Marriott International employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Marriott International 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.