Makeship Reviews

Updated May 17, 2021

5.0
Makeship CEO Rakan Al-Shawaf (no image)
Rakan Al-Shawaf
  1. 5.0

Amazing company!

May 17, 2021 - Software Engineering Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing co-workers - Lot of autonomy - Remote work!

Cons

- Nothing I can think of!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

First day at work feels like meeting a group of familiar friends from a past life!

Apr 20, 2021 - Junior Designer in Kitchener, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is vastly different with unique backgrounds, talent and skill-sets and there's bound to be someone you meet who you'll connect with instantly. Each project feels like a breath of fresh air and the workplace encourages communication and questions. There is plenty of room to grow and make your own niche within the community. Ideas no matter how crazy they appear are welcome here! Can't wait to meet the team after the pandemic is over!

Cons

Nothing major but given this is a new company, give them some time to organize for a rapidly growing team.

3. 5.0

Best Decision I Ever Made

Apr 14, 2021 - Influencer Partnerships Development in Ottawa, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Literally everything. - Amazing team. They inspire you to be successful on a daily basis. The support is endless and they push you to be your very best. - Work equipment is expensed - Excellent healthcare coverage - The most fun team meetings I think I've ever experienced. Can't wait to meet everyone in person eventually - The company is under great management and the team is growing super fast. If there is an open opportunity, join asap.

Cons

No cons at all. Keep up the amazing work.

Continue reading
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work and always getting better!

Apr 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Career growth opportunities with the company growing rapidly - Remote with schedule flexibility - Leads who care deeply about the individuals on their teams - No room for complacency with continual improvements to work, culture, structure, etc.

Cons

Overall, no major cons to working at Makeship. This is a company for those who are comfortable with constant change and improvements and deal well with ambiguity.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

World Class Team and Company!

Apr 14, 2021 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast growing company with incredibly talented people that strive for excellence in all aspects of their job. It's an Inclusive and Diverse company that treats everyone equally and encourages growth and transparency - your voice will always be heard!

Cons

No Cons, and I promise, I'm not being bias!

6. 5.0

Great Company With Growth Opportunities

Apr 20, 2021 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible schedule. - Room for growth. - Friendly/ Diverse team and healthy work environment. - Opportunities to take initiatives and make an impact. - Plus the work is remote!

Cons

- Nothing that I would consider a con.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with even greater people

Apr 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Remote work opportunity - Amazing team and people! - The flexibility and autonomy - The opportunity to be part of the growth of a startup - Being able to make an impact / change

Cons

No cons that I can think of

8. 5.0

You'll Never Turn Back

Apr 14, 2021 - Partnerships Development Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Amazing Pay MacBook on Request Anything you need Equipment wise Encouraging and collaborative team Benefits from day one 3 week vacation paid

Cons

STOP BEING SO DAMN GOOD AT EVERYTHING!

Continue reading
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

A great place and pace to work at!

Oct 13, 2020 - Lead Designer in Kitchener, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exceptional staff without a doubt. Being part of a start-up has quite a bit of benefits and one of the most important to me has been the accessibility to speak with my co-workers whenever I need to. Being in design I find a daily need to reach out to other departments for answers and in other companies this can be quite difficult. The work is also very enjoyable as well. There are so many opportunities to venture out past the prescribed job title if you choose to take them. I really like it here.

Cons

This isn't a reflection on the company but a reflection of the current times. This is a 2020 issue, the fact this is 80% - 90% remote work now can get frustrating. I would love to be in the office with all of these wonderful individuals.

10. 5.0

Best Company I've ever worked at

Jan 5, 2021 - Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Super friendly and smart people - Very ambitious goals - Environmentally conscious - Growing really fast - Working on the content creation space, which is one of my favorites

Cons

- When growing fast you always care about maintaining growth - Things change really fast so you have to be very adaptable - Very remote team without centralized offices due to pandemic

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews