Mainframe Studios CG Artist Reviews

Updated Oct 22, 2020

Found 3 of over 96 reviews

2.0
Mainframe Studios CEO Michael Hirsh (no image)
Michael Hirsh
0 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 3.0
    Former Contractor

Almost Great

May 30, 2017 - CG Artist in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Offers benefits, beer Fridays, understands work-life balance, relaxed atmosphere and has an amazing pipeline.

Cons

Organization can vary from project to project, low salary, condescending attitude amongst certain supervisors.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Contractor, more than 10 years

Experience varies depends on shows/production

Oct 22, 2020 - CG Artist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back work atmosphere, friendly staffs

Cons

Management seems to be focus on cost cutting instead of gaining competitive edge in the industry, many softwares are years behind industry stander. There is poor communication and feed back from management, the schedule sometimes is unrealistic. There are also some serious performance punishments going on, if you are a driven and dedicated employee you might get brunt out real soon.

1 person found this review helpful

Mainframe Studios Response

Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the time and consideration spent in providing this feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our work atmosphere and working with our amazing team of artists. We are always looking for ways to improve and will work to improve our communication (even more so during this unprecedented time), and are looking at ways to improve schedules wherever possible. Our goal is to avoid burnout, and provide balance for our artists. Please don’t hesitate to contact HR directly - we would love to hear from you and discuss this further to determine where best we can improve our processes.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Rainmaker is a good VFx facility.

Jun 15, 2008 - CG Artist in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is good and competitive and the work is ok.

Cons

The hours can be long and hard and at times it seems the company is trying to get too much done with too few people.

Continue reading