Market Track Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Mar 8, 2018

Found 3 of over 60 reviews

3.4
Market Track Chief Executive Officer Dennis Moore (no image)
Dennis Moore
Pros
  • "the downtown Willis Tower HQ is relatively convenient(in 4 reviews)

• "The company is under new ownership from a great Private Equity firm called Vista Equity Partners(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Pressure to be connected and available can impact work/life balance (different view of(in 3 reviews)

• "no room(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Advertising

249 Comments

Advertising

30.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Market Track~31588
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee

Moving in the Right Direction

Mar 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership team making improvements and being responsive to feedback Unlimited Paid Time Off policy Working to improve culture Good team

Cons

Pressure to be connected and available can impact work/life balance (different view of work/life balance between different countries). Lots of change and acquisitions, which can make things unclear for employees.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

All was well until the Vista

Feb 24, 2018 - Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers were great. Hours can be flexible and not to overbearing depending on your role. You'll see people leave around 4:30-5 normally. Used to be a relaxed, family-based atmosphere as there are some decent office perks and fun contests that have lasted.

Cons

Things are rolling downhill after Vista acquired us. They are taking control of the company by force, causing longer hours (sometimes 12+ per day), worse working conditions and giving us zero freedom. They are not trustworthy on what they are trying to accomplish or implement, as their consultants and vendors they are using are trash and a revolving door of them are trying to "help" us. I know a lot of these sales, service and finance jobs are going to be eliminated after their 'BOSS' implementation, and they are not willing to admit it or be honest about it. They are not to be trusted as they are not genuine or direct in the way they consult. 2. Lots of turnover in the C-suite because of Vista forcing them out. No one is safe. 3. Work/life balance has been taken away during this transition. You have a normal workload, and then a Vista workload on top of that. Twelve to fifteen hour days and weekends are the new norm now.

11 people found this review helpful

Market Track Response

Recruiter

Hello, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry that the transition over the past year was less than positive for you. We are continuously looking for ways to improve our experience for our employees and clients and feel confident that we are positioned for success. We would love the opportunity to discuss the challenges you had so If you are interested in speaking with us, please email your contact information to careers@markettrack.com and we will do everything we can to improve the matter. Thank you

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Attentive company, lots of room for growth, you just have to be proactive about it

Jul 17, 2017 - Data Analyst in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great managers who take the time to listen to you - Intelligent co-workers - Transparent management, there are frequent check-ins and they are clear on what their expectations are of you - Adequate training - Work load can be heavy or light depending on how dependable you are. There's always something to be done and I've never really had any "slow" days - Compatible with being a part-time student - there are many people earning a second degree here and the company is extremely patient with them in terms of scheduling and working from home. this company seems to want its employee to constantly improve themselves - Emphasis on efficiency and improving processes. I've worked a many companies that do not value this as much as MT and it's very frustrating to feel like you aren't in control of what you're working with. The development team is very cooperative with people on making feature request or taking recommendations on making our software better. - Location at the Willis Tower is extremely convenient for Metra and El riders

Cons

- Okay work/life balance. Depending on how reliable you are, you may have dozens of people asking you little to big questions throughout the day. It's hard to simply leave work at work.

2 people found this review helpful